ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 442 of 2693
« First < 342392432438439440441442 4434444454464524925429421442 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
penbrook 12:36 PM 08-15-2017
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
*Ok Detox, must remember he's young, must remember he's young. Patience*

Ok....(exhales).

The '17 starting QB gig is not Mahomes' to win. It's Alex's to lose. If the offense is flat, if the passing game is inept, a change will be made.

If the Chiefs are losing games 17-14, you can bet your ass Reid will make the move.

Any regression from Alex will yield a QB change.

The switch to Mahomes is inevitable. Much like Mahomes taking the #2 job in the preseason was inevitable.

If the offense fails to succeed....if Alex regresses, the inevitable will not be delayed for the sake of Alex. Reid has never demonstrated that kind of loyalty to his QB's.
Unless your name is Mcnabb or Vick.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:37 PM 08-15-2017
Originally Posted by penbrook:

SiriusXM NFL Radio @SiriusXMNFL
#Chiefs QB @PatrickMahomes5: Just having a guy like Alex Smith in front of you is awesome. Great leader of the team and a great guy. He's doing a wonderful job of keeping my seat warm. Everyone knows im here because im better than him and he's been incredibly humble about it. Ultimate professional
[Reply]
staylor26 12:38 PM 08-15-2017
:-)
[Reply]
penbrook 12:39 PM 08-15-2017
:-)
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 12:40 PM 08-15-2017
Reddit's NFL stream thread is fantastic. It's only up on gamedays however. On gameday I'll link it.

The stream i watched on Sunday was the KC feed with KC commentators (Which is an absolute must for pre-season games) and the resolution was incredibly high.

Also, make sure you're using Google Chrome and turn the ad blocker on.
Thanks
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:41 PM 08-15-2017
Unless your name is Mcnabb or Vick.
McNabb....oh the guy Reid ditched. Gotcha.

Funny you should mention McNabb....the rookie that Reid started towards the middle/end of the season.

McNabb - Traded, presumably to make room for Vick

Kolb - Benched in favor of Vick

Vick - Benched for Foles

Wanna try again?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 01:04 PM 08-15-2017
I don't want this kid learning shit from Shitty. We don't need him to go full vag.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 01:05 PM 08-15-2017
The only way Patrick over take Alex is if we don't mke the playoffs this year or if Smitty has a serious injury
I don't think so. If we make the playoffs and lose our first game like we did last year, I think Mahomes starts in 2018. Smith's cap number is just way too high, and another first round playoff exit is too mediocre a result for the amount of money being spent.
[Reply]
-King- 01:24 PM 08-15-2017
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
So sick of that "footwork" BS. Footwork is how lesser QBs get the ball to receivers. This is just lazy analysis by someone who isn't willing to take the time to truly research crap.

Oh yeah Mahomes has bad footwork which is why he throws interceptions! Oh wait he only threw 10 in 591 attempts, which is more attempts than Alex Smith had in his entire college career.

Just gtfo with that bunk hack analysis Sage, the informed people are having informed discussions.
No it's a mess. Which is why having him sit for a year is such a good thing. And lots of QBs in the air raid have low interceptions numbers. Geno only has 21 interceptions in college.

His footwork is his #1 flaw. If you can fix that, then the rest should come easy. Footwork does lead to better timing and accuracy and better consistency on throws.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:30 PM 08-15-2017
Originally Posted by -King-:
No it's a mess. Which is why having him sit for a year is such a good thing. And lots of QBs in the air raid have low interceptions numbers. Geno only has 21 interceptions in college.

His footwork is his #1 flaw. If you can fix that, then the rest should come easy. Footwork does lead to better timing and accuracy and better consistency on throws.
Posted via Mobile Device
His footwork in a clean pocket isn't the best, but it's good enough. Footwork for all QB's breaks down when forced to move around in a congested pocket.

The footwork thing is highly, highly overblown. Some QB's need perfect mechanics to deliver an accurate pass. Some are much more naturally gifted.

Look no further than our own roster for an example of that. When Bray had a nice pocket and didn't have to move his feet he was delivering strikes. Once he was forced to move his accuracy dipped quite a bit and he threw a bad interception.

Mahomes has a natural ability to deliver an accurate ball w/o having well placed feet. His drop backs aren't perfect, but if you re-watch the game, his three step drops were fine. You could literally count the steps in his drop back...1...2..3. And that won't matter a whole lot since he'll be taking most of his snaps from the gun anyway.

I'd encourage you to watch Aaron Rodgers. I posted his highlight video in another thread and illustrated how many of those throws would be considered "poor foot-work".

Almost every damn one of them were off balance, shuffled feet, drop back fade type passes.

Mahomes isn't a Tom Brady talent. He's an Aaron Rodgers talent.

The footwork thing is overblown. And i despise the "he must wait a year" argument.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:34 PM 08-15-2017
Originally Posted by -King-:
Footwork does lead to better timing and accuracy and better consistency on throws.
Posted via Mobile Device
A proper drop back leads to better timing. The preseason game demonstrated that his drop backs are a non issue. His timing will continue to improve has he becomes quicker in his ability to diagnose coverage.

When a QB is flushed out of the pocket all that footwork talk goes to shit. Generally when running towards the sideline QB's don't have time to stop and set their feet. That ability to throw on the run is pure natural ability.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:34 PM 08-15-2017
His footwork in a clean pocket isn't the best, but it's good enough. Footwork for all QB's breaks down when forced to move around in a clean pocket.

The footwork thing is highly, highly overblown. Some QB's need perfect mechanics to deliver an accurate pass. Some are much more naturally gifted.

Look no further than our own roster for an example of that. When Bray had a nice pocket and didn't have to move his feet he was delivering strikes. Once he was forced to move his accuracy dipped quite a bit and he threw a bad interception.

Mahomes has a natural ability to deliver an accurate ball w/o having well placed feet. His drop backs aren't perfect, but if you re-watch the game, his three step drops were fine. You could literally count the steps in his drop back...1...2..3. And that won't matter a whole lot since he'll be taking most of his snaps from the gun anyway.

I'd encourage you to watch Aaron Rodgers. I posted his highlight video and illustrated how many of those throws would be considered "poor foot-work".

Almost every damn one of them were off balance, shuffled feet of drop back fade type passes.

Mahomes is a Tom Brady talent. He's an Aaron Rodgers talent.

The footwork thing is overblown. And i despise the "he must wait a year" argument.
Dudes, with such a small sample size, it's premature to evaluate his fundamentals as a pro
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:37 PM 08-15-2017
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Dudes, with such a small sample size, it's premature to evaluate his fundamentals as a pro
This isn't an evaluation of just a few pre-season snaps.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:40 PM 08-15-2017
This isn't an evaluation of just a few pre-season snaps.
It definitely sounds like It, let's wait when actually has a chance to throw in a live game situation for more than half a quarter.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:44 PM 08-15-2017
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
It definitely sounds like It, let's wait when actually has a chance to throw in a live game situation for more than half a quarter.
He's talking about his college tape, which is what all the "his footwork is a mess" crowd is also referring too.

It's only fair.
[Reply]
Page 442 of 2693
« First < 342392432438439440441442 4434444454464524925429421442 > Last »
Up