ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 29
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I'm depressed
rabblerouser 03:56 PM 10-30-2018
So, I'm not really happy...on the surface things seem great, I have a decent job, Chiefs are kicking ass, I have a nice crib in the country, a couple cars, play some music on the weekends...

But I'm absolutely depressed. I miss my daughter, I miss my ex-girlfriend, Brittney...

I want to move to NY, but I have to wait for my job.

So, it seems like I'm stuck here, at least for a bit...

Not much is bringing me pleasure, I was so depressed today at work...I get weird thoughts, not like I want to hurt myself, but just...musings on the pointlessness of going to work every single day, just to pay to exist, just to really pay for the kid that I never see...

I'm actually pretty damn lonely, even in a roomful of people.

It sucks.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:34 AM 05-05-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Well, I'm no expert on spirit...not like Eric Berry.
Sage words my friend, sage words.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:37 AM 05-05-2019
You're da man rabble
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:43 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
You're da man rabble
I don't much feel like 'da man'...
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:55 PM 05-20-2019

[Reply]
Buddy Rich 07:06 AM 05-21-2019
Depression sucks. I have a wife with stage 4 cancer (3.5 years now) and it's rough for all. As crazy as this may sound, I medicated myself with magic mushrooms, tripped my balls off and changed everything:
https://reason.com/2018/10/25/fda-re...s-breakthroug/
[Reply]
DeepPurple 08:23 AM 05-21-2019
Buddy Rich's comment made me think of this

Because when you're young, you never think about your health or your future consequences of what your doing. When I was in my 20's and 30's I went to bars many many nights, that cost me my first wife. I was a chain smoker of 3 packs a day and got drunk probably five days a week.

In 2006 at age 56 my doctor said you need to quit smoking and gave me a prescription for "Chantix", five days later I quit and haven't smoked since. However, six months later I had to get a stent in my heart and that was the start.

After I got the stent I retired. I was self employed and was able to financially stop working. At age 61 I moved to Florida. Now I go to a Medicare doctor and a VA doctor, doesn't hurt to have more than one. I have a pulmonary doctor and a cancer doctor I see every six months.

I'm now 68, will be 69 July 10th. I've got Lymphoma (had 3 bumps removed in my armpit last year), I've got diabetes 2 I take medication, high blood pressure which I take medication for, I'm hypothyroid which I take a pill first thing every morning, I have a heart murmur, it's a leaky mitral valve, I have emphysema from the smoking and use 3 different inhalers, and I'm positive for TB they said probably from my service in Korea, and my feet sometimes hurt and I can't sleep which is diabetic neurophy.

With all this stuff, I don't let myself think about any of it or I would get depressed. I had to quit softball after five years before I can't run because of my lack of wind, but I do play 18 holes every Friday and go to the gym 3 days a week and lift weights and walk the treadmill for 60 minutes.

As they said in Raising Arizona, you got your health and be glad that you do, things could be a lot worse.
[Reply]
redfan 08:23 AM 05-21-2019
Move the body to motivate the mind.
[Reply]
burt 08:40 AM 05-21-2019
Originally Posted by redhed:
Move the body to motivate the mind.
Masturbate?
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:42 AM 05-21-2019
Happy pre birthday DP! That is also my father's birthday as well as a good friend's.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:49 AM 05-21-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
I met them. He's weird AF.
[Reply]
Mr. Wizard 02:36 PM 05-21-2019
Trintellix 20 mg. is my suggestion. It brings the "normal" back to your life.

godspeed
[Reply]
DeepPurple 05:24 PM 05-21-2019
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Happy pre birthday DP! That is also my father's birthday as well as a good friend's.
Thanks, it wasn't 1950 was he? I cannot find one famous person born on my day, you know a cosmic twin. The closest I found is actor Bruce McGill born July 11, 1950. He started acting as D-Day in Animal House and now he plays judges, FBI, everything.

Here's he's a judge in Runaway Jury

[Reply]
Maaxx88 05:37 AM 05-22-2019
Mike, that's a great thing, but when I need to relax after a hard day or stressful situation - I take my time in a hot tub, for 20-30 minutes, and even hard stress go away for sure...
[Reply]
Maaxx88 05:42 AM 05-22-2019
Originally Posted by :
So, I'm not really happy...on the surface things seem great, I have a decent job, Chiefs are kicking ass, I have a nice crib in the country, a couple cars, play some music on the weekends...

But I'm absolutely depressed. I miss my daughter, I miss my ex-girlfriend, Brittney...

I want to move to NY, but I have to wait for my job.

So, it seems like I'm stuck here, at least for a bit...

Not much is bringing me pleasure, I was so depressed today at work...I get weird thoughts, not like I want to hurt myself, but just...musings on the pointlessness of going to work every single day, just to pay to exist, just to really pay for the kid that I never see...

I'm actually pretty damn lonely, even in a roomful of people.

It sucks.
I'm sorry for your feelings buddy.

But how about online video conversations?

It will not replace the real feelings, but maybe heal a little bit.
[Reply]
Rausch 07:28 AM 05-22-2019
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Happy pre birthday DP!
Well, there's four words I never want to hear...
[Reply]
Page 13 of 29
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up