ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 94
« First < 56789 101112131959 > Last »
Media Center>HBO: True Detective
keg in kc 10:17 AM 09-09-2013
Hits in January.

Starring Matthew McConaughey & Woody Harrelson. :-)

[Reply]
aturnis 10:52 PM 01-28-2014
Do the premiers at least have potential?
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 11:38 PM 01-28-2014
Originally Posted by aturnis:
Do the premiers at least have potential?
Sorry, I was referencing it quickly and was mistaken. There is no new episode - mainly because of the "Superb Owl"

They're showing a new episode of Girls, and their new show Looking.

A little teaser:

1st: episode titles for upcoming shows.

Episode #4: “Who Goes There”

Episode #5: “The Secret Fate of All Life”

Episode #6: “Haunted Houses”

2nd: I'd advise not clicking on the spoiler tag if you like not knowing, but I will simply pass it along and let you decide- its a 1 sentence teaser about a couple of the upcoming episodes. It's not really anything that is going to be some revelation or leak a vital plot detail.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Buck 12:04 PM 01-29-2014
The Skinny black interrogation cop started out with an angry disposition towards both Cohle and Hart.

He has really lightened up to Cohle, but he's still hating Hart's guts.

Hart's interview is the week after Cohle's. So maybe Cohle was murdered and he thinks it's Hart.

All of Hart's questions are about Cohle, as all of Cohle's questions are about the 1995 case.
[Reply]
Skyy God 12:49 PM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
It's like McConaughey decided to become a good actor out of nowhere
Wrong, wrong, wrong. He's been killing it (Bernie, Magic Mike, Killer Joe, Mud) for the last couple years.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 01:34 PM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Oh god. "Ceiling" and "floor" in a media center discussion.

Someone please shoot me now.
:-)

point taken
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 01:58 PM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by Buck:
The Skinny black interrogation cop started out with an angry disposition towards both Cohle and Hart.

He has really lightened up to Cohle, but he's still hating Hart's guts.

Hart's interview is the week after Cohle's. So maybe Cohle was murdered and he thinks it's Hart.

All of Hart's questions are about Cohle, as all of Cohle's questions are about the 1995 case.
Wouldn't that be a twist if Rust ended up being a 2nd 2012 victim after his interview?

By the way, its a very old translation of the word or it's meaning, but Hart was another word for Deer .

Antlers.

Hart delineation

Originally Posted by :
The word*hart*is an old alternative word for "stag" (from*Old English*heorot, "deer" – compare with modern Dutch*hert*and Swedish/Norwegian*hjort, also "deer").Specifically, the word "hart" was used of a*red deer*stag more than five years old.

In*medieval hunting*terms, a stag in its first year was called a "calf" or "calfe", in its second a "brocket", in its third a "spayed", "spade", or "spayard", in its fourth a "staggerd" or "staggard", and in its fifth a "stag", or a "great stag".

To be a "hart" was its fully mature state. A lord would want to hunt not just any deer, but a mature stag in good condition, partly for the extra meat and fat it would carry, but also for prestige. Hence a hart could be designated "a hart of grease", (a fat stag), "a hart of ten", (a stag with ten points on its antlers) or "a royal hart" (a stag which had been hunted by a royal personage). A stag which was old enough to be hunted was called a "warrantable" stag.

The hart was a "beast of venery" representing the most prestigious form of hunting, as distinct from lesser "beasts of the chase", and "beasts of warren", the last of which were considered virtually as being vermin. The membership of these different classes varies somewhat, according to which period, and which writer, is being considered, but the red deer is always in the first class, the fox hardly being regarded at all

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:56 PM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Wrong, wrong, wrong. He's been killing it (Bernie, Magic Mike, Killer Joe, Mud) for the last couple years.
Man Card REVOKED !!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
gblowfish 04:18 PM 01-29-2014
It's a shame we have a two week wait for the next installment. This show has been very enjoyable.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 05:55 PM 01-29-2014
This is the kind of show that I prefer to "just let happen". I do like to watch them a few times to pick up on intricacies I may have missed the first time. But I stay away from other boards that speculate on what happens next.

I like the discussion here because we use spoilers most of the time and I appreciate folks abiding by that.

And this is a great series.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 06:05 PM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
This is the kind of show that I prefer to "just let happen". I do like to watch them a few times to pick up on intricacies I may have missed the first time. But I stay away from other boards that speculate on what happens next.

I like the discussion here because we use spoilers most of the time and I appreciate folks abiding by that.

And this is a great series.
Speculation is fine, but I'd be all for banning someone from the thread if they drop a bombshell spoiler and not tag it and ruin it for everyone.

I'm interested in get analysis and theory, but don't seek out info that's going to give away the story before actually watching it.
[Reply]
Buck 06:09 PM 01-29-2014
FTR, anything I posted is speculation. I hate spoilers and would never spoil anyone or look for spoilers.
[Reply]
Aries Walker 07:22 PM 01-29-2014
I'm glad to have a show I'm thoroughly fascinated by, that wasn't a book or comic series beforehand. I have very little patience with people who chirp, "Oh, wait until you see what's coming up next! You'll love it!"
[Reply]
keg in kc 08:07 PM 01-29-2014
Just wait until you see what's coming next. It's awesome!
[Reply]
Aries Walker 09:33 PM 01-29-2014
Bastard.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 10:34 AM 01-30-2014
Heh, my 15 yr old son just told me this is an Anthology series. I didn't know. Kind of disappointing.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 94
« First < 56789 101112131959 > Last »
Up