ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 318 of 341
« First < 218268308314315316317318 319320321322328 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 05:28 PM 10-14-2022
Doesn’t have original grips, give the about tree fity
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 08:16 PM 10-15-2022
The PARD NV007 with a target at 25 yards. Will be moving it out to 70 yards tomorrow and trying it again.

PARD NV007 Night Vision mounted on a Ruger AR-556

[Reply]
Fish 09:35 PM 10-22-2022
My nephew just took his first deer. Youth season. Proud uncle. .243.

[Reply]
GloryDayz 04:14 PM 10-23-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:

Outstanding.
[Reply]
Otter 05:53 PM 10-23-2022

Nice shot placement. Could have been a tiny bit more horizontally towards center mass but now we're splitting hairs. Also the shot placement looks like it may have been looking straight at him.

Sometime tells me it won't be his last.
[Reply]
Fish 12:08 AM 10-24-2022
Originally Posted by Otter:
Nice shot placement. Could have been a tiny bit more horizontally towards center mass but now we're splitting hairs. Also the shot placement looks like it may have been looking straight at him.

Sometime tells me it won't be his last.
Honestly, considering his skill level and experience, I'm super impressed with his shooting. Didn't expect this. Little guy really stepped up and made a great shot. His older brothers put in a lot of effort to make this really easy for him. Regardless, I couldn't be happier. Great learning experience. He had to field dress his own deer too. Unfortunately, I wasn't there for that.
[Reply]
Fish 12:22 AM 10-24-2022
This is an old video. But this is me field dressing a doe in less than 5 minutes. Was giving my other nephew a how-to at the time.

[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:09 AM 10-24-2022
This is an old video. But this is me field dressing a doe in less than 5 minutes. Was giving my other nephew a how-to at the time.

Outstanding...
[Reply]
Fish 01:07 AM 10-25-2022
I put a decent Riton micro red dot on my Canik Elite SC. As well as a Baldr mini. Really happy with the way this setup works. Weight is balanced perfectly. 12rd mag pictured here, but I've also got 2 15rd mags. Super easy to shoot.

[Reply]
ChiefsHawk 05:44 AM 10-25-2022
Anyone here ever use a Burris Eliminator scope? I use the Oracle X on my crossbow and love it. Was curious of anyones thoughts.
[Reply]
Fish 09:09 PM 10-25-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsHawk:
Anyone here ever use a Burris Eliminator scope? I use the Oracle X on my crossbow and love it. Was curious of anyones thoughts.
I'm a big fan of Burris optics. But that one is a bit too expensive for me. If you want a really easy long range optic and have plenty of gun money, this would be it though. A friend of my hunting buddy has a Eliminator 3, and says it's really amazing. That said the version 5 looks absolutely bananas even compared to that. It's as expensive as 4+ rifles. But still...

[Reply]
ghak99 10:05 AM 10-26-2022
I've looked through a 3, but didn't shoot it. Guy said he loved it for prairie dogs. I didn't really enjoy how busy the reticle was.

If you've got rewards to burn you can buy the 4 for the price of the 3 right now at Cabelas.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:21 AM 10-26-2022
I don't know much about guns, but I have been looking into getting one, or more, for self-defense purposes. Better to have and not need..

I've already determined that I'll get a 12 gauge at some point for home defense. Seems like the Remington 870 is cheap, easy to maintain and perfect for what I'm looking for.

But lately I've been considering pistols as well.

I like the look of the 1911. From my understand, it was once military issue so I'd imagine they're pretty reliable. What's CP's opinion on them? Obviously I will shoot one myself to see how it feels, just curious about opinions.

Also, revolvers. What are the advantages/disadvantages of revolvers vs semi-autos? Any particular revolver CPers prefer to others? FTR, I think I'd prefer one with a shorter barrel.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:25 AM 10-26-2022
I'm also having a bit of a philosophical debate with myself.

I freely admit I am interested in this silver (or chrome, whatever) 1911 I came across simply because it looks cool.

Should I want a gun because it looks cool? It's only for self-defense so it's not something I'd ever want anyone to see.

For the gun enthusiasts here, how much does your opinion on the look of a gun play into your purchases?
[Reply]
raybec 4 10:31 AM 10-26-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I don't know much about guns, but I have been looking into getting one, or more, for self-defense purposes. Better to have and not need..

I've already determined that I'll get a 12 gauge at some point for home defense. Seems like the Remington 870 is cheap, easy to maintain and perfect for what I'm looking for.

But lately I've been considering pistols as well.

I like the look of the 1911. From my understand, it was once military issue so I'd imagine they're pretty reliable. What's CP's opinion on them? Obviously I will shoot one myself to see how it feels, just curious about opinions.

Also, revolvers. What are the advantages/disadvantages of revolvers vs semi-autos? Any particular revolver CPers prefer to others? FTR, I think I'd prefer one with a shorter barrel.
If you are a complete novice a revolver is a really good idea. They are much easier to operate and won't jam. The issue is capacity. I really like having 15 rounds to put on target but if you aren't comfortable with a semi auto you really need to spend considerable time practicing for failure so you can be comfortable if you ever need to use it.
[Reply]
Page 318 of 341
« First < 218268308314315316317318 319320321322328 > Last »
Up