ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Chiefs mock - 6 days out...
Chief Northman 07:48 PM 04-19-2019
I’ll be in KC draft weekend. Easter vacation with the family and meeting up with some family friends. I’ll be trying to follow the draft as best I can over the weekend, and am debating whether to attend the day 3 draft party with my son....

With the uncertainty around Tyreek Hill and rumblings of a possible Frank Clark trade, I’ve never been so uncertain as to the teams direction in this draft. Everyone is aware of the needs - how the Chiefs prioritize will be interesting. I believe the Chiefs will not sit on all the cap space they have, but will wait until after the draft to make moves. The 2020 2nd rounder from SF can be an enticing piece in a trade negotiation for an elite corner or Edge player.

Here goes:

TRADE: The board does not fall as the Chiefs want, but the Giants come calling to get one of Jones/Haskins as their QBOTF.
Chiefs trade (1) #29 to NYG for (2) #37, (4)#108, and a 2020 4th from the Giants

(2) #37 - Juan Thornhill, S, Virginia
- Thornhill is a phenomenal athlete who has the versatility to play single-high, but the physicality to succeed playing near the LOS. The courting of Earl Thomas showed the Chiefs are serious about remaking their secondary.

(2) #61 - Jaylon Ferguson, EDGE, Louisiana Tech
- While Ferguson has been knocked for poor agility drill times, there is no denying he has impressive tape and production. A strong speed to power player, Ferguson is excellent with his hands and shows a lot of effort and hustle in his play.

(2) #63 - Jace Sternberger, TE, Texas A&M
- The Chiefs need to add depth behind Travis Kelce and let alone add another pass catching threat to the offense. Sternberger is arguably the best route runner in this class, shows dependable hands, and is dangerous after the catch using his speed.

(3) #92 - Sean Bunting, Corner, Central Michigan
- Bunting has been riding as the draft process has moved along. Playing at a smaller school and deceiving stats because he is rarely targeted called for closer looks at his tape, and this guy is just a plain baller. Excellent cover skills with ballhawking ability, Bunting has the potential to be a versatile, shut-down corner. A little light weight-wise, Bunting has shown a willingness to tackle in the run game.

(4) #108 - Lamont Gaillard, Center, Georgia
- Gaillard is a great scheme fit for the Chiefs zone run scheme. Gaillard is excellent in space executing 2nd level blocks with precision. Gaillard is a gritty pass protector who mirrors effectively. He is an intelligent pivot that is praised by coaches and teammates alike.

(5) #167 - Sione Takitaki, OLB, BYU
- Takitaki is a high energy player who is an excellent blitzer and likely fits best as a SAM in a 4-3. While Takitaki is a bit of a coverage liability, he does play run gap responsibility well and can be a unique pressure player.

(6) #201 - Dexter Williams, RB, Notre Dame
- A great one-cut zone runner, Williams would be a great fit for the Chiefs offense as he can run both inside/outside zone and be an asset in the passing game. Williams flashes great acceleration in the open field and has homerun ability.

(6) #214 - Jakobi Meyers, WR, North Carolina State
- Meyers just has a knack of moving the sticks. He has excellent hands, works smartly out of the slot, but also has the size/strength to play outside and win on precision route running and an understanding of defensive coverage.

(7) #216 - Chris Slayton, DL, Syracuse
- Slayton is a tough run defender with a bit of pass rush upside. He best fits as a 3 tech who probably contributes as a rotational player early in his career.
[Reply]
Dante84 02:01 PM 04-20-2019
5 picks in the first 108 wouldn’t be terrible. If we do that, I’d expect to trade for an impact starter like Peterson, Ramsey or Frank Clark with next year’s picks.
[Reply]
Halfcan 02:07 PM 04-20-2019
I like it! This draft plugs a Lot of holes and adds much-needed depth. Nice work!
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:09 PM 04-20-2019
I don't hate it at all.

I kind of like Winovich, Zach Allen, or Omenihu better than Ferguson but other than that I like it.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:12 PM 04-20-2019
If we get Thornhill AND Sternberger I will be so happy

Well done sir
[Reply]
Chief Northman 07:43 PM 04-20-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I don't hate it at all.

I kind of like Winovich, Zach Allen, or Omenihu better than Ferguson but other than that I like it.
Chris - you were the President of the Jaylon Ferguson fan club! What happened? Sure his lateral mobility is in question, but his tape does not lie. Huge value at #61 AFAIC.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:47 PM 04-21-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Chris - you were the President of the Jaylon Ferguson fan club! What happened? Sure his lateral mobility is in question, but his tape does not lie. Huge value at #61 AFAIC.
I like him a lot. I just like some of the others better after looking at several players. I think Zach Allen is the best all-around DE in the draft. Ferguson is his equal as a pass rusher, but Allen's a better run defender. Omenihu is well rounded also. Winovich is a nice pass rush piece and played well against top competition.

I wouldn't be bummed.
i have agility concerns and level of opponent concerns is all.

Also, I like Sternberger a lot but feel like maybe WR might be more of a concern all things considered.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 10:21 PM 04-21-2019
Not another Williams at RB!!!!!! We don't even need a RB, we have 3 already.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:33 AM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Not another Williams at RB!!!!!! We don't even need a RB, we have 3 already.
late round depth/competition. If you're not getting better, you're getting worse.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:54 AM 04-22-2019
I'd be happy if it went like that, overall.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:08 AM 04-22-2019
I'm down.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:48 AM 04-22-2019
meh

Giving up that 5th year option for a couple of day 3 picks isn't worth it. Can't get behind making the top pick a safety either.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:33 PM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
meh

Giving up that 5th year option for a couple of day 3 picks isn't worth it. Can't get behind making the top pick a safety either.
It's either take a safety early or trot Sorenson or Watts out there to play single high for us. I'd be fine with the Thornhill pick.

I do agree with giving up a first and that fifth year option, though.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:03 PM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
It's either take a safety early or trot Sorenson or Watts out there to play single high for us. I'd be fine with the Thornhill pick.

I do agree with giving up a first and that fifth year option, though.
I think Jordan Lucas will be the starter with Sorensen being some guy they use for fuckery.
[Reply]
Up