ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 31
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>NFLPA Survey: Clark rated with an F-
dirk digler 10:33 AM 02-28-2024
I don't get this.

The @NFLPA just released their player team report cards for 2024 and the results are ... suboptimal for the Chiefs.

Head coach Andy Reid gets A+ but Chiefs rank dead last in training staff and ownership. Ownership gets an F- from the players. pic.twitter.com/2XyHkQfFru

— Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) February 28, 2024

[Reply]
stevieray 01:51 PM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
So does winning... If Tyreek was given truth serum he would have never left... despite the shiny marbles in Miami...
I highly doubt anyone is leaving this team to due to a locker room.

D+ in treatment of families is interesting.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:51 PM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
So does winning... If Tyreek was given truth serum he would have never left... despite the shiny marbles in Miami...
Winning helps, sure, but like money, it isn’t the end-all.

You can think the players are entitled or whatever, but it should be pretty easy not to get an F in any of these categories. Especially when you’ve got some seriously dysfunctional franchises out there.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profoo...-team-facility

This is from last year and I believe they updated their policy, but the Cardinals used to charge players for meals eaten at team facilities. They were the only team in the league to do so.

Clark got rated lower than this douche owner.. and Tepper..

That sort of thing is embarrassing and not a good look.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:51 PM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Anyone have any guesses (or better yet, hard numbers) on how much more a franchise can expect to earn relative to postseason success?

I’m assuming the home playoff team earns the lion’s share of ticket sales? Do they receive a greater portion from TV deals as well? And what percentage goes to the visiting team? What about Super Bowls? I’m assuming teams can expect a surge in merch but I’d assume there would be some sort of cash infusion..?
It's a lot, like the Chiefs players got 164k a piece for the SB...owners really cash in during the postseason because the ticket sales are almost all straight profit.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:52 PM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by stevieray:

New England got an F- in families apparently they can't even say hi or have a nice day or something.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 01:56 PM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by stevieray:

I think that is due to daycare. A lot of teams get dinged for not having free daycare.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:57 PM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It's a lot, like the Chiefs players got 164k a piece for the SB...owners really cash in during the postseason because the ticket sales are almost all straight profit.
https://sports.betmgm.com/en/blog/nf...playoffs-bm07/

According to this website, SB winners earned an additional $157,000 multiply that by 53 or whatever, plus practice squad guys probably get a smaller cut. You have to factor in the cost of Super Bowl rings as well.

If that much money is going out, you have to assume what comes in is insane.
[Reply]
JPH83 01:59 PM 02-28-2024
Wasn't this the same last year. I thought then that maybe it was a little more important than people suggested. Honestly don't think it's great and I think Hunt should try and rectify it.

If the team acted coddled or entitled it'd be one thing, but every one played their a$$es off. Would be good if Hunt could pay up for some decent facilities. Two years just looks like he's a tight arse.
[Reply]
JPH83 02:02 PM 02-28-2024
Winning helps, sure, but like money, it isn’t the end-all.

You can think the players are entitled or whatever, but it should be pretty easy not to get an F in any of these categories. Especially when you’ve got some seriously dysfunctional franchises out there.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profoo...-team-facility

This is from last year and I believe they updated their policy, but the Cardinals used to charge players for meals eaten at team facilities. They were the only team in the league to do so.

Clark got rated lower than this douche owner.. and Tepper..

That sort of thing is embarrassing and not a good look.
It reads as cheap and complacent to be honest. I don't think it really fits the culture of excellence you obviously see with coaches, players and Veach.
[Reply]
DRM08 02:05 PM 02-28-2024
I don’t think it’s just practice facilities & locker rooms. The Chiefs are consistently in the Bottom 10 of the league for cash spending on the player contracts/salaries.
[Reply]
tk13 02:05 PM 02-28-2024
The facilities thing is a real issue but the cash spent thing is way overrated. People think money equals success and then you end up with MVS or $20 million guys playing RT and people complain about that. Veach built the youngest defense in the league and they just won us a Super Bowl. I didn't see the final numbers but I believe the Chiefs were still one of the 10 youngest teams in the league overall. Veach has leaned into bringing in guys in their 20s and not giving huge contracts to WRs/CBs and it paid off with 2 straight Super Bowls and being in much much better position than most of the other AFC contenders going forward.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:05 PM 02-28-2024
https://sports.betmgm.com/en/blog/nf...playoffs-bm07/

According to this website, SB winners earned an additional $157,000 multiply that by 53 or whatever, plus practice squad guys probably get a smaller cut. You have to factor in the cost of Super Bowl rings as well.

If that much money is going out, you have to assume what comes in is insane.
Apparently winning a SB ads about 30 million dollars of equity to a franchise...so going back to back probably ads about 75.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:14 PM 02-28-2024
Some confirmation of player entitlement. How the hell did Rams players give this practice facility locker room a D+? It's fantastic and brand new

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:34 PM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by tk13:
The facilities thing is a real issue but the cash spent thing is way overrated. People think money equals success and then you end up with MVS or $20 million guys playing RT and people complain about that. Veach built the youngest defense in the league and they just won us a Super Bowl. I didn't see the final numbers but I believe the Chiefs were still one of the 10 youngest teams in the league overall. Veach has leaned into bringing in guys in their 20s and not giving huge contracts to WRs/CBs and it paid off with 2 straight Super Bowls and being in much much better position than most of the other AFC contenders going forward.
And cash spending is oftentimes a salve for poor cap management; it's something a team gets forced into (i.e. bonusing out salary, etc...) when their cap is in bad shape.

The Chiefs have had a clean cap and spent UP to the cap every year. So they haven't had to use the cash spending mechanisms to bail themselves out of nasty cap situations.

In many ways high cash spending isn't a sign of a good owner - it's a sign of a bad cap manager.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 02:37 PM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I don’t think it’s just practice facilities & locker rooms. The Chiefs are consistently in the Bottom 10 of the league for cash spending on the player contracts/salaries.
And yet they have the highest paid player in the league, one of the highest paid guards in the league, and one of the highest paid RT in the league. The Chiefs continue to build their team through the draft which is always going to look positive on the ledger next to a team that is out spending big on free agents to mask their inability to draft well.

KC's spending leads to sustainable winning and championships. Dallas' spending, for example, leads to disappointed fans and a franchise living in the past.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:38 PM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
What the ****? Do they expect a new locker room every season or something?

Buncha goddam genZ pussies...
You're...referring to the Chiefs players...as "pussies?" Even if our guys were out there mailing it in, you still wouldn't have a salient point. The fact that they bodies on the line and WIN?

Perhaps rethink your clear retardation a bit.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 31
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up