ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Should we extend one of our own?
Chief Roundup 03:30 PM 03-23-2024
Ok, so we have roughly $27 Million in cap space. For easy figures sake we will just take $7 million for draft class and such off the top, leaving us with $20 Million to do something with.
With that part of that $20 Million in cap space should we go ahead and extend Humphrey, Bolton, or Smith?
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:32 PM 03-23-2024
I say Bolton and Reid
[Reply]
Nightfyre 03:45 PM 03-23-2024
Probably 5-7M on Donovan Smith or Veteran Tackle
Probably 5M on a backup QB - I propose Tannehill
Probably 5-6M on DE Mike Danna

That's 15-18M and would leave us with 9-12M for the rookie class and cap flexibility throughout the year (although, if Omenihu goes on PUP, doesn't that give us more space for flexibility?)
[Reply]
LoneWolf 03:56 PM 03-23-2024
Sign Donovan Smith. Sign Justin Simmons. Extend Humphrey.

Take BPA in draft.

Win the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:01 PM 03-23-2024
Extending Reid could probably actually get you a little extra cap room, or at least be cap neutral. If they don't, I think it probably speaks to the team figuring on replacing him down the road.
[Reply]
Hoover 04:06 PM 03-23-2024
No, unless it saves us money.

I'm not extending anyone just to extend them. A lot can happen in a year.
[Reply]
Kman34 04:08 PM 03-23-2024
I wouldn’t extend Creed until he figures out how to snap the ball at Patrick’s waist instead of his shoe tops…
[Reply]
frozenchief 04:25 PM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Ok, so we have roughly $27 Million in cap space. For easy figures sake we will just take $7 million for draft class and such off the top, leaving us with $20 Million to do something with.
With that part of that $20 Million in cap space should we go ahead and extend Humphrey, Bolton, or Smith?
Definitely Humphrey. I don’t know when we can. He’s a second rounder so maybe we can’t extend until later. It we definitely need to extend him and Smith and Bolton if at all possible.
[Reply]
Basileus777 04:58 PM 03-23-2024
Other than Bolton I'm not sure who the team would want to extend. Creed and Trey Smith are going to be too expensive.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:06 PM 03-23-2024
i would wait to extend Justin Reid, tbh. He's 27 (or going to be soon) for one thing. He's never been particularly good in coverage, and that fact probably will be more exposed in 2024 without Sneed out there to help camouflage that shortcoming. Now, if he shows that he can be better in coverage this coming season, then maybe extend him.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:13 PM 03-23-2024
Yeah, I'm all for bringing back the OL that won us a Superbowl and especially Bolton. Having a solid group of LB's has been a key to our success.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 05:17 PM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Extending Reid could probably actually get you a little extra cap room, or at least be cap neutral. If they don't, I think it probably speaks to the team figuring on replacing him down the road.
Yea, it looked pretty cap neutral when I was messing with it in OTC. But he is 28 now, so they may age him out - not sure where they sit with Safeties, specifically.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 05:23 PM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by Hoover:
No, unless it saves us money.

I'm not extending anyone just to extend them. A lot can happen in a year.
We would not do it just because we can. :-) We would do it because every position gets a little more expensive the next year. Plus players might and usually take a little less if they are signed a year early. It also leaves us not in a situation where we have 3 stars and one tag.
[Reply]
wheeler08 05:24 PM 03-23-2024
I didn't think about Tannehill. That's a good idea
[Reply]
Bump 05:25 PM 03-23-2024
Tannehill would definitely be the backup of choice for me too. Unless Giga Chad Henne wants to come out of retirement.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up