ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Vote for the THREE LEAST DESERVING HoFers on this list.
Bob Waterfield 4 22.22%
David "Deacon" Jones 1 5.56%
Elroy "Crazy Legs" Hirsch 4 22.22%
Eric Dickerson 1 5.56%
Jackie Slater 2 11.11%
Jack Youngblood 3 16.67%
Kevin Greene 3 16.67%
Kurt Warner 1 5.56%
Les Richter 2 11.11%
Marshall Faulk 3 16.67%
Merlin Olsen 2 11.11%
Norm Van Brocklin 2 11.11%
Orlando Pace 4 22.22%
Tom Fears 3 16.67%
Tom Mack 3 16.67%
All of these players are deserving of the Hall of Fame 8 44.44%
I vote for whichever Ram sang "Black Betty". 1 5.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll
Nzoner's Game Room>Least Deserving Hall of Famers: Los Angeles Rams
Rain Man 03:40 PM 05-21-2019
VOTE FOR THREE.

With all of the talk about undeserving people in the Hall of Fame, I thought it might be interesting to identify the absolute least deserving people in the Hall of Fame.

I'll do this first for players, identifying the least deserving players by team, and then we'll do a heat or two for non-players.

Poll coming in less time than it takes for the Rams to move their franchise to another city.

You can read profiles of the players here, in a very unfriendly format on the HoF site: https://www.profootballhof.com/heroe...me/franchises/

Rules note: If a team has less than 10 HoFers, I'll combine them with another team to get to that number.
[Reply]
RockChalk 03:40 PM 05-21-2019
N b4 poll
[Reply]
PutQuinnIn 04:32 PM 05-21-2019
No Lawrence Phillips?
[Reply]
Bump 04:55 PM 05-21-2019
there's a few I know nothing about, but I voted that they all deserve it. I can't say one doesn't deserve it if I know nothing about him and I recognize most of the names and I believe they are all deserving. Marshall Faulk and Kurt Warner are some of my favorite non-Chief players of all time.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 05:11 PM 05-21-2019
This pretty much gets you kicked out of the HOF:
Attached: Merlin.jpg (97.0 KB) 
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:17 PM 05-21-2019
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
This pretty much gets you kicked out of the HOF:
No one in human history has more pro bowls than this man. I bet you could win some bar bets on that fact if you show people the picture.

I've told the story before, but he was a color announcer for a while, and at one point my non-football-fan sister walked in and saw him. She shook her head and said, "Why do they think it's a good idea to have that guy from Little House on the Prairie as an announcer?"
[Reply]
Indian Chief 07:25 PM 05-21-2019
That's actually an impressive list of HoFers
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:02 PM 05-21-2019
Bob Waterfield - 8 seasons, league MVP as a rookie. Also the team's punter, kicker, and for four years he was a top defensive back. Married Jane Russell, which illustrates his star power. His star burned short but bright. He lost three seasons to WWII, though.

Deacon Jones - Coined the term "quarterback sack". Pro Football Weekly looked at game film and concluded that he had 173.5 sacks in his career, including two seasons where he had 21.5 and 22.0 sacks during 14-game seasons. Made an appearance on the Brady Bunch once.

Crazy Legs Hirsch - Had 1,495 yards in a 12-game season, averaging 124.6 yards per game, with 17 touchdowns. The touchdown record lasted until the 1980s. 12 seasons despite losing time to WWII. Came back from a skull fracture on the field in his third season.

Eric Dickerson - Pony Express. 6 seasons averaging over 100 yards per game. Over 13,000 rushing yards in his career at 4.4 ypc, all of which looked beautiful. Averaged over 100 yards in playoff games as well. All time record of 2,105 rushing yards in a season.

Jackie Slater - 20 seasons, 259 games played, 7 pro bowls. 7 running backs gained 1,000+ yards behind him.

Jack Youngblood - 14 seasons, 7 pro bowls. Generally the leading pass rusher on his team, famous for playing with a broken fibula in a Super Bowl.

Kevin Greene - 15 seasons, 160 sacks. 1990s all-decade team. 5 pro bowls. Team leader in sacks in 11 of his seasons.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:26 PM 05-21-2019
Kurt Warner - You know Kurt Warner. Bag boy at a grocery store, fast release, ringleader of the greatest show on turf. Took two teams to Super Bowls.

Les Richter - 9 seasons. Was once traded for 11 other players. Linebacker who also placekicked and played center. 8 pro bowls.

Marshall Faulk - 12 seasons with over 12,000 yards rushing and nearly 7,000 yards receiving. 4.3 ypc. 2,429 yards from scrimmage in 1999. First player in NFL history to gain 2,000 yards from scrimmage in four straight seasons

Merlin Olsen. Recurring role on Little House on the Prairie. 15 seasons, 14 pro bowls. No player in NFL history went to more pro bowls. Member of the Fearsome Foursome, one of the best defensive lines ever to take the field. One of the best defensive tackles of all time.

Norm Van Brocklin - 12 seasons, 9 pro bowls at QB. Holds the single-game passing mark of 554 yards. Three-time passing leader. Only QB to beat a Lombardi team in a championship game.

Orlando Pace - 13 seasons, 7 pro bowls. Blocked for 7 1,000 yard rushers. Protected Kurt Warner during his glory years.

Tom Fears - 9 seasons at WR, 400 receptions, which is huge for his era. 18 receptions in one game, which lasted for decades before being broken. Held the season reception record for years with 77 receptions in 1949 and 84 in 1950.

Tom Mack - 13 seasons at guard, 11 pro bowls. 184 career games without ever missing a game.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:29 PM 05-21-2019
Based on my review, the three least deserving are:

1. Elroy Hirsch. He was kind of a one-season wonder. If you look at his stats, he really only had three great seasons, with one as a huge outlier. The rest were pedestrian.

2. Jack Youngblood. I watched games in this era. He was nothing special.

3. Jackie Slater. He played a long time, but he never wowed me. He was a decent tackle. I could also easily say the same thing about Tom Mack.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:31 PM 05-21-2019
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
That's actually an impressive list of HoFers
So far, I think the Cardinals may have the strongest list from top to bottom. There was no one on their list that I would even question. But I guess it makes sense. If you play for the Cardinals, you have to be incredibly dominant to make the Hall of Fame because you're not going to get credit for any postseason stuff.
[Reply]
oldman 07:51 AM 05-22-2019
Once again, I agree with Rainman.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:18 AM 05-22-2019
Originally Posted by oldman:
Once again, I agree with Rainman.
I never understood the Jack Youngblood fanship. There were some very good defensive ends in that era, and I thought he was a middle of the pack guy. Carl Eller, Ed Jones, Lee Roy Selmon, L.C. Greenwood, etc., were playing at that time, and Youngblood was not in their league based on what I saw.
[Reply]
Up