ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 29
« First < 172324252627 2829 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Maryville teen allegedly raped by football player
Skyy God 10:13 AM 10-14-2013
And wasn't prosecuted (probably) because the rapist's family was politically connected. There's no excuse for at least statutory under the facts as presented. Also. dude should probably avoid saying rape-y things on social media if he's still within the statute of limitations.

Originally Posted by :
Here's a depressing story that will bring back memories of the Steubenville rape case. It begins with a 14-year-old drunk girl getting dumped on her porch by the high school football player who had just allegedly raped her, and it ends with her family being driven out of town by an unsupportive community.

A horrifying story out of Missouri: A mother was run out of a small town after her daughter blacked out at a party filled with older high school athletes and was left, with clear marks of rape, on the front lawn of her home in freezing weather.

The Kansas City Star details how the small town of Maryville turned against a newly-arrived family after 14-year-old Daisy Coleman reported that an older athlete had sex with her while another older male videotaped, after she was given an alcoholic drink at a party that left her barely able to stand. Her friend, a 13-year-old, was also made to have non-consensual sex.

After a thorough investigation by the local police however, clearly implicating 17-year-old Matthew Barnett in the sexual assault, charges were inexplicably dropped by the prosecuting attorney. Barnett, coincidentally, is the grandson of a prominent former Missouri state representative.

Star reporter Dugan Arnett writes,

Sexual assault cases can be difficult to build because of factors such as a lack of physical evidence or inconsistent statements by witnesses. But by the time his department had concluded its investigation, Sheriff Darren White felt confident the office had put together a case that would “absolutely” result in prosecutions.

“Within four hours, we had obtained a search warrant for the house and executed that,” White told The Star. “We had all of the suspects in custody and had audio/video confessions.

“I would defy the Kansas City, Missouri, Police Department to do what we did and get it wrapped up as nicely as we did in that amount of time.”

But no prosecutions ever came. The charges were dropped by the prosecuting attorney who didn't believe the evidence was strong enough. He dismissed any idea that political influence had anything to do with his decision.

In the meantime, the town had already begun to turn on the Coleman family. Threatening phone calls and online threats were directed at the family. Melinda Coleman had moved to the town with her four children after her husband, a physician, had died in a car accident. She was easily targeted by the community for being an outsider.
The parent of one of the teens at the Barnett house that night was the only one to comment briefly to The Star: “Our boys deserve an apology, and they haven’t gotten it yet.”

In a later interview, Rice [the prosecuting attorney] called it a case of “incorrigible teenagers” drinking alcohol and having sex. “They were doing what they wanted to do, and there weren’t any consequences. And it’s reprehensible. But is it criminal? No.”

Robert Sundell, who represented Barnett, echoed that sentiment: “Just because we don’t like the way teenagers act doesn’t necessarily make it a crime.”

After the charges were dropped, things just got worse for Melinda and Daisy Coleman. Daisy has struggled with depression and attempted suicide. Melinda had to move away from Maryville and back to the town she had lived in with her now-deceased husband. In April, the house in Maryville she still owned burned down under mysterious circumstances.

And Matthew Barnett, the young man accused by Coleman of raping her? He's attending the University of Central Missouri and apparently having a great time:

In a recent retweet, he expressed his views on women — and their desire for his sexual attentions — this way:

“If her name begins with A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z, she wants the D."
http://gawker.com/family-gets-driven...23656/@Tom_Ley
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:09 AM 08-09-2020
Originally Posted by slapnutz_4:
Answer the question
Why did you guys dump her on the front lawn of her home in freezing weather?

Seems quite gentlemanly.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:20 AM 08-09-2020
Originally Posted by tooge:
One of the alleged rapist is on linkedin. Just sayin
Looks like he is on Chiefsplanet as well.
[Reply]
slapnutz_4 08:27 AM 08-09-2020
Originally Posted by otherstar:
She was 14 years old and drunk when YOU and your buddies molested her. It's pretty obvious to anyone who is NOT a rapist like you are. Now go the **** away....you should be in jail for what you did, not on a Chiefs board...slimebag.
Did he give consent he was 17 years old and drunk? I'm sorry that all of you have never lived a real life experience and don't realize that high school kids have sex with each other all the time drunk/ sober . I'm sorry seniors date freshman and sophomores. happens all the time except if you live in your parents basement. I don't think any kid at that age should be making those decisions but they do.

This is like the tyreek hill situation. Neither got charged but tyreek hill is innocent but this boy is still guilty. All you ever heard in both situations was the girls side of the story and the media spinning it.

If this guy is guilty and he truly raped her he should be in jail. I feel like I should be in jail for even suggesting he didn't and would be glad to do time if I am wrong. so do all of you feel strong enough about what the media is telling you and the one side of the story you have heard to risk jail time on you calling him a rapist and knowing so little about this?
[Reply]
slapnutz_4 08:28 AM 08-09-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Why did you guys dump her on the front lawn of her home in freezing weather?

Seems quite gentlemanly.
So did they try to get her inside and she say no I just need sometime so I don't wake my mom up? Or hell I guess she could have already used her one lie about getting raped that night up so she couldn't possibly tell another one
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 09:15 AM 08-09-2020
So did they try to get her inside and she say no I just need sometime so I don't wake my mom up? Or hell I guess she could have already used her one lie about getting raped that night up so she couldn't possibly tell another one

So saying no to sex isn’t listened to but saying no to them getting her inside during freezing weather is listened to?

As a 17 year old kid I was not that fucking stupid. If these pieces of shit did or didn’t rape her, leaving her on the porch is fucking inexcusable. We know for a fact they left her in freezing weather, that is fucking pathetic, and so are you for defending that.
[Reply]
Pablo 09:20 AM 08-09-2020
This scumbag is definitely the uncle-father to one of the kids involved.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:21 AM 08-09-2020
As a mod I'd be tempted to out this POS.
[Reply]
Fish 09:25 AM 08-09-2020

[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:27 AM 08-09-2020
Yeah im sure she wanted to wait outside in I quote 'subfreezing weather,' so she wouldn't wake her Mom up. She just needed to wait an hour or two in the cold with nothing but a t-shirt and yoga pants on.

Makes perfect sense!

**** out of here you ****ing rapist defender.
[Reply]
slapnutz_4 09:44 AM 08-09-2020
Originally Posted by mac459:
So saying no to sex isn’t listened to but saying no to them getting her inside during freezing weather is listened to?

As a 17 year old kid I was not that ****ing stupid. If these pieces of shit did or didn’t rape her, leaving her on the porch is ****ing inexcusable. We know for a fact they left her in freezing weather, that is ****ing pathetic, and so are you for defending that.
How in the hell do you know this for a fact? She could have went and inside and had to puke and came back out for all you know ... All you people who have never had a reali life experience of your own and want to hang a kid for stuff you have seen zero evidence and know nothing about is terrifying
[Reply]
Fish 09:47 AM 08-09-2020
How in the hell do you know this for a fact? She could have went and inside and had to puke and came back out for all you know ... All you people who have never had a reali life experience of your own and want to hang a kid for stuff you have seen zero evidence and know nothing about is terrifying
So... how the hell do you know the opposite for a fact? Because you're at the exact opposite end of the spectrum. Which is the gross end....
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:51 AM 08-09-2020
I agree. It's also entirely possible aliens brought her back outside and I don't know why no one is talking about that. Unless you've been abducted by aliens, raped, and left outside in freezing weather, you really shouldn't comment in this thread. Because you just don't know. I've seen zero evidence to prove that this wasn't the work of extraterrestrial beings.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:01 AM 08-09-2020
Lol. Yeah that's believable.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 10:06 AM 08-09-2020

How in the hell do you know I have no real life experience? Tell me what my previous life experience is, since you obviously know. Tell me what my last job was and what I did in it, better yet tell me about my current job.

I can tell you I have plenty of real life experience, especially in this area. In my current job I can read all the reports on shit like this, I pulled this case up after it was bumped and did a lot of reading. I have seen the evidence and you are pathetic if you know any of what was in those reports and continue to defend them
[Reply]
rydogg58 10:08 AM 08-09-2020
I feel sorry for the kids in your town if you think this is normal, justifiable behavior. You should probably stop posting, your rapey side is starting to show.
[Reply]
Page 27 of 29
« First < 172324252627 2829 >
Up