ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 22
« First < 111718192021 22 >
Media Center>FOX & MacFarlane's The Orville
Fire Me Boy! 06:46 AM 05-16-2017

[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:40 AM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:
I'm glad they did. This show has really changed, starting with the 2-part "Identity" episode. I thought the last half of season 2 was fantastic.
THIS! I was a big fan of Star Trek TNG back in the day. TNG really took off with mainstream popularity with the appearance of the Borg. It seems they found their sweet spot on the show.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:35 PM 07-20-2019

‘The Orville’ Moves To Hulu From Fox For Season 3 In 2020 https://t.co/KrU9xmPT5c pic.twitter.com/EbqI7Yl9cg

— Deadline Hollywood (@DEADLINE) July 20, 2019

[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:28 PM 07-20-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Disney is going to own everything? Geeezzzz

Glad to see it’s going to continue. It finally figured out what works for the series. I’ll watch season 3.
[Reply]
007 05:05 PM 07-21-2019
Just dropped Hulu. Oh well.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:30 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
NORDVPN will have record breaking subscribers in the future because of the saturation of streaming services.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:55 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
NORDVPN will have record breaking subscribers in the future because of the saturation of streaming services.
Capitalism at its worst. Individual companies make more money. The consumer pays more and benefits less.

Yeah, we are all going to have an issue with trying to watch the shows we want to watch. Every new channel wants $10-$15 and you really only want to watch one show on that channel. It's going to get worse, thats for sure. People are not going to pay $70-$100 a month to watch the 5-6 shows they really want to watch.

Eventually its going to be something like Prime when you log in you can access the majority of the channels a la cart. Can't download. Only view once. Specific time available. Charge you $20 to watch that one show but you can view it forever.
[Reply]
bowener 09:40 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Capitalism at its worst. Individual companies make more money. The consumer pays more and benefits less.

Yeah, we are all going to have an issue with trying to watch the shows we want to watch. Every new channel wants $10-$15 and you really only want to watch one show on that channel. It's going to get worse, thats for sure. People are not going to pay $70-$100 a month to watch the 5-6 shows they really want to watch.

Eventually its going to be something like Prime when you log in you can access the majority of the channels a la cart. Can't download. Only view once. Specific time available. Charge you $20 to watch that one show but you can view it forever.
I'm awaiting the inevitable rise of a third party group that will be a single subscription service for $70-100 a month that allows you access to X streaming services. It would have to be a company with a ton of money to negotiate with all the streaming services so that narrows it quite a bit. Google or Apple? They missed out on the streaming industry. Maybe Amazon finds a way since they probably host half their competitors on Amazon Cloud services.

After many years as a law abiding citizen I am prepping my home for when I take the seas as a pirate once again.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:32 PM 05-16-2022
June 2nd on Hulu!

[Reply]
Lzen 07:53 AM 05-17-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

This isn't true capitalism. Often times, only one company (provider) has the program(s) that you want to see. You either have to fork over the dough or you can't see it. It's similar to utilities in this way. But at least with things like phone providers, you usually have several options. That is true capitalism. Competition for your money.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:54 AM 05-17-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
June 2nd on Hulu!

Looking forward to it. How long has it been? 3 years?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:48 PM 07-20-2022
Iit's been damn good, though I'd like to see MacFarlane's iteration of a Jedi/Sith Lord since it shouldn't be a carbon copy of the Star Trek franchise
[Reply]
Lzen 08:07 PM 08-09-2022
Holy shit! Just finished episode 9. That was epic. Just about as good as star trek. And Charlie's sacrifice, man....
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:24 AM 08-10-2022
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Holy shit! Just finished episode 9. That was epic. Just about as good as star trek. And Charlie's sacrifice, man....
A lot of preachy stuff in most of the season, and episodes were far too long in many instances.

Episode 9 though. Outstanding.
[Reply]
Lzen 12:11 PM 08-11-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
A lot of preachy stuff in most of the season, and episodes were far too long in many instances.

Yeah, I got a vibe one way and then they would do something to make me think they are trying to push the other side of a particular view. I think they did a fairly good job of walking that tightrope.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:08 AM 08-12-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:

Originally Posted by Lzen:
Yeah, I got a vibe one way and then they would do something to make me think they are trying to push the other side of a particular view. I think they did a fairly good job of walking that tightrope.
Episode 9 kicked ass. Seriously stepped up the quality and action. Well done. :-)
[Reply]
Page 21 of 22
« First < 111718192021 22 >
Up