ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 32
« First < 142021222324 25262728 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>-- Do any of you still go to Long John Silvers?
Simply Red 05:50 PM 05-02-2012
I went last week & thought about you all.

Chicken planks are really good if you haven't had them in 10+yrs. I also like Diet Pepsi to Diet Coke, these days.

[Reply]
Simply Red 11:00 PM 01-09-2022
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
https://www.cleveland.com/entertainm...ns-famous.html
yes that's what was at ATL airport - a Nathan's Treachers.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 12:16 AM 01-10-2022
Most of them closed around my place.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:29 AM 01-10-2022
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
Most of them closed around my place.
Same here. The two that were close to me shut down years ago. The only one left in the area is about half an hour away - it's a hybrid LJS/KFC. At the rate businesses are shuttering I wonder how much longer it will last.

I'll eat there perhaps once a year. It's delicious, and I love it, but it's so fucking unhealthy. Probably a good thing it's so far away.
[Reply]
ping2000 12:30 AM 01-10-2022
I heard Justin Sherbert is going tomorrow. He has free time now.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 12:32 AM 01-10-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Same here. The two that were close to me shut down years ago. The only one left in the area is about half an hour away - it's a hybrid LJS/KFC. At the rate businesses are shuttering I wonder how much longer it will last.

I'll eat there perhaps once a year. It's delicious, and I love it, but it's so ****ing unhealthy. Probably a good thing it's so far away.
We used to have a hybrid KFC/A&W and LJS/A&W in my town. Both closed. :-)
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:40 AM 01-10-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:

I'll eat there perhaps once a year. It's delicious, and I love it, but it's so ****ing unhealthy. Probably a good thing it's so far away.
Long Johns have nearly died out in my area. The only ones left look like they are on their last leg. They seem to have a reputation as unhealthy for sure.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:44 AM 01-10-2022
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Long Johns have nearly died out in my area. The only ones left look like they are on their last leg. They seem to have a reputation as unhealthy for sure.
The one I go to definitely seems like it's not in good shape. Not very clean, and the employees largely seem like inattentive zombies. But the food is still good.

We used to have a hybrid KFC/A&W and LJS/A&W in my town. Both closed. :-)
There is still ONE free standing A&W in my area. It is clean, has a good staff and good food.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 12:53 AM 01-10-2022
Last time I went into one of their locations, two employees were screaming at each other at the top of their lungs. I left quickly.
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:55 AM 01-10-2022
I always had poor experiences at those A&W/KFC' at least when I ordered from the A&W side, the chicken was fine. I remember their burgers tasting cheap and low quality, like "Dairy Queen hamburger, cheap.' ..where you have to tactfully chew so you don't risk chomping a bone. Gross, fuck that!
[Reply]
T-post Tom 12:58 AM 01-10-2022
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
I always had poor experiences at those A&W/KFC' at least when I ordered from the A&W side, the chicken was fine. I remember their burgers tasting cheap and low quality, like "Dairy Queen hamburger, cheap.' ..where you have to tactfully chew so you don't risk chomping a bone. Gross, **** that!
You deserve better!
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:58 AM 01-10-2022
sorry Frazod, just noticed you liked that place, your tastes are normally impeccable - but you botched that place hard. Awful place. :-) go Braves!
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:59 AM 01-10-2022
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
You deserve better!
thank you sweetie!
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 01:03 AM 01-10-2022
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
sorry Frazod, just noticed you liked that place, your tastes are normally impeccable - but you botched that place hard. Awful place. :-) go Braves!
I have never had a bad A&W experience and will drive the hour it takes to go to the closest one near me.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:06 AM 01-10-2022
The worst local fast food place close to me is Popeyes. And I absolutely love Popeyes' food - it's just the staff that sucks balls. And I mean they suck all the balls. They fucked up my order four times in a row. The last time I was there, the fucking manager basically called me a liar, even though I clearly stressed NO PICKLES twice, because apparently it's impossible for those fucktards to not put pickles on chicken sandwiches. He seriously told me that I didn't order it that way. Finally I got the correct order and left, for the last time. I wouldn't go back there if they were giving food away. The place has horrible online reviews from pretty much everybody, but they also have a prime location and they're still always busy.

Oh, and fuck pickles. I hope that whoever first thought it would be a good idea to put those goddamn nasty things on food is roasting in the deepest depths of hell.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 01:07 AM 01-10-2022
I have never had a bad A&W experience and will drive the hour it takes to go to the closest one near me.
SR’s epicurean discernment is unrivaled. Don’t spit in the wind friend. :-)
[Reply]
Page 24 of 32
« First < 142021222324 25262728 > Last »
Up