ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 79
« First < 34567 8910111757 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Covers you like better than the original.
BigMeatballDave 01:29 PM 09-17-2015
I don't remember if we've done this before, but if we have, bite me. :-)

Manfred Mann: Blinded by the light

Bruce Springsteen:
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 03:31 PM 09-17-2015
https://youtu.be/1NHV6NUEKNU

Shaman's Harvest- Dirty Diana
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:36 PM 09-17-2015
Originally Posted by Pestilence:

And while I'm here...I'll throw in this.

Ah yes. Forgot about Manson. Easily has some of the best covers.
[Reply]
rico 03:41 PM 09-17-2015
I like Nilsson, "Without You" better than the original, I believe it was by Badfinger. I like Nilsson's "Everybody's Talking"better than the original by Fred Neil, although I LOVE Fred Neil (his song "The Dolphins" is one of the best songs ever) and I really like his original version of Everybody's Talking."
[Reply]
Oz_Chief 03:42 PM 09-17-2015
I prefer Joe Cocker's version of The Letter, but I do enjoy The Boxtops version as well.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 03:45 PM 09-17-2015
Originally Posted by rocknrolla:
I have to say Metallica does a great job of covers they have done. "Garage Inc." is great front to back, Queen's "Stone Cold Crazy" is my favorite.
I really like their cover of Whiskey in the Jar.
[Reply]
Oz_Chief 03:47 PM 09-17-2015
I also prefer Eric Clapton's version of I Shot The Sheriff. That whole album, 461 Ocean Boulevard, is great.
[Reply]
Oz_Chief 03:51 PM 09-17-2015
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
Oh, and a point blank statement -- ANY cover of ANY Bob Dylan song sung by ANYONE ELSE, with the single exception of The Times They Are A'Changing. I hate Bob Dylan's voice. Hate, Hate, HATE. Somehow, I think it works great for that one song, but otherwise, take that nasally crap and go away.

Best cover of a Dylan song -- All Along the Watchtower, by Hendrix.
I agree about his singing for the most part, but his first album can put chills down your spine with his singing on Fixin' To Die and See That My Grave Is Kept Clean.
[Reply]
Frosty 03:52 PM 09-17-2015
Originally Posted by Oz_Chief:
I also prefer Eric Clapton's version of I Shot The Sheriff. That whole album, 461 Ocean Boulevard, is great.
One of the few on here that I agree with.
[Reply]
rico 03:52 PM 09-17-2015
Haha this topic always gets me riled up because someone always mentions Johnny Cash's "hurt" which is way, way, WAY inferior to Nine Inch Nails's version. NIN's "Hurt" >>>>>> X 1,000,000 than Johnny Cash's version.

To be fair, I am a NIN fanatic... Ugh, I like Johnny Cash, but the hype he received from "Hurt" and the slap-dick hill-rods I'd hear at the dive-bars talking about how much better his version is than the original (when they hadn't even heard NIN's) just drove me up a wall...to the point where I had a difficult time listening to other Johnny songs for a couple years.
[Reply]
Saccopoo 03:52 PM 09-17-2015

[Reply]
Rasputin 03:53 PM 09-17-2015

Guns N Roses really good at covers

[Reply]
The Franchise 03:55 PM 09-17-2015
Originally Posted by rico:
Haha this topic always gets me riled up because someone always mentions Johnny Cash's "hurt" which is way, way, WAY inferior to Nine Inch Nails's version. NIN's "Hurt" >>>>>> X 1,000,000 than Johnny Cash's version.

To be fair, I am a NIN fanatic... Ugh, I like Johnny Cash, but the hype he received from "Hurt" and the slap-dick hill-rods I'd hear at the dive-bars talking about how much better his version is than the original (when they hadn't even heard NIN's) just drove me up a wall...to the point where I had a difficult time listening to other Johnny songs for a couple years.
What gets me is the people who think that NIN covered Johnny.
[Reply]
Oz_Chief 03:55 PM 09-17-2015
I don't know if I like it more, but Jeff Beck's cover of She's A Woman always sounds great to me, especially when I've been partying. They are so different that it is difficult to compare.
[Reply]
Saccopoo 03:57 PM 09-17-2015
Personally I like this one better than Hurt and Personal Jesus:

Soundgarden original:

[Reply]
eDave 03:57 PM 09-17-2015
Originally Posted by rico:

I dig it. That's all that matters to me. Don't give a single shit if others don't.

Your friend,
David
[Reply]
Page 7 of 79
« First < 34567 8910111757 > Last »
Up