ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 199 of 295
« First < 99149189195196197198199 200201202203209249 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 03:39 PM 10-03-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
He was no different. The holes have been there all year. He still can't break a run over 20 yards. The holes were ****ing MASSIVE today.
This is why I still want Veach to get someone like Mack who can take it to the house. Mckinon isn't getting touches and Clyde and Darrel aren't busting big runs.
[Reply]
Halfcan 03:47 PM 10-03-2021
I am sick of CEH only getting 15 yards per carry!!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:00 PM 10-03-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
I understand your point, i do, CEH had a solid game today. He had a good cut back run for a 1st down. He broke 2 tackles and got 8 yards for a 1st down. There wasn't much bad about CEH today, he looked solid.

My issue is that our Oline was opening some serious holes today and CEH was still just solid. If today was CEH's best then that isn't good enough imo. Just about every decent NFL RB can do what CEH did today.

I don't hate CEH, i just want more. I expect my starting RB to make people miss and for Defenses to worry about him. No defense is afraid of CEH right now.

Maybe this is the start of some real improvement by CEH. Maybe he will gain confidence and finally explode on the scene. I hope he does, really do.
This is who he is, though. Even at his best, this is what CEH will do.

He's not a homerun hitter. He's not going to be a guy that bounces one out, out-runs and angle and then goes for 60.

He's a guy who's going to churn yards. He's going to be a guy who takes what's blocked and finishes the run hard. He's more Marcus Allen than Bo Jackson.

So if you're expecting something more than we saw today - you're going to be waiting awhile. It's just not the kind of runner he is. Either grade him on a scale that's fair for his skill-set, or bow out.

Expecting him to go out there looking like Barry Sanders when the line has a good day is a fools errand. This is what the Chiefs hoped to get out of him when they drafted him. If he does this with regularity, there's no reason not to be happy with the pick.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 04:19 PM 10-03-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
I am sick of CEH only getting 15 yards per carry!!
I.am as well
I want a real rb like JC in the 3rd round that was a home run hitter
Not an1st rounder that is not better than his back up.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 04:48 PM 10-03-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
CEH was drafted in the 1st round too, he needs to be much better than he is now.
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
I.am as well
I want a real rb like JC in the 3rd round that was a home run hitter
Not an1st rounder that is not better than his back up.
When these two dumbasses post, this is how you know he is fine.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 04:53 PM 10-03-2021
CEH played a huge role in this victory today. He had a great game. When he was rolling Patrick had no problem finding wide open guys and shredded PHI. Clyde's biggest obstacle is when Andy empties the backfield and he has no chance of getting the ball. The spread offense isn't dead but it's half as effective as it use to be.
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:59 PM 10-03-2021
Still pissed at him for that Baltimore fumble.

He’s meeting expectations now. It’s gonna take a few more weeks of that for me to forgive him.

Now if you’ll excuse me, my goateed genius fan ass is gonna hit up some Golden Corral!!
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:00 PM 10-03-2021
CEH is getting much better.

He's not a Jamaal Charles home run hitter, he's a Priest Holmes.
[Reply]
Molitoth 05:25 PM 10-03-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
What would have been an acceptable stat line for him today?
435 yards 7 TDs.
[Reply]
jd1020 05:28 PM 10-03-2021
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
42 yards 1 TD.
Fixed your post, judging by some of the comments on who the better runner on the team is.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:29 PM 10-03-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
CEH is getting much better.

He's not a Jamaal Charles home run hitter, he's a Priest Holmes.

I wouldn't say that either, he's not as fast and explosive as Priest
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:47 PM 10-03-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Holmes was neither fast nor explosive. He was smart, he was patient, and he played behind the best offensive line ever, basically.

Charles WAS fast and explosive, and one of the best I ever saw at making something out of nothing.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 05:49 PM 10-03-2021
By the time Priest got to KC he was a 5th year player who had only 1 thousand yard season under his belt, via BAL. Clyde is 22 years old and just beginning his second season behind a rebuilt offensive line. With that said Priest may have been more explosive. He could leap over DL like few could. I haven't seen that in Clyde, not like Priest did it.

One last thing: at the age of 22 Priest was still in college. He didn't enter the NFL until the age of 24. That's how much experience Priest had over Clyde.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:51 PM 10-03-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Holmes was neither fast nor explosive. He was smart, he was patient, and he played behind the best offensive line ever, basically.

Charles WAS fast and explosive, and one of the best I ever saw at making something out of nothing.
Are you kidding me? Priest could accelerate with the best he actually could pull away from defenders
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:01 PM 10-03-2021
Are you kidding me? Priest could accelerate with the best he actually could pull away from defenders
Your memory is not accurate.

He was neither big, nor fast. He was smart, he was patient. He was just a guy until he played behind Roaf, Waters, Wiegmann, Shields, and Tait.

He had 3 monster years, but nobody could stop a sweep left behind Roaf. Nobody.

But no, he was not fast, was not pulling away from anyone, and was not a 'home run hitter' in the way that say, Jamaal Charles was. Charles could hit another gear and just run away from people. Holmes followed the best line in football. He was more Emmitt Smith than he was Barry Sanders.

Clyde is more in that type of mold.
[Reply]
Page 199 of 295
« First < 99149189195196197198199 200201202203209249 > Last »
Up