ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 27
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Hall of Classics>WHO STOLE MY BRILLIANT ATTEMPT AT HUMOUR AND WHY?
Mr. Laz 01:45 PM 07-06-2005
:-)
[Reply]
penchief 05:32 PM 07-15-2005
Originally Posted by 4th and Long:
pen, please, go have a beer (or 6) and settle down. Seriously.
4th, I'm not upset. I just find it amazing that there isn't one person who understands whe principle that I'm trying to defend.

I realize that the intitial act was not intended to be harmful, but to listen to everyone beligerently defend the act as opposed to defending the principle is confounding to me.

I feel compelled to convince, but by no means, don't take that to mean that I am still pissed.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:33 PM 07-15-2005
Originally Posted by penchief:
Okay then. Ban all stupid threads. If that happened I'd have to say that you, along with me, would find themselves banned.

The bottom line is that this particular mod made a mistake. Nobody's words should be altered. A thread should be deleted before it should be changed to reflect something different than the thread starter intended.

Again, again, again, and again......this particular instance is of minimal signifigance, but it is the principle that is VERY important, IMO.

I don't think anybody else on this board would want the wording of their ideas changed for any reason, regardless of the topic.
It's not that you made a stupid thread. You made a stupid thread that is a near-copy of the other similar stupid threads on the board today. WE HAVE TOO MANY.
[Reply]
HemiEd 05:35 PM 07-15-2005
Originally Posted by gochiefs:
Your lessons taught have come back to haunt you oh wise one? Seriously, I appreciated the help, thanks.
[Reply]
Fairplay 05:38 PM 07-15-2005
The title of this thread "WHO STOLE MY RUBBER PENIS AND WHY?" made
me laugh. Thats classic, this thread might be destined for the the Hall of Fame archives.
[Reply]
HemiEd 05:39 PM 07-15-2005
It's not that you made a stupid thread. You made a stupid thread that is a near-copy of the other similar stupid threads on the board today. WE HAVE TOO MANY.

You are correct, the board did get a little out of control today. It was a mess and they tried to clean it up. We needed the room for the piss, poop and fluid swapping threads. :-)
[Reply]
penchief 05:39 PM 07-15-2005
Then why weren't all the stupid threads pertaining to this topic merged instead of just mine and shitsmacks, or whoever started the TY LAW HATES....thread?
[Reply]
Rausch 05:41 PM 07-15-2005
Then why weren't all the stupid threads pertaining to this topic merged instead of just mine and shitsmacks, or whoever started the TY LAW HATES....thread?
Because then it would have been boring. Obviously whatever mod did this was genius enough to know that it'd throw a lizard down your dress and send you into an arm-flailing tissy.

Which it did.

Making the the thread a possible classic instead of condensed spam...
[Reply]
4th and Long 05:41 PM 07-15-2005
There's really only one thing left for me to do on this thread.

[Reply]
HemiEd 05:43 PM 07-15-2005
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
None of those other threads were still on the first page. Only threads on the first page were merged, the others were already dead.

And all of the mods here, myself included, have been consistent on SPAM threads.

Get over it.

you may have missed this
[Reply]
penchief 05:56 PM 07-15-2005
Originally Posted by The Bad Guy:
Your words were switched? You made a freaking parody thread for christ sakes. It wasn't like you were saying anything insightful.

A parody thread you made was turned into another parody thread.

Build a bridge, get over it.
I'm over it. The point now is to debate the intent of the person who changed the wording of a thread title that he didn't start. If it were an innocent merging of threads, not only would ALL of the parody threads (instead of just the two) been merged but whoever did it would not have applied a thread title to a thread that was incongruent with that title.

Who started the thread titled, "TY LAW HATES PARODY THREADS?"

I'd be interested to know. Since it looks like I did, I guess we'll never know unless that person admits it or someone else remembers.
[Reply]
chiefs4me 06:00 PM 07-15-2005
Originally Posted by Donger:
What can I say? chiefs4me brings out my warm and fuzzy side.

[Reply]
David. 06:09 PM 07-15-2005
haha, this is the best thread title change ever.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:13 PM 07-15-2005
Second, if the mod is going to change the title of somebody's thread to the title of his own thread or the title of another thread starter's thread, maybe he should attribute the title of that thread to himself or the person who's title is heading that thread, not another person who's thread had nothing to do with that thread title.
The title's were ABSOLUTELY related. All of it was unnecessary spam.
[Reply]
penchief 06:14 PM 07-15-2005
Then condense them all.....even condense them all under shitsmack's thread title....... but don't condense them all under shitsmack's thread title and attribute them to me as the thread starter.

Understand?
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:15 PM 07-15-2005
No, it appears that mine was the only one that was merged and it looks like it was merged with either the mod's own thread or the thread of someone that he happened to agree with.

As anyone knows, any of those other half-dozen threads will immediately appear on the first page as soon as somebody responds to them.

Look, I don't take my self TOO seriously. But, I'll confess that there are prinicples that I feel very strongly about. For someone to alter another's words or intentions and then basically hem and haw about it like it was totally innocent when their explanation appears to be full of shit...well, that doesn't cut it either.
Look, I joked with you. Then I politely explained it.

Now, I'm done with that.

I MERGED SIX ****ING THREADS MORON. They were the ones that happened to be on the front page.

Are you a mod? Do you know how long that takes, or what that does to performance on the server while the database catches up?

SHUT THE **** UP.

Seriously.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 27
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up