ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 13
« First < 3910111213
Media Center>AVATAR 2
KC_Connection 04:57 PM 01-02-2023
I've cried at plenty of movies. Also seems to happen more often the older I get. Now Avatar 2 wasn't one of them, but I get it. That one scene with his son was a tough one.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:29 PM 01-02-2023
Originally Posted by Holladay:
News flash, ALL movies are fake. But to a 10 yro kid watching Old Yeller, that pulls the heart strings. Not a grown as man.

Well duh. That was my point. All movies are fake, but I'm not going to shame anyone for crying during a scene that is specifically designed to make people cry.

Do men stop having feelings when they turn 18 or something? You start getting bills sent to your house and all emotions go out the window?

Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I've cried at plenty of movies. Also seems to happen more often the older I get. Now Avatar 2 wasn't one of them, but I get it. That one scene with his son was a tough one.

Only movie I've ever actually cried from was Titanic. I was probably about 9 or 10 when I saw it in theaters. The scene at the end where they finally go back on the lifeboats to search for survivors, they're wading through all of the frozen bodies and they come across a young woman holding her infant. That got your boy. The tears started flowing.

But I don't begrudge any man who would cry during movies.

And agreed on getting more emotional as I get older. Not sure what's up with that but I've definitely come a lot closer to crying while watching movies lately than I ever did back in my teenage years.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:15 PM 01-02-2023
I only cried during Rudy. That little bastard tried so hard.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:36 PM 01-02-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I only cried during Rudy. That little bastard tried so hard.
i cried during the scene where torches were being lit o'er the mountaintops in return of the king

this movie ruined me :-)
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:39 PM 01-02-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
i cried during the scene where torches were being lit o'er the mountaintops in return of the king

this movie ruined me :-)
How about "you bow to no one?"

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:58 PM 01-03-2023

i was blind the last 30 minutes of that movie

big ragged, heaving gasps when the credits rolled and annie lennox started singing, i felt, directly to me

[Reply]
Frazod 09:43 PM 01-03-2023

This is where the movie should have ended. Everyone bows, the music swells, the credits roll. Instead, it dragged on for another interminable, meaningless 30+ minutes, and I had to piss really, really bad. :-) Turns out I could have just peed and left and missed nothing of importance.

That and those stupid tree things were the only real problems I had with LOTR.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:50 PM 01-03-2023
Originally Posted by Frazod:
This is where the movie should have ended. Everyone bows, the music swells, the credits roll. Instead, it dragged on for another interminable, meaningless 30+ minutes, and I had to piss really, really bad. :-) Turns out I could have just peed and left and missed nothing of importance.

That and those stupid tree things were the only real problems I had with LOTR.
I made it half an hour into that movie and I had to turn it off. Kudos to them, 15 more minutes than I could take during Harry Potter which somehow was worse.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:48 PM 01-02-2023
It was the Charge of the Pelennor Fields for me.

[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 08:51 AM 01-06-2023
I listened to a review and they brought up a good point, including Spider was just like Cameron showing off. Spider is a human in a CGI movie but it looks totally natural. Pandora looks like a real place and having an actual human actor in there doesn't look weird at all.

I need to go see it again
[Reply]
Pants 12:37 AM 01-10-2023
We are getting 3, 4, and 5, boys!
[Reply]
Molitoth 07:44 PM 01-11-2023
Just saw in it IMAX 3D and it blew my mind. (It was my first IMAX 3D experience).
The visuals were amazing, and I was totally immersed.
Didn't care to even look for holes in the plot... I just enjoyed this one.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 10:46 AM 01-11-2023
Three more over hyped movies
[Reply]
BWillie 02:46 AM 04-02-2023
Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut:
Three more over hyped movies
Yeah yeah yeah. Avatar is so bad. Only 6 movies ever have reached 2 billion revenue. Avatar 2 is one of them.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 13
« First < 3910111213
Up