ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 20
« First < 101617181920
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Is 'Baby its Cold Outside" still part of your holiday rotation?
Deberg_1990 07:27 PM 12-03-2018
Well, is it?

DENVER — The only FM station in the Denver market exclusively playing Christmas music during the holiday season will no longer play “Baby, It’s Cold Outside.”

KOSI 101.1’s program director said that the decision was made based on listeners’ feedback.

“We are aware of the controversy regarding ‘Baby, It’s Cold Outside’ and based on feedback from our listeners we have decided to pull the song from KOSI 101.1,” said Program Director Jim Lawson in an email to FOX31.

In the song, a man is trying to convince a woman to stay with him instead of returning home, citing poor weather. The female vocalist sings, “I really can’t stay,” to which the male singer responds, “But baby, it’s cold outside.”

Other lyrics sung by the woman include: “Say, what’s in this drink?” and “I simply must go … The answer is ‘no.’”

A Cleveland station recently gained national attention when it stopped playing the song, referencing the “Me Too” movement.

Shortly this story was published, KOSI 101.1 posted a poll on its website asking whether the song should be aired.

https://kdvr.com/2018/12/03/kosi-101...ners-feedback/
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:09 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
It's not something I clamor to hear, but it's pleasant enough to enjoy in a Christmas rotation or in a concert.

It's objectively well constructed. To insist that it's empirically a shitty song is either; being too narcissistic to differentiate personal preferences from general quality, or simply hankering to perpetuate dissension.
Conservatives are defending it, therefore Al feels duty bound to oppose it

Its really that simple IMO
[Reply]
mlyonsd 12:36 PM 12-16-2018
Every time my wife hears it she sings along. And I didn't have to drug her or anything.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:44 PM 12-16-2018
I've personally never cared for it. But obviously all this liberal nonsense is ridiculous, especially considering the mounds of truly indecent shit that they do approve of.

But that still doesn't mean I want to listen to it.
[Reply]
stevieray 01:40 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
I have great taste in music..
oh the irony.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 04:20 PM 12-16-2018
I just googled and listened to it. I know I have heard the chorus, but I don't think I have actually heard the whole song before now.

However, while I was doing the search I did find a parity. This is probably the song the people who hate it heard. This is probably why some are offended....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml18b8B2f04
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:36 PM 12-16-2018
She didn't listen!

[Reply]
RunKC 10:01 AM 12-25-2018
Watching A Christmas Story. It’s going to be next. Guns, bullying, racism at the end in the Chinese restraint.

Enjoy it while it lasts.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 20
« First < 101617181920
Up