ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Calling all Scouts: Tell me about the top Safety prospects.
Mr_Tomahawk 10:39 PM 03-13-2019
Now that we no longer have Berry, I hope we spend 1 of our top 3 picks on a ball hawk safety.

So all the armchair scouts in here; give me a quick overview of the top safeties in this class that could go in the first two rounds.

And who would you compare them to in the NFL? (Past or Present)

Any Ed Reeds in this class or absolute ballhawks?

Thank you.
[Reply]
O.city 11:01 AM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I love Adderley as a FS prospect but for the last couple of weeks, I've been thinking the team needs to look at somebody that can truly compliment Mathieu.

By that I mean a guy that's just as versatile. If you go Adderley, you potentially get your single high safety but does that actually limit what you can do with Mathieu?

A guy like CGJ might actually be a better fit because he can potentially do all the things HB can do and you can move them all over the field to create confusion and mismatches.
I think Adderley could do that too though plus he can be a better actual CF'er.

I like them both though.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:05 AM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I think Adderley could do that too though plus he can be a better actual CF'er.

I like them both though.
A lot of NFL scouts apparently think Adderly would be better suited as a slot CB. It's not that he's not versatile, I'm just not sure he provides the same level of versatility at SAFETY that I now want.
[Reply]
O.city 11:06 AM 03-25-2019
A lot of NFL scouts apparently think Adderly would be better suited as a slot CB. It's not that he's not versatile, I'm just not sure he provides the same level of versatility at SAFETY that I now want.
Maybe.

Sometimes I wonder if "versatility" gets thrown around in describing a guy that isn't actually good at any one thing, but it's really bad at anything.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:07 AM 03-25-2019
Maybe.

Sometimes I wonder if "versatility" gets thrown around in describing a guy that isn't actually good at any one thing, but it's really bad at anything.
That's absolutely true in some cases. Jack of all trades, master of none.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 11:11 AM 03-25-2019
there was just one play by cgj that really stood out to me. I believe it was against michigan, he baited the qb so bad that it won him an interception.
[Reply]
O.city 11:12 AM 03-25-2019
Like has happened in the mock, the fear is that all the safeties you pass up go in the early/mid 2nd and you've got your dick in your hand.

If they want one and they can take Bradbury with 29, take those 2 2nds, trade up in the 40's and take your safety.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:30 AM 03-25-2019
Like has happened in the mock, the fear is that all the safeties you pass up go in the early/mid 2nd and you've got your dick in your hand.

If they want one and they can take Bradbury with 29, take those 2 2nds, trade up in the 40's and take your safety.
They need CBs, which with the way they are bunched (like the safeties) will probably be there at the end of the 2nd.

I'm not keen on trading up in such a deep draft.
[Reply]
O.city 11:31 AM 03-25-2019
They need CBs, which with the way they are bunched (like the safeties) will probably be there at the end of the 2nd.

I'm not keen on trading up in such a deep draft.
True, I don't really care for it either.

Just if they want a safety that bad. Hopefully the draft works out so that they don't have to.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:35 AM 03-25-2019
How bad are they wanting a FS though? Trying for ET on a great one year deal was a no brainer, but it seems a lot of the talk is on pass-rushers and Offense.
[Reply]
O.city 11:36 AM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
How bad are they wanting a FS though? Trying for ET on a great one year deal was a no brainer, but it seems a lot of the talk is on pass-rushers and Offense.
Problem with that is just how much will it cost to go up and get a pass rusher and is it really worth it if he's not an elite type guy? I know a lot of people like Ferrill (sp?) but is he worth giving up that much for?
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:04 PM 03-25-2019
I honestly think they're going to take a defensive lineman in the first.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:14 PM 03-25-2019
yeah, in all honesty, the safety group with HB, Lucas, Watts and Sorensen isn't terrible and is better than at any time last year. But an injury or two and you're in deep trouble again.

We need some depth and young talent there, but it could wait until one of the 2nd rounders.

Really; we need a DE and LB most of all. CB's and S's for depth and development.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:22 PM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
yeah, in all honesty, the safety group with HB, Lucas, Watts and Sorensen isn't terrible and is better than at any time last year. But an injury or two and you're in deep trouble again.

We need some depth and young talent there, but it could wait until one of the 2nd rounders.

Really; we need a DE and LB most of all. CB's and S's for depth and development.
We still need a starting CB or at least somebody that can compete on the outside for one of the two spots.

We have no depth at safety, Watts getting hurt is almost a given, and despite the hope Lucas gave us all last year, I'm not comfortable going into the season with him and Sorenson competing for a starting spot.

The back end of this defense is BY FAR the most important question mark on the whole team. The QB threw for 50 TDs and they led the league in sacks. At the most critical times (at New England, the AFCCG) it was the secondary that failed. Over and over again.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:35 PM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

They need to find a WR. Even if Tyreek beats the charges doesn't mean Goodell ain't gonna hammer him. That's before accounting the minimum of 6 weeks that Sammy will miss.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:26 PM 03-25-2019
We still need a starting CB or at least somebody that can compete on the outside for one of the two spots.

We have no depth at safety, Watts getting hurt is almost a given, and despite the hope Lucas gave us all last year, I'm not comfortable going into the season with him and Sorenson competing for a starting spot.

The back end of this defense is BY FAR the most important question mark on the whole team. The QB threw for 50 TDs and they led the league in sacks. At the most critical times (at New England, the AFCCG) it was the secondary that failed. Over and over again.
Sorensen is NOT a FS. He's HB's back-up.

I don't know that Watts missing time is a given. Lucas was serviceable; notice that it was Berry that got eaten alive against NE. If both go down, HB takes FS and Sorensen takes SS.

It's not ideal, but no team is 3 deep anywhere.

I'm not saying we shouldn't draft a safety, or a CB. I absolutely would, and I'd take them high. I just think that right now DE and LB are spots we have zero depth at. Kpass is your back-up DE right now, with Speaks and Okafor starting. I still like his potential and with this staff, maybe they find it, but I don't like banking on it. Right now you have Hitchens, Ragland, Wilson and O'Daniel at LB. Niemann maybe. That's pretty thin.

Breeland, Fuller, Ward is better than anything we trotted out last year.
Honey Badger, Watts/Lucas is better than anything we trotted out last year.

incrementally perhaps, but it is.

I still want another CB, S, DE, LB between now and camp either as FA or high picks.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up