ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Should we extend one of our own?
Chief Roundup 03:30 PM 03-23-2024
Ok, so we have roughly $27 Million in cap space. For easy figures sake we will just take $7 million for draft class and such off the top, leaving us with $20 Million to do something with.
With that part of that $20 Million in cap space should we go ahead and extend Humphrey, Bolton, or Smith?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 05:26 PM 03-23-2024
I am torn on Creed. He is awesome and I would love to have him but he will be expensive and we have been able to draft the C position fairly well.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:30 PM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
I am torn on Creed. He is awesome and I would love to have him but he will be expensive and we have been able to draft the C position fairly well.
Actually , yes , you're right. Love Creed but he is replaceable. Just like Mitch Morse was.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 05:33 PM 03-23-2024
I'm out on Tannehill. I'd rather have Carson wentz over Tannehill.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 02:57 PM 03-24-2024
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
With Guards getting paid this FA season, Creed could be a very effective guard at a discount, especially with his snap issues.
[Reply]
Sofa King 03:05 PM 03-24-2024
Creed had a hand injury, that's why the snaps were the way they were
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:10 PM 03-24-2024
Originally Posted by Kman34:
I wouldn’t extend Creed until he figures out how to snap the ball at Patrick’s waist instead of his shoe tops…
This! Love me some creed but it happens way too often. He doesn’t roll that back to Mahomes, it’s a TD to Rice and we win the SB without overtime.
[Reply]
loochy 03:47 PM 03-24-2024
Nah, trade them all for 2025 4th rounders
[Reply]
BWillie 04:57 PM 03-24-2024
If we didnt extend Sneed or even let him play the year on the tag so we can extend Creed Im gonna lose it
[Reply]
Bump 05:28 PM 03-24-2024
we've really only extended Mahomes, Jones and Kelce. It's not the Veach way
[Reply]
Bump 05:28 PM 03-24-2024
But I fully expect them to extend McDuffie, that dude is something special and that's what it takes to get an extension in KC.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:44 PM 03-24-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
If we didnt extend Sneed or even let him play the year on the tag so we can extend Creed Im gonna lose it
He had a hand injury going on. Was brought to light yesterday.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:46 PM 03-24-2024
We should and will.

I expect Creed, Bolton, and Butker to get deals this offseason.

While I hope we can keep Justin Reid beyond this year, they will not extend him yet. It’s because the safety market is so down that I don’t think he can get his $14m per year salary even on the open market now. But he is very unlikely to accept any less than that this offseason since it’s his current salary. And then if he takes a step back or Conner gets better, you may just move on.
[Reply]
Hoover 05:59 PM 03-24-2024
I'd sign Creed because he's going to be cheaper than Tre Smith, which is nuts to me.

If you found yourself in the draft with a good center available you take him and slide Creed to guard. I'd wait on doing anything with Bolton, love the player but not at the price people are talking. All that said, if I'm Veach I'm drafting a guard and LB in this draft.
[Reply]
RunKC 06:46 PM 03-24-2024
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
We should and will.

I expect Creed, Bolton, and Butker to get deals this offseason.

While I hope we can keep Justin Reid beyond this year, they will not extend him yet. It’s because the safety market is so down that I don’t think he can get his $14m per year salary even on the open market now. But he is very unlikely to accept any less than that this offseason since it’s his current salary. And then if he takes a step back or Conner gets better, you may just move on.
Don’t think they’ll take any more money that way. Karlaftis, Bolton, McDuffie are the future leaders on defense. Lot of money will go into those 3 from 2027-2029
[Reply]
Nickhead 06:58 PM 03-24-2024
Originally Posted by Kman34:
I wouldn’t extend Creed until he figures out how to snap the ball at Patrick’s waist instead of his shoe tops…
And without crossing the neutral zone with his head every play as the ball is snapped.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up