ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Uhhhhhhh Andrew Wylie held off Suh for an entire game. Why wouldn't you trade LDT?
Direckshun 04:33 PM 11-20-2018
His value couldn't possibly be higher right now, we need the cap space to retain Ford, Hill, and possibly make a free agency splash.

Teams might be wavering due to his injury, so just take a pick in 2020 conditional on his health. I bet you can get a 2nd for him.

Guys, I'm telling you, you're going to need the flexibility the LDT pick would give you to move up in the 1st round for a corner or an Allen Bailey replacement or something of that nature.

Andrew Wylie kept Mahomes clean, and has been a road grader in the run game.

I love LDT but this team needs capspace and they need it now. Why wouldn't you use the least important position on the offense to make some?
[Reply]
Buckweath 10:36 PM 11-26-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Protecting Mahomes is priority #1 for as long as he is here so there’s zero reason to trade our best pass protecting guard.
Exactly. I am hoping Veach drafts an OL with one of the picks in the first 2 rounds.

There is nothing to take for granted in regards to this OL. Veach should look to improve it as much as possible for the foreseeable future.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:39 AM 11-29-2018
Because he wouldn't bring anything back in a,deal. JFC...
[Reply]
O.city 08:50 AM 11-29-2018
I'm not drafting a LG that early. Maybe a center with one of the 2nds, but even then, meh.

This regime has shown they can find and develop OL talent.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:13 AM 11-29-2018
Voyager the Loon
[Reply]
RunKC 12:22 PM 11-29-2018
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
Exactly. I am hoping Veach drafts an OL with one of the picks in the first 2 rounds.

There is nothing to take for granted in regards to this OL. Veach should look to improve it as much as possible for the foreseeable future.
Why? I think our OL is in great shape.

Tackles: Schwartz and Fisher are both here for at least 2 more years. Cam Erving is an emergency swing tackle.

Guards: LDT is a top 10 G on a very friendly contract. Erving has looked solid aside from playing a generational DT. Wylie has been excellent as a backup and can be kept next year for cheap.

Center: Morse is probably gone, but Reiter has been a very good backup and can be kept for a cheap price next year. McKenzie is built like a C and the team is extremely high on him.

Could also keep Jeff Allen next year at a low price. He was very good here in his last season.

I don’t think we need to prioritize OL before rd 3.
[Reply]
Hoover 08:21 PM 11-29-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Why? I think our OL is in great shape.

Tackles: Schwartz and Fisher are both here for at least 2 more years. Cam Erving is an emergency swing tackle.

Guards: LDT is a top 10 G on a very friendly contract. Erving has looked solid aside from playing a generational DT. Wylie has been excellent as a backup and can be kept next year for cheap.

Center: Morse is probably gone, but Reiter has been a very good backup and can be kept for a cheap price next year. McKenzie is built like a C and the team is extremely high on him.

Could also keep Jeff Allen next year at a low price. He was very good here in his last season.

I don’t think we need to prioritize OL before rd 3.
I don't know if you need to invest one of our 1st or 2nd rounders on the Oline, but I do think you need to be looking in the middle rounds for some developmental guys.

We have Wylie cheap for a couple years, which is a luxury, but I've never heard of McKenzie being developed as a center. Which is why I think you look for an OT or Center starting in the 3rd or 4th.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 02:09 AM 11-30-2018
Suh is overrated.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:08 PM 11-30-2018
Originally Posted by Hoover:
I don't know if you need to invest one of our 1st or 2nd rounders on the Oline, but I do think you need to be looking in the middle rounds for some developmental guys.

We have Wylie cheap for a couple years, which is a luxury, but I've never heard of McKenzie being developed as a center. Which is why I think you look for an OT or Center starting in the 3rd or 4th.
I agree with everything you posted.

I wouldn’t mind a 3rd rd OL. Think our 1st and 2nd rd picks need to be on the field right away.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:10 PM 11-30-2018
I'd be looking for an OT that could be our swing tackle and take Fishers job in a couple of years.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up