ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 57
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sneed traded to Titans
RunKC 08:53 PM 03-22-2024

Trade: Chiefs are finalizing a deal to send franchise CB L’Jarius Snead to the Titans, per league sources.

Chiefs are expected to receive a 2025 3rd-round pick, in addition to a 2024 7th-round pick flop, while Snead will sign a new contract. Trade is pending physical for Sneed. pic.twitter.com/GWjyKAgxZq

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2024

[Reply]
Monticore 09:29 PM 03-22-2024
He was a 4th round pick we used him to win 2 SB and got a 3rd and 7 pick for an older injured DB and don’t have to pay him This isn’t Jeudy/Fields/Trey lance situation you guys are making out to be.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:29 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
LJarius Sneed at 19 million AAV is a much, much, much better use of cap than paying any of those guys market value, especially since Carolina went and fucked the IOL market.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 09:29 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Guys, they chose Jones.

It was always really unlikely they'd pay BOTH of them.

Terrible trade? Veach got fleeced? Man, the market is what the market is. He can't force someone to give KC a high pick AND pay that salary. You take the deal you can get when you've decided to pay Jones.

It frees up some cash, and although so many want to cry that all that are left is scrubs, guys we picked up on the cheap are a big reason we won the Super Bowl just a few months ago. We won because of DEPTH. We weathered injuries better than everyone else because of it.

It is what it is. Let's get on with it, and win the damned thing again.
"the market is what the market is" LOL that was stupid Meck. Downvoted.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 09:30 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Guys, they chose Jones.

It was always really unlikely they'd pay BOTH of them.

Terrible trade? Veach got fleeced? Man, the market is what the market is. He can't force someone to give KC a high pick AND pay that salary. You take the deal you can get when you've decided to pay Jones.

It frees up some cash, and although so many want to cry that all that are left is scrubs, guys we picked up on the cheap are a big reason we won the Super Bowl just a few months ago. We won because of DEPTH. We weathered injuries better than everyone else because of it.

It is what it is. Let's get on with it, and win the damned thing again.
I'm usually the optimist, but why wouldn't they have him play on the Tag if there wasn't any immediate compensation this year? Unless there is more to this story or more moves coming, it's just an odd decision.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 09:31 PM 03-22-2024
geez, swap of 7ths. Almost insulting

Good for him. Hopefully he does well with the money for his future
[Reply]
Monticore 09:31 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Yeah but they could have had that 2 weeks ago and used it at the start of FA.
Maybe he had worse offers then.
[Reply]
In58men 09:31 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
I'm usually the optimist, but why wouldn't they have him play on the Tag if there wasn't any immediate compensation this year? Unless there is more to this story or more moves coming, it's just an odd decision.
Sounds like his knee might not be in the best condition.
[Reply]
Urc Burry 09:31 PM 03-22-2024
Assuming this is pretty much a clone of the Jaylon Johnson contract.. I would have just given him that. It’s really not that bad..

Without knowing how bad his knee really is obviously
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:32 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Maybe the Chiefs know the knee could be an issue going forward.

Maybe Sneed told the Chiefs he wouldn’t play on the tag to force a trade?

And the list of possibilities could go on and on. Veach isn’t an idiot. If this was the best deal for the Chiefs….. in Veach we trust.
Veach has made several miscalculations in his time here.

He's been excellent but by no means infallible.

This was a mistake. If this was all you could get, keep him. And if you were unwilling to keep him, don't tag him and lock up your cap space for the first two weeks of FA.

And teams/agents also have memories. Good luck running this bluff next year, Brett...

This was just bad. He got this wrong.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:32 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
"the market is what the market is" LOL that was stupid Meck. Downvoted.
No, Clay, it's not. It is what it is.

They weren't going to pay Sneed $19m.
[Reply]
Shaid 09:32 PM 03-22-2024
I think the only reason you do this is if you need to use the money, probably on a LT.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:33 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
Maybe they think something is better than nothing? I dunno maybe the team doctor thinks his knee is a timebomb that will explode at anytime so they got what they could.

You dont wanna pay 19 mill and have him blow a knee 4 games in then you're stuck holding that bag.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 09:33 PM 03-22-2024
Sneed got less then Carlton Davis. I mean wtf am I dreaming
[Reply]
bigjosh 09:33 PM 03-22-2024
Hold up, it’s not even this year’s fucking third?

This trade is gay af

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Mecca 09:34 PM 03-22-2024
If Sneed knows his knee is that bad he'd likely refuse to play on the tag.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 57
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up