ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 104
« First < 81415161718 192021222868 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid appreciation thread
Hammock Parties 10:51 PM 10-01-2018
The guy could easily have tried to pump his superstar QB by throwing on the goal line at the end of the game.

He did the smart thing and pounded it three times for the fucking win.

Word to your mother, Pete Carroll.

Oh, and he has mind control over the AFC West. 18-1 in his last 19.
[Reply]
tk13 01:52 AM 12-30-2019
This year marks the first time in Chiefs history the team has won 10+ games in 5 straight years.

The Chiefs had never won back-to-back division titles before Reid got here, now they've won 4 in a row.

Over the last 5 years, the Chiefs are now 27-3 against the division. The 3 losses all happened in the final 30 seconds of the game. Two of them in the last 5 seconds. (The Charles fumble against the Broncos, the Raiders PI game, and the Chargers 2 point conversion last year)

We will probably never see that kind of division domination ever again. It's like the Royals cyborg bullpen. You better enjoy it now.

The Chiefs have gotten a first round bye in 3 of the last 4 years. They had 3 first round byes in the previous 26 years in the current playoff format.

Obviously they need to finish the job but this is a long way from the 2-14 disaster the team was when he took over.
[Reply]
tk13 02:03 AM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by milkshock:
You must have missed Patrick’s 170 yard outburst then? That’s his 3rd sub 200 game in the last 6 weeks.

And you may also have missed the fact that the defense has been the leagues best the last 6 weeks, which coincidentally, is the exact length of our winning streak.
Passing yardage does not equal success. I have been shouting that for like a decade, if not longer. Russell Wilson about won two of them throwing for 200 a game. Ben Roethlisberger won two of them throwing for 198 and 206 a game before he became a gunslinger.

You want a top 10 defense and a QB you can trust to make big plays for you in the 4th quarter. We have both of those. It's time to take our shot.
[Reply]
philfree 02:13 AM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by tk13:
Passing yardage does not equal success. I have been shouting that for like a decade, if not longer. Russell Wilson about won two of them throwing for 200 a game. Ben Roethlisberger won two of them throwing for 198 and 206 a game before he became a gunslinger.

You want a top 10 defense and a QB you can trust to make big plays for you in the 4th quarter. We have both of those. It's time to take our shot.
Yes on your last two post! yes!
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:25 AM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Do better at what?
Preparing a team to play well for the entire game.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:31 AM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by PattyFlakes:
So? Do you honestly expect them to play like that at home, in the playoffs fresh off a bye week? A lot of posters here just have to find something to worry and bitch about.
Well I've spent quite a bit of time in Arrowhead, at many regular season and playoff games since 2000, so FUCK YEAH I've seen them lay an egg "in Arrowhead"! But thanks for the PTSD episode of those losses "in Arrowhead"!

Since I'm all too used to "because Chiefs" and "We'll learn from this" from Fat-Andy, I'm prepped for them to say that the bye week took them out of their rhythm if they lose...

Because Chiefs, because Andy, or just BECAUSE.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:51 AM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by milkshock:
Spags has basically turned this team into a 2 seed by force of will.

Andy in the meantime has made Mahomes look like Alex.
^^^^ Truth.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:54 AM 12-30-2019
Alot dipshits in this thread talking about Mahomes passing numbers...

Uh yeah... You call a different game when you have a decent defense...
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:58 AM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Alot dipshits in this thread talking about Mahomes passing numbers...

Uh yeah... You call a different game when you have a decent defense...
Score on special teams and a single play 84 yard run kind of minimized his attempts as well.

They obviously went into the game with a "B" game plan and figured they could still beat the Chargers and guess what, they did.

Idiots like Glory would be bitching if we won by 40 pts saying it was only because it was a team with nothing to play for and he should have saved some for the playoffs.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:22 AM 12-30-2019
Reid detractors don't even know what they fucking want. They can't identify one specific thing that Reid could do better.

You can do that with bad coaches. It's easy. With actual great coaches who you think are bad because Eagles fans laid eggs in your empty fucking skull, it's a lot more difficult because you never see the actual coaching taking place.

So all they got now are, "Why isn't Mahomes throwing for 300+ a game? Why aren't we winning every game by more than 2 TDs? Why did the team punt so many times?"

Like, do you fucktards look at preseason games and go, "The Chiefs didn't beat ________ easy team in preseason. That effort won't fly in the playoffs!"

No fucking shit.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:28 AM 12-30-2019
Reid is 4-1 in the playoffs off a bye.

We going to Baltimore ya'll.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:39 AM 12-30-2019
There is not a single coach in the NFL that I would rather have paired with Patrick Mahomes. Not a one. Not even Bill, whom I think would not be the best coach for Mahomes.

This defensive staff has done an incredible turnaround job in one season. I love me some Spags, and some Daly, and some Madison.

Detractors need to shut their pieholes. They're just wrong.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 10:46 AM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Score on special teams and a single play 84 yard run kind of minimized his attempts as well.

They obviously went into the game with a "B" game plan and figured they could still beat the Chargers and guess what, they did.

Idiots like Glory would be bitching if we won by 40 pts saying it was only because it was a team with nothing to play for and he should have saved some for the playoffs.
^^^^^This Kind of difficult for your QB to put up stats when those special plays happen.

Has Reid gotten a little too conservative with his play calling? Yes, but the results the last 6 weeks are nothing to complain about.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:49 AM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:

Ouch, you hurt my feels... But I'll bump your reply if we don't win the SB, just to hear you elaborate on what went wrong.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:50 AM 12-30-2019
Andy hired Veach and Dorsey. They are the reason we found and traded up
for Mahomes. Reid hired Spags and the defense has changed.

This is Andy’s best team ever. Yes it’s better than his Super Bowl team.

Now he has to deliver. He’s failed so many times in championship games. That has to change.

I’m mostly off Andy’s back for now, but he needs to get this team to Miami. There are no excuses.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:58 AM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Andy hired Veach and Dorsey. They are the reason we found and traded up
for Mahomes. Reid hired Spags and the defense has changed.

This is Andy’s best team ever. Yes it’s better than his Super Bowl team.

Now he has to deliver. He’s failed so many times in championship games. That has to change.

I’m mostly off Andy’s back for now, but he needs to get this team to Miami. There are no excuses.
I feel the same way. We were so close last year, but for his defense we would have been in the SB, but alas, he waited too long to fix a problem everybody but he could clearly see. But I agree, it has to come together this year, he's learned all the lessons he needs to learn, so he has no excuses for not at least getting us to the SB.

But I'm not going to get off his back, he doesn't operate properly when left alone. It would appear that he finds a buffet and forgets football.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 104
« First < 81415161718 192021222868 > Last »
Up