ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 11
« First < 7891011
Media Center>James Gunn fired from Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3. [re-hired]
Direckshun 02:16 PM 07-20-2018
Bunch of old tweets surfaced after some conservative activist outed some of his tweets from 2009-2012 making gross pedophilia jokes. Gunn hates President Trump's guts, so he was targeted by the group.

Somebody else here can post the tweets, as I'm on my phone, but mostly it reads like mindless stupidity, but yeah -- they were totally made in public on Twitter and Gunn works (worked) for Disney now, so.

I've got mixed feelings, but it's hard to argue that Gunn didn't deserve the ax, even though it's going to hurt the quality of one of the best movie properties out there.
[Reply]
Sorry 01:45 PM 03-17-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Leftists have no moral foundation outside the destruction of their enemies.
Except wasn't it right wing extremist that got him fired in the first place?

I hate how people say "leftist" or "rights" and then proceed to have some negative connotation follow as if their side is inherently morally superior in some way
[Reply]
FAX 03:36 PM 03-17-2019
Originally Posted by Sorry:

I hate how people say "leftist" or "rights" and then proceed to have some negative connotation follow as if their side is inherently morally superior in some way
I think it was the anti-pedophilia coalition that wanted Gunn fired.

This is interesting, though. Disney lands atop the moral high ground to fire him, waits awhile, then decides the view isn't what they hoped it would be?

What message does this send to other provocateurs and NAMBLA members?

FAX
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:04 PM 03-17-2019

I'm personally of the contingent that enjoys dark humor and transgression.

But Disney/ABC, Gunn himself specifically, and a large contingent of Gunn supporters are the ones who were loudly asserting a consumer voice in the acceptability and viability of people's public expressions.

These are the exact same people who took away what Roseanne built over decades from all the experiences of her life IN SECONDS.

They built cancel culture, over MY objections, and the moment cancel culture comes for them they plead compassion.

I am by nature a live and let live, easygoing guy. But one thing I cannot stand and will not stand without complaint, is people who actively try to erase or counteract and shame my easygoing nature, then try to summon it back when they need it themselves.
[Reply]
Setsuna 06:41 PM 03-17-2019
He'll screw up again. It's just a matter of time.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:32 PM 03-17-2019

But Disney/ABC, Gunn himself specifically, and a large contingent of Gunn supporters are the ones who were loudly asserting a consumer voice in the acceptability and viability of people's public expressions.

These are the exact same people who took away what Roseanne built over decades from all the experiences of her life IN SECONDS.

They built cancel culture, over MY objections, and the moment cancel culture comes for them they plead compassion.

I am by nature a live and let live, easygoing guy. But one thing I cannot stand and will not stand without complaint, is people who actively try to erase or counteract and shame my easygoing nature, then try to summon it back when they need it themselves.
As usual, you articulate my position better than I can.

I don't give a flying feces about anyone does on their personal time. What I fucking hate is anyone jamming anything down my throat. Even if I share the same viewpoint.

I'll see GOTG3. I'll hopefully not let this fiasco affect my viewing. But I'll do what I can in my admittedly shamefully tiny circle of influence to point out the fucktardery that is the cancel culture.
[Reply]
Sorry 07:59 PM 03-17-2019

I agree with everything you said. There is def. a cancerous mentality that has eroded all aisles of personal morality and then being bipolar on what is acceptable when the shoe properly fits.

Which to double down on agreeing there’s hardcore hypocrisy at large here but isn’t eradicateing roseanne from our eyeballs and lives a good thing? I’d argue yes.
[Reply]
Rausch 12:13 AM 03-19-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
I think it was the anti-pedophilia coalition that wanted Gunn fired.

This is interesting, though. Disney lands atop the moral high ground to fire him, waits awhile, then decides the view isn't what they hoped it would be?

What message does this send to other provocateurs and NAMBLA members?

FAX
Disney has had three directors of children's shows convicted of molesting children. This doesn't count any allegations out there.

It's always the most pious people that have the most dirt to hide...
[Reply]
Rausch 12:17 AM 03-19-2019
No, it was right leaning people.

I know to many extremists just being right wing makes you an extremist but that doesn't make it true.

I don't agree with the whole "well that's what you did so now I can" philosophy in politics now. It's one thing to get fired for bad jokes.

It is a completely different matter to make children's entertainment and joke with a convicted pedophile about raping kids.
[Reply]
FAX 12:22 AM 03-19-2019
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Disney has had three directors of children's shows convicted of molesting children. This doesn't count any allegations out there.

It's always the most pious people that have the most dirt to hide...
It does seem to appear that way ...

Strange how that works. Makes you wonder ... what comes first, the self-righteousness or the perversion? It's an odd thing.

Do perverts develop a mask of piety to hide their "real" self, or is it the other way around and sanctimonious people tire of the straight life eventually and go dark?

FAX
[Reply]
Rausch 12:58 AM 03-19-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
Do perverts develop a mask of piety to hide their "real" self, or is it the other way around and sanctimonious people tire of the straight life eventually and go dark?

FAX
Yes.

I work with pedos. I've talked to them. They don't even pretend to care once they're locked up. They know what they want and what they have to do to get it.

If a guy wants booze where does he go? He goes where there's booze.
If he wants Money?
Drugs?
Kids?

It's all the same. I'm not saying all people that work with kids are bad only that pedos target jobs like teaching, coaching, religion, etc...
[Reply]
DaFace 02:12 PM 05-15-2019
Interview with Gunn here about the situation if anyone's interested.

https://deadline.com/2019/05/james-g...ws-1202610248/
[Reply]
Bump 05-15-2019, 02:43 PM
This message has been deleted by Bump.
Pitt Gorilla 02:58 PM 05-15-2019
Originally Posted by Bump:
boy, right wing extremists are against pedophilia! Right wing extremists don't sound too bad. But certainly it wasn't Gunn's statement of he "likes it when boys touch him in his silly place" and many other similar comments that got him fired. But he's back now isn't he? Now everyone can be entertained by a pedophile again and all is good in your world.
:-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:00 AM 05-16-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Interview with Gunn here about the situation if anyone's interested.

https://deadline.com/2019/05/james-g...ws-1202610248/
This is the last GOTG, correct?
[Reply]
Rausch 09:57 AM 05-16-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
This is the last GOTG, correct?
For now, yes. I heard rumors though that it might become their default space adventure series with different characters and casts as time goes on...
[Reply]
Page 11 of 11
« First < 7891011
Up