ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>Disney announces three new Star Wars films
Hammock Parties 06:03 PM 05-07-2019
https://www.coffeewithkenobi.com/dis...dq8DRx1XFY_lqM

Originally Posted by :
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker will conclude the nine-picture saga that began with the original 1977 film, what comes next has been a mystery. Disney has dated three untitled Star Wars films, the first hint of the franchise’s big screen future. They are set for Dec. 16, 2022, Dec. 12, 2024 and Dec. 18, 2026.

While it is unclear what the new untitled Star Wars films will tackle, it is known that The Last Jedi filmmaker Rian Johnson is developing his own trilogy, while Game of Thrones showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss are penning their own trilogy.

There’s been at least one Star Wars film every year since 2015’s The Force Awakens, however Disney has indicated it would take a big-screen breather after The Rise of Skywalker, as Lucasfilm is focusing on series for the upcoming Disney+ streaming service. Projects including Jon Favreau’s The Mandalorian and an untitled Diego Luna-led Rogue One prequel.

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:21 PM 05-07-2019
:-) Rian Johnson and D&D each get their own trilogy?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:23 PM 05-07-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Good times are coming.

The further away this trilogy gets from JJ Abrams, the better.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:31 PM 05-07-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Good times are coming.

Alrighty there, KK Clay.
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:33 PM 05-07-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
That's not new news.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:34 PM 05-07-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
That's not new news.
Had it in my head it was a film each.

Stay far the fuck away from the Obi Wan trilogy. Go fuck up overrated Boba Fett.
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:35 PM 05-07-2019
I'm glad they're giving it a couple years to rest after Episode 9. 2 year release windows make more sense.

They're going to own the box office for the forseeable future, alternating between Star Wars, Marvel and Avatar. Not that they haven't already.
[Reply]
ModSocks 08:19 PM 05-07-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Good times are coming.

I remember when people were excited about JJ Abrams
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:31 PM 05-07-2019
I'm glad they're giving it a couple years to rest after Episode 9. 2 year release windows make more sense.

They're going to own the box office for the forseeable future, alternating between Star Wars, Marvel and Avatar. Not that they haven't already.
Not really. How many Star Wars series have been announced for Disney + ?
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:25 PM 05-07-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Not really. How many Star Wars series have been announced for Disney + ?
Only one I'd really put anywhere close to a movie scale project is The Mandalorian in November. There's a Cassian Andor project, but it's still a ways off.
Otherwise Clone Wars final season and the next season of Resistance is all I can think of.

Anyway, my point was that I think it'lll be good to slow the release schedule a bit. Think Solo (which I liked...) might have been better received if it didn't come out within months of The Last Jedi, and I think adding Rogue One (my favorite non-OT film...) to the mix might've helped wear the non-hardcore folks out on Star Wars by now. Lot of movies in a short period of time.

That's all...
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:51 AM 05-08-2019
Only one I'd really put anywhere close to a movie scale project is The Mandalorian in November. There's a Cassian Andor project, but it's still a ways off.
Otherwise Clone Wars final season and the next season of Resistance is all I can think of.

Anyway, my point was that I think it'lll be good to slow the release schedule a bit. Think Solo (which I liked...) might have been better received if it didn't come out within months of The Last Jedi, and I think adding Rogue One (my favorite non-OT film...) to the mix might've helped wear the non-hardcore folks out on Star Wars by now. Lot of movies in a short period of time.

That's all...

Oh I agree. Personally I think there’s been too much Star Wars. I wouldn’t mind if they took a 5 year break. But Disney will never do that.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:18 PM 05-08-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Oh I agree. Personally I think there’s been too much Star Wars. I wouldn’t mind if they took a 5 year break. But Disney will never do that.
Why? People will binge 2 seasons of a good show (and still want more), but can't handle a couple of movies in successive years? WTF?
[Reply]
Amnorix 03:21 PM 05-08-2019
After seeing how D&D are bringing GoT to a close, I'm not too optimistic that they can kill it in the Star Wars universe.
[Reply]
Up