ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 22
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***All Things Weather 2024***
Bowser 08:56 PM 01-06-2024

[Reply]
displacedinMN 02:12 PM 01-10-2024
Originally Posted by Holladay:
I am with you. For 3 yrs, my Ford 8N "little" Tractor was broke dick. Luckily, the past coupla years, we haven't had that much snow (NE KS). This Fall I decided to do ANYTHING to get it going. It sat on my side driveway for 2 1/2 months because my screwups trying to make it work (I wont' go into it because of the ludicrousness). I finally got it working 12/30.

An aside, anyone that uses a blade on gravel...buy a 1 1/2" pvc pipe and cut a ~ 1/4" wide down the middle and slide it onto the blade. This keeps the sharp part of the blade from spreading your gravel into the grass. It floats, but leaves a tad on snow still on the gravel. It worked great!!

I hope that you didn't have to shovel a whole lot. That snow was heavy. People forget how strenuous shoveling snow is. It is one of the main causations of a myocardial infarction.

BTW, I also spent quite a bit of time maintaining my generator for the first time as well.
I am impressed you still have an 8N going. Not many of those around.
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:38 PM 01-10-2024
Snowing again here expected to get another couple of inches then another 5-6 tomorrow and Friday, on top of the 11 we got Monday and Tuesday :-)
[Reply]
srvy 03:41 PM 01-10-2024
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
We were in the 2-3" band of predicted snow. Woke up to 6" on the ground this morning and got another inch. Sucks because my snow blower wouldn't start this weekend, but figured I wouldn't need it. Now I have to go shovel 7" of heavy, wet snow.

:-)
Yeah that was some heart attack snow. Every year the first big snow I spit and cuss why I didn't buy that snow thrower on clearance last spring. I suspect it will be the same this spring. I just can't pull the trigger.
[Reply]
Holladay 06:09 PM 01-10-2024
Originally Posted by :
I am impressed you still have an 8N going. Not many of those around.
In NE KS you can find quite a few. I almost bought another as a parts tractor. The story I understand is that near the end of their production, someone bought all the patents for the parts. Thus they didn't fall to the wayside. They are pretty easy to work on...of course. I converted mine from 6 volt to 12 a number of years ago.

I have 10 acres and it comes in handy in a myriad of ways.
[Reply]
Holladay 06:11 PM 01-10-2024
Originally Posted by :
why I didn't buy that snow thrower on clearance last spring
When do you buy a snow shovel? In June.

When do you buy a grill? November.

You had it right, just pull the trigger:-)
[Reply]
Pablo 06:18 PM 01-10-2024
Originally Posted by srvy:
Yeah that was some heart attack snow. Every year the first big snow I spit and cuss why I didn't buy that snow thrower on clearance last spring. I suspect it will be the same this spring. I just can't pull the trigger.
I didn't enjoy shoveling it, but it was heavy and wet enough I was able to build a half-ass cave with my son. He was interested in it for all of a minute before he said it was too cold and he wanted to go in and get hot chocolate.

Can't blame him
[Reply]
notorious 06:46 PM 01-10-2024
The kids have been playing outside non-stop, and taking a break by being pulled around on a sled with me driving the razor.

I made some 10' tall "mountains" of snow with the skid steer. I'm shocked one of the boys hasn't taken a header off of them. :-)

Swiss Miss cocoa stock has skyrocketed due to our house consumption.

These are good times. Loving it.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:18 AM 01-12-2024
Snowpocalypse round 2 is underway, and this one seems to be legit. Damn near blizzard conditions and about 3" on the roads already, and it's just getting started. Supposed to snow like hell well into tomorrow. They're forecasting around a foot or more, then off to the deep freeze when it's over. Yuck.
[Reply]
Bwana 07:56 AM 01-12-2024
We are setting records, and not in a good way.

[Reply]
Bwana 08:07 AM 01-12-2024
HA! It gets worse north of Billings.

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:08 AM 01-12-2024
Originally Posted by Bwana:
HA! It gets worse north of Billings.

Jesus.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:10 AM 01-12-2024
The best part of switching away from DTV to firestick/wireless internet is never again having to climb a ladder and clean snow off that goddamn dish. Because I'd be doing it several times on a day like this.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:10 AM 01-12-2024

[Reply]
notorious 08:39 AM 01-12-2024
I was going to bitch about -25, but that Montana chart of temps got me to shut up.
[Reply]
Bwana 08:40 AM 01-12-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Jesus.

Well there is a silver lining to all of it. All the new residents from California are in for a reality check. :-)
[Reply]
Page 5 of 22
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up