ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 13
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>PFT thinks, Badger in, Berry Out
chiefforlife 09:13 PM 03-11-2019
Tyrann Mathieu’s arrival likely means Eric Berry’s exit
Posted by Mike Florio on March 11, 2019, 11:09 PM EDT
Getty Images

The Chiefs will be paying $14 million per year over three years to safety Tyrann Mathieu. They also are paying $13 million per year to safety Eric Berry. For now.

The arrival of Mathieu likely means that Berry will be gone, a development that wouldn’t surprise many due to the injuries that have plagued Berry over the past two years. Berry has played in only three games since rupturing an Achilles tendon in Week One of the 2017 season.

Already owed $2.95 million in guaranteed money for 2019, another $7.25 million of Berry’s base salary becomes fully guaranteed on March 15. Which means that, if the Chiefs will be pulling the plug on Berry’s deal, they need to do it sooner than later.

Cutting Berry without a post-June 1 designation would trigger a $14.95 million cap charge for 2019. Of that amount $8 million could be pushed to 2020 by using the post-June 1 designation.

Keeping Berry would result in a cap charge of $16.5 million, and a cash expenditure of $12.5 million. Which makes it very difficult to justify keeping him on the roster, especially with so much invested in Mathieu.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:14 PM 03-12-2019
The difference in dead money is like $12M over 3 years. There's no way they just cut him outright. They have to make him a June 1st designation.
[Reply]
Oxford 02:21 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by threebag02:
Sounds like a day at the spa for Robert Kraft
Kraftwerk
[Reply]
crayzkirk 02:21 PM 03-12-2019
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
[Reply]
xztop123 02:32 PM 03-12-2019
Does anyone know the actual cap numbers yet?
[Reply]
Jerok 03:32 PM 03-12-2019
Here I was hoping we would be able to cut him because of disability
[Reply]
GloryDayz 04:46 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Jerok:
Here I was hoping we would be able to cut him because of disability
He's pretty-much really only disabled during the season, and then mostly during practice and game time. If forced to he'll make a cameo appearance, a portion of the game, but that's only to prove that he's slow and can't keep up with other team's older veterans.

But don't mess with his Zumba workouts (that would kill a horse)!
[Reply]
OKchiefs 05:20 PM 03-12-2019
Why isn't this piece of shit gone yet?
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:28 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Why isn't this piece of shit gone yet?
I swear to God by tomorrow I better hear the word(s) "designate", "designated", or "designation".
[Reply]
Flying High D 06:32 PM 03-12-2019
Honey Badger would be confused to be on a team with a teammate that has a bump boo boo on his heel and doesn’t play because he doesn’t feel it in his Spirit.

We can’t have Honey Badger confused. All means of confusion must be removed.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:47 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Flying High D:
Honey Badger would be confused to be on a team with a teammate that has a bump boo boo on his heel and doesn’t play because he doesn’t feel it in his Spirit.

Yeah that's another thing; I don't want my new leaders on defense confused about who the top dog is, and that motherfucker ain't it.

Go sell fluff speeches in Atlanta with Peeholi and his crew of male sex toys, please.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:01 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Flying High D:

Maybe Coach will pull The Badger aside and tell him he has nothing to worry about because Haglund only shows up on rare occasions, so he won't be around enough to get in the way of The Badger taking control.

Then, if they can't dump his ass, Coach can follow-up the conversation with The Badger with giving The Badger #29 and letting Haglund know his locker has been "moved" offsite. He can tell Haglund that if he wants to move back into the locker room with the real men, he can earn it, and a shot at Sundays, by winning that shot on the practice field, then, if he earns his way back with the 1s, he can stay only as long as he produces on both the practice field and on Sundays. He can finish by saying that, from the team's perspective, Haglund day-to-day and week to week.

Knowing what Haglund has turned into, I suspect he'll be happy to take the money and not have to do anything. He's a fucking bum..
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:16 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Maybe Coach will pull The Badger aside and tell him he has nothing to worry about because Haglund only shows up on rare occasions, so he won't be around enough to get in the way of The Badger taking control.

Then, if they can't dump his ass, Coach can follow-up the conversation with The Badger with giving The Badger #29 and letting Haglund know his locker has been "moved" offsite. He can tell Haglund that if he wants to move back into the locker room with the real men, he can earn it, and a shot at Sundays, by winning that shot on the practice field, then, if he earns his way back with the 1s, he can stay only as long as he produces on both the practice field and on Sundays. He can finish by saying that, from the team's perspective, Haglund day-to-day and week to week.

Knowing what Haglund has turned into, I suspect he'll be happy to take the money and not have to do anything. He's a fucking bum..

Correct on all fronts. Designate the cunt.
[Reply]
threebag 07:16 AM 03-13-2019

[Reply]
TEX 08:15 AM 03-13-2019
Well, if the Chiefs are getting rid of Houston and Ford, I sure the hell hope that Berry is next.
[Reply]
Flying High D 08:25 AM 03-13-2019
Sure won’t be missing this.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1gAvx4W...pg&name=medium
[Reply]
Page 7 of 13
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up