ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 11
« First < 678910 11 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Pellet Grills
Buehler445 10:13 AM 05-08-2019
My old LP grill is to the point where it needs parts or needs to go. The wife is thinking a pellet grill might be better for her to use.

I thought there was a thread on here about them, but the one I could dig up is over a decade old.

What are you guys running these days? Pros/Cons?

I don't know much about anything except Traegers and people I know have had trouble with them.

I'd PROBABLY be leaving it outside so I'd need a cover for it.
[Reply]
Peter Gibbons 06:54 PM 01-09-2020
I should add that my wife still thinks I need to attend the grill regularly and should not be bothered.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:26 PM 01-09-2020
Originally Posted by Peter Gibbons:
I should add that my wife still thinks I need to attend the grill regularly and should not be bothered.
Well, yeah.
[Reply]
Boon 10:32 PM 01-09-2020
For grilling burgers, steak, kabobs, etc. I use propane grills. Fast and get many cooks with a 20lb bottle of propane. I have a heavy steel offset for low, slow BBQ.

Just finished building a homemade cold smoker to hang 30-50 lbs of sausage in. When we make 50+ pounds of sausage we have access to an old smoke house on a farm 2 mile out of town.
[Reply]
F150 10:39 PM 01-09-2020
I sold my BGE XL and bought a Weber Summit Charcoal. It does everything the egg can do with none of egg baggage....that said I still have a medium egg I like for small cooks for just wife and I'

IMHO the pellet cookers are a sort of a smoker but sort of not and cannot come close to the heat needed for serious grilling.

At last count I Have the Weber Summit Charcoal, three Weber Kettles, a Weber 22 inch Smokey Mountain and some odds and ends

I dont have a problem at all.
[Reply]
Peter Gibbons 09:10 AM 01-10-2020
Originally Posted by F150:
I sold my BGE XL and bought a Weber Summit Charcoal. It does everything the egg can do with none of egg baggage....that said I still have a medium egg I like for small cooks for just wife and I'

IMHO the pellet cookers are a sort of a smoker but sort of not and cannot come close to the heat needed for serious grilling.

At last count I Have the Weber Summit Charcoal, three Weber Kettles, a Weber 22 inch Smokey Mountain and some odds and ends

I can completely understand and I can sympathize. I have a similar affliction.

I have two Kamado Joe smoker grills (Big Joe and a Joe Jr). The PID controller only works on the Big Joe but it does keep cools easy. I also have a Weber Summit 660 built in gas grill as well as a brand new DCS 30” gas grill. This is my second DCS grill. I sold the first one with my last house. I bought the Weber and it’s a good grill, but I was never really happy with it after having a DCS previously. All of this is really a temporary solution for me. We plan to move to a new house in the next year or two. Once that happens, I plan to build a full outdoor kitchen with an Alfresco appliance setup including a pizza oven. I think at that point, I should qualify for mental health coverage for my condition.
[Reply]
F150 11:11 AM 01-10-2020
Originally Posted by Peter Gibbons:
I can completely understand and I can sympathize. I have a similar affliction.

I have two Kamado Joe smoker grills (Big Joe and a Joe Jr). The PID controller only works on the Big Joe but it does keep cools easy. I also have a Weber Summit 660 built in gas grill as well as a brand new DCS 30” gas grill. This is my second DCS grill. I sold the first one with my last house. I bought the Weber and it’s a good grill, but I was never really happy with it after having a DCS previously. All of this is really a temporary solution for me. We plan to move to a new house in the next year or two. Once that happens, I plan to build a full outdoor kitchen with an Alfresco appliance setup including a pizza oven. I think at that point, I should qualify for mental health coverage for my condition.
No. The rest of the bastards are kooks. You are fine.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 12:33 PM 01-10-2020
I have my Pit Barrel Cooker, a 40" vertical NG smoker for sausage and cold smoke, my Stampede, an Akorn, and my Blackstone. I'm pretty well stocked.
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 12:48 PM 01-10-2020
Originally Posted by F150:

The New Rec-Tec Bullseye will get plenty hot for grilling!
Attached: 9CB8F384-DDD9-45E5-8312-292B4A961DF3.jpg (95.7 KB) 
[Reply]
candyman 04:23 PM 08-19-2020
About to pull the trigger on a Rec-Tec RT-590, but they're out of grill covers. Cant bring myself to let an electric grill sit out in the rain, anyone found a generic or universal cover that will fit this particular model?

On another note I REALLY wanted a Yoder but apparently they dont make the regular models anymore, just the wifi versions that cost $400+ more. I just cant get myself to spend an extra $400+ for a feature I have no desire to use.
[Reply]
Peter Gibbons 04:41 PM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn:
The New Rec-Tec Bullseye will get plenty hot for grilling!
Fat fingered the rep button and hit thumbs down by mistake. Cursed Slavic hands with sausage fingers.

The Rec-Tec is an awesome piece of equipment. If my wife wasn’t home all the time now I’d try to get one in the backyard without her noticing. Damn COVID!
[Reply]
srvy 07:10 PM 10-30-2021
Does anyone have the cold smoker attachment for Rectec 700 bull? I am thinking about it but oos right now.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:41 AM 08-17-2023
One of my Scuba students is moving, just bought this Louisiana Grills Black Label pellet smoker, used it 4 time, and sold it to me for $400. I haven't grilled or smoked anything on it, I've just done temperature checks (what the grill says vs. what my external probe(s) say), and so far I'm loving it... Bluetooth and Wifi, and all the probes are within 5 degrees once temp settles and the Auger isn't playing start-up or catch-up..

[Reply]
jdubya 10:06 AM 08-17-2023
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
One of my Scuba students is moving, just bought this Louisiana Grills Black Label pellet smoker, used it 4 time, and sold it to me for $400. I haven't grilled or smoked anything on it, I've just done temperature checks (what the grill says vs. what my external probe(s) say), and so far I'm loving it... Bluetooth and Wifi, and all the probes are within 5 degrees once temp settles and the Auger isn't playing start-up or catch-up..

Nice. Ive got the Yoder 640. Google "Malcom Reed How to BBQ right" and you'll see tons of great recipes and videos.

Dont throw away the old charcoal grill though......sometimes you just need to go back to old school grilling from time to time
[Reply]
tredadda 10:10 AM 08-17-2023

That’s a very good deal. You are gonna have to share what you made when you use it.
[Reply]
notorious 10:12 AM 08-17-2023

Be careful, I owned a Louisiana 10 years ago, and my brothers also. 2 of ours caught on fire, and the feed mechanism was shit.

I could never trust it to smoke, either.

Certainly the new one like you have fixed the old issues.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 11
« First < 678910 11 >
Up