ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 14
« First < 41011121314
Nzoner's Game Room>Damn, Deontay Wilder.
In58men 11:43 PM 03-15-2014
Knocked his opponent out in the first round just now.

31-0

31 KO's

18 wins coming from the 1st round. Unbelievable.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:44 PM 02-23-2020
Fury is just the best pure boxer in the heavyweight class today. By a lot. And Wilder isn't a boxer. Wilder got taken to school, period.
[Reply]
Three7s 07:22 PM 02-23-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Fury is just the best pure boxer in the heavyweight class today. By a lot. And Wilder isn't a boxer. Wilder got taken to school, period.
I watched the first fight and compared how Wilder did compared to the fight last night. The first fight, he wasn't nearly as cautious and was more willing to fight Fury head on, whereas he just kept backing away from him and into the corner over and over with zero resistance.

I didn't see the whole fight last night, but from what I did watch, that's what I noticed and it was a very stark contrast compared to the first fight. Wilder just didn't look like himself from the first fight.
[Reply]
ghak99 08:44 PM 02-23-2020
Didn't watch the fight. Did he really lick blood off Wilder?
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 08:48 PM 02-23-2020
Originally Posted by ghak99:
Didn't watch the fight. Did he really lick blood off Wilder?

[Reply]
jjjayb 09:02 PM 02-23-2020
I re-watched this today. I don't think the punch that knocked Wilder down the first time was the one that busted his eardrum. I think it was a punch shortly after that with 17 seconds left to go in the round. He takes one directly on that ear and you can really see his legs start betraying him after that shot.

Fury came in with a great game plan and followed it well. He did a great job of using the weight advantage by bullying Wilder when they got close. Leaned on him and wore him down. He also used his jabs very well. Some of them had great snap and he threw it multiple times in a row at times. Varied them enough to keep Wilder guessing.

I think Wilder putting on the extra weight also hurt him. His power and knock outs come from his speed, not his weight. Aside from dealing with equilibrium issues, he looked just plain wore out. Taking all those shots and getting leaned on when not taking shots will do that to you. Wilder's a great "fighter", he just got beat by a better "boxer" last night.

Enjoyable fight to watch. I don't think Wilder will win if they rematch, but then again, with that sledgehammer of a punch he has you never know.
[Reply]
candyman 09:02 PM 02-23-2020
I dont think his tongue actually touched him
[Reply]
jjjayb 02-23-2020, 09:24 PM
This message has been deleted by jjjayb.
FAX 11:32 PM 02-23-2020
Fury fought with strategery. When a giant dude fights with strategery and breaks your eraser clean off in the early rounds by closing and eliminating your power, you don't stand a chance.

IMHO, the most impressive punch in the fight (of the dozens of power punches that Fury landed) was the kidney shot that sent Wilder to the canvas.

I mean ... damn.

FAX
[Reply]
TEX 03:25 PM 02-24-2020
Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell:
NEVER put too much into...ONE....of anything, especially sports. Who won the first Diaz vs McGregor MMA bout, who won the second? Ali vs Frazier, Schmeling vs Joe Louis and on and on......

Look at how much better Fury looked in this fight, so what does that tell you? Don't judge him by his last fight well it works for Wilder also.

I can see the Fury fans want no part of reality so......see ya!!!!!!!!!!
I get what you're saying, but if you objectively go back and watch their 1st fight, a case can easily be made that Fury should have won it. Watch the 2nd one, and there is no doubt about who won. Not sure your point is as valid in this case as it is in other situations.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:23 PM 12-23-2023
Anyone got a stream for the Day of Wreckoning? Anthony Joshua vs Wallin and then Wilder vs Parker?
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 02:26 PM 12-23-2023
Get your ad blockers running.

https://sportsurge.club/stream/antho...live-streaming
[Reply]
BWillie 02:30 PM 12-23-2023

Wilders last fight has been some time ago but it was a devastating 1st round KO with just a snap of the right hand
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 03:01 PM 12-23-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Correct, he's a puncher but his talent is undeniable. I respect the guy but didn't appreciate him being a poor sport after the fight with Fury.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 14
« First < 41011121314
Up