ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 94 of 94
« First < 44849091929394
Media Center>HBO: True Detective
keg in kc 10:17 AM 09-09-2013
Hits in January.

Starring Matthew McConaughey & Woody Harrelson. :-)

[Reply]
On The Road Chief 03:18 PM 02-20-2024
To this day I adore the first season but after the second I tapped out. I heard the third rebounded nicely but the fourth is mixed to out and out bad?
[Reply]
blake5676 03:26 PM 02-20-2024
Originally Posted by On The Road Chief:
To this day I adore the first season but after the second I tapped out. I heard the third rebounded nicely but the fourth is mixed to out and out bad?
First season is untouchable. I thought the third season was well done, albeit somewhat slow at times. But the acting and characters were great and I'd say it's more than worth the watch. It's not in the same ballpark as the first but it's still quite good IMO.

I personally couldn't make it through the second season. Gave up and just never revisited. And this most recent was just OK. Don't think I'd watch it again, but it was entertaining enough. I didn't think the characters OR acting was on par with the 1st or 3rd.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:39 AM 02-21-2024
Like most here I also think season 1 was one of the best shows on TV, ever. Season 2 was for shit. Nice rebound in season 3. This season lost its way in those middle episodes but finished nicely.

I think what separated this show from others is the quality of the acting. There was some miscasts in this show. Could have been better with better actors.
[Reply]
Jamie 04:30 PM 02-24-2024
I think the ending would have been more believable if they stopped at "a ghost did it."
[Reply]
BWillie 05:11 PM 02-24-2024
Originally Posted by Jamie:
I think the ending would have been more believable if they stopped at "a ghost did it."
Don't know how. Ghosts arent real.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:32 PM 02-24-2024
They somehow aged Clarice into Barney Fife and packaged it as HBO

Total miss for me
[Reply]
Jamie 11:06 PM 02-24-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Don't know how. Ghosts arent real.
thatsthejoke.png

But seriously, speaking in terms of a fictional world, ghosts being real is less of a leap than the series of preposterous events the show is asking us to accept.
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:26 AM 02-28-2024
Yeah I watched all of it and to be honest, it kinda sucked. C- at best.
[Reply]
DJay23 09:52 AM 02-28-2024
GF and I were bored by it until the last episode, but were still intrigued and driven by the promise season 1 is still delivering on.

I think the next season I'll wait for someone I trust to tell me whether or not it's worth my time.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 10:10 AM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by DJay23:
GF and I were bored by it until the last episode, but were still intrigued and driven by the promise season 1 is still delivering on.

I think the next season I'll wait for someone I trust to tell me whether or not it's worth my time.
Yeah this is the way to go. All of you watching this car wreck pumped the numbers so high that a fifth season was greenlit with the same show runners.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 12:58 PM 02-28-2024
What was the deal with the blind polar bear and boomerang oranges?
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 02:06 PM 02-29-2024
I think a lot of the disconnect about this season is about the "not real" things the characters are observing. Part of the story is the perpetual night above the arctic circle - and how people's minds start playing tricks on themselves. Loosening their grip on reality. We see some of those things with them - but that doesn't mean they are real.
[Reply]
Fish 03:01 PM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois:
I think a lot of the disconnect about this season is about the "not real" things the characters are observing. Part of the story is the perpetual night above the arctic circle - and how people's minds start playing tricks on themselves. Loosening their grip on reality. We see some of those things with them - but that doesn't mean they are real.
Booooooooring....
[Reply]
Page 94 of 94
« First < 44849091929394
Up