ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 13
« First < 678910 111213 >
Nzoner's Game Room>PFT thinks, Badger in, Berry Out
chiefforlife 09:13 PM 03-11-2019
Tyrann Mathieu’s arrival likely means Eric Berry’s exit
Posted by Mike Florio on March 11, 2019, 11:09 PM EDT
Getty Images

The Chiefs will be paying $14 million per year over three years to safety Tyrann Mathieu. They also are paying $13 million per year to safety Eric Berry. For now.

The arrival of Mathieu likely means that Berry will be gone, a development that wouldn’t surprise many due to the injuries that have plagued Berry over the past two years. Berry has played in only three games since rupturing an Achilles tendon in Week One of the 2017 season.

Already owed $2.95 million in guaranteed money for 2019, another $7.25 million of Berry’s base salary becomes fully guaranteed on March 15. Which means that, if the Chiefs will be pulling the plug on Berry’s deal, they need to do it sooner than later.

Cutting Berry without a post-June 1 designation would trigger a $14.95 million cap charge for 2019. Of that amount $8 million could be pushed to 2020 by using the post-June 1 designation.

Keeping Berry would result in a cap charge of $16.5 million, and a cash expenditure of $12.5 million. Which makes it very difficult to justify keeping him on the roster, especially with so much invested in Mathieu.
[Reply]
Hoover 11:27 AM 04-12-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Doubt it. It's time to move on.
Agree. And he doesn't deserve a 12 MILLION dollar prove it deal from anyone, especially the Chiefs. I could see like a 2 million roll of the dice, but I think it's over.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:32 AM 04-12-2019
He's still currently unsigned, yes?
[Reply]
FAX 11:33 AM 04-12-2019
I would find myself in a state of utter astonishment if EB were to return under any circumstances.

That, my friends, is a very convoluted, complex story that did not end well. And the saddest part of all is that things never should have gotten to that point.

FAX
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:01 PM 04-12-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
I imagine he will be until he proves his foot isn't a thing anymore. He probably won't get a contract till camp.

The decision to not have surgery pretty much tells you all you need to know. And i think it was a big part of the reason he was released.

His foot thing has been a thing for YEARS. Deciding once again to not do anything about it put the team in a compromised position.

Have surgery and lets move forward, or keep doing the same thing hoping for a different result.

Chiefs were patient enough. He didn't do what he shoulda done to keep his job.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:11 PM 04-12-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I imagine he will be until he proves his foot isn't a thing anymore. He probably won't get a contract till camp.

The decision to not have surgery pretty much tells you all you need to know. And i think it was a big part of the reason he was released.

His foot thing has been a thing for YEARS. Deciding once again to not do anything about it put the team in a compromised position.

Have surgery and lets move forward, or keep doing the same thing hoping for a different result.

Chiefs were patient enough. He didn't do what he shoulda done to keep his job.
This.
[Reply]
Skyy God 12:16 PM 04-12-2019
Originally Posted by 58-4ever:
I wonder if Veach would bring EB back on the contract they offered Earl Thomas? 1 year, 12 Million. Prove that your spirit is back, or some shit...
I wouldn't offer him $3.50.
[Reply]
Skyy God 12:16 PM 04-12-2019
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Agree. And he doesn't deserve a 12 MILLION dollar prove it deal from anyone, especially the Chiefs. I could see like a 2 million roll of the dice, but I think it's over.
EB doesn't love football enough at this point to play for $2M.
[Reply]
Otter 12:38 PM 04-12-2019
I wonder if Veach would bring EB back on the contract they offered Earl Thomas? 1 year, 12 Million. Prove that your spirit is back, or some shit...
I've said 'goodbye' to EB about week 8 or 9. Please do the same.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:39 PM 04-12-2019
If he's still unsigned, that tells you all you need to know. He wasn't going to contribute SHIT to this team, and I'm glad he's gone.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:40 PM 04-12-2019
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
EB doesn't love football enough at this point to play for $2M.
But...but...the passion and drive!
[Reply]
Otter 12:41 PM 04-12-2019
It's fascinating there isn't a team out there that's wants to pay a guy millions to stand on the sidelines, look like he just crawled out from under a bridge and show up in critical games only to look like shit.

His spirit animal is the 3 toed sloth.
[Reply]
loochy 12:41 PM 04-12-2019
0 dollars. Don't waste money on someone that won't even see the field.
[Reply]
Skyy God 12:51 PM 04-12-2019
But...but...the passion and drive!
I mean, I get it from Berry's perspective. He's made $90M for 5.5 season of playing and 4 more treating for injuries and Hodgkin's.

He's not going to bust his ass for 20 cents on his usual dollar.
[Reply]
Otter 12:57 PM 04-12-2019
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
I mean, I get it from Berry's perspective. He's made $90M for 5.5 season of playing and 4 more treating for injuries and Hodgkin's.

He's not going to bust his ass for 20 cents on his usual dollar.
I totally agree. He just better understand the legacy he's leaves behind and why fans turned their backs on him. He could have handled the situation like a man. Instead he decided to take on the bitter ex-wife role.

Good riddance.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:03 PM 04-12-2019
I said in like week 3 or 4 last season that he was done playing meaningful football, and a bunch of you jumped down my ass about it.

Not super happy I was right, but it appears I was.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 13
« First < 678910 111213 >
Up