View Poll Results: How would you feel?
Happy 17 29.82%
Indifferent 9 15.79%
Underwhelmed 25 43.86%
Pissed 6 10.53%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>How would you feel about Ladd McConkey at 32?
staylor26 11:14 AM 03-05-2024
Might be one of the more polarizing prospects I can remember on CP.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:19 AM 03-05-2024
Havent watched him enough to have a solid take. But in general, i'd rather go BPA than over drat a guy who mostly belongs in a pool of day 2 guys.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:23 AM 03-05-2024
And to be clear, i do like the kid. I think he's a good player. It just further reinforces my thought that they aren't going WR day 1.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 11:35 AM 03-05-2024
He's not a #1. Too much combine hype.

[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 11:38 AM 03-05-2024
Thank you. No.
[Reply]
Icon 11:52 AM 03-05-2024
I like McConkey because I think he's a great fit for our offense and I think he is a very safe pick with a high floor. McConkey has experience playing outside and in the slot. He runs crisp routes and seems to get good separation. He's good at finding holes in zone defenses and he doesn't just quit when the play breaks down. Also he has very reliable hands. These are traits our current WRs lack.

He's never going to be a #1 receiver because he lacks elite physical traits. I've never thought of him as a first round pick but, picking at 32, most players left on the board will have second round grades.

AD Mitchell has elite traits but never produced as a #1, is not a great route runner and quits when routes are covered.

Xavier Worthy has elite traits. Clearly he fast, quick, runs good routes and has good hands (when healthy) The question on him is how frail he is. Can he last a full season?

Troy Franklin doesn't possess any elite traits. Very poor contested catch percentage and is quite skinny.

Unless one of the truly elite WRs falls to us (or we trade up), we're looking at the next tier of WRs who should all have second round grades.

In summary, I would be fine with Ladd at 32 but I'm hoping we get lucky one of the elite WRs falls, we trade up or trade down (but not too far).
[Reply]
wachashi 11:54 AM 03-05-2024
Cautiously optimistic.

There are some prospects I'd rather have if they're available at 32 (Guyton, Worthy, Netwon), but McConkey is a high-floor, immediate contributor type. He could be a solid WR2 on day one.

He's not a gamebreaker type that's going to dominate with explosive plays, so I understand the sentiment that he's not a super exciting pick.
[Reply]
Womble 12:01 PM 03-05-2024
I would shake my head and say "for fuck sake".

I think he'll be another Skyy Moore but obviously hope I'm wrong if we draft him.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:27 PM 03-05-2024
Combine creation
[Reply]
staylor26 12:35 PM 03-05-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Combine creation
Nonsense, and that's coming from somebody that voted "underwhelmed".
[Reply]
RunKC 12:38 PM 03-05-2024
Checks every box. Showed it on tape, at the senior bowl and combine.

He’s gonna be really good
[Reply]
farmerchief 12:42 PM 03-05-2024
If he can break press converage at the line, get open, and catch the ball consistantly, Im all in. From what Ive read about him, he checks those boxes, plus has speed to go with it.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:51 PM 03-05-2024
Originally Posted by Womble:
I would shake my head and say "for **** sake".

I think he'll be another Skyy Moore but obviously hope I'm wrong if we draft him.
No, he's what Moore was supposed to be. But Moore couldn't translate to the higher competition level. McConkey has been playing against future NFL talent and producing. I think there's little chance he fails, but he's probably not going to be a star.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:52 PM 03-05-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
No, he's what Moore was supposed to be. But Moore couldn't translate to the higher competition level. McConkey has been playing against future NFL talent and producing. I think there's little chance he fails, but he's probably not going to be a star.
Exactly. Perfectly said.
[Reply]
kccrow 01:20 PM 03-05-2024
Somewhere between underwhelmed and pissed depending on where Burton and Pearsall go because I feel they are fairly similar guys based on the information I have and I don't think any of the 3 are head and shoulders better than the other. Actually, I like Burton in traffic best. If those go bottom or 2 or later and we pass on a good player elsewhere, I'm probably going to be a little hot and think we reached for need.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Up