ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 52 of 53
« First < 2424849505152 53 >
Nzoner's Game Room>What's up with Mecole Hardman?
carcosa 06:00 PM 10-19-2020
Pringle was getting all the snaps down the stretch. Is he in the doghouse? (I'm only partially asking because I started him in fantasy thinking he'd get some looks with Watkins out)

Seems like he's regressed a lot this season, unfortunately...
[Reply]
dlphg9 05:27 AM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
and as I've stated before when your QB is running backward for most of the year because of a duct taped o-line the 3,4,5 WRs aren't going to put up big stats. I think it is a combination of Hardman not being a thorough student of the game and our o-line issues.
This doesn't even make sense. No teams number 3, 4, or 5 WR is going to put up big stats. Maybe occasionally a 3rd WR will put up "big" numbers, but that's not gonna happen on a team with a top 3 WR in the NFL who just happens to play TE. Pat not having protection isn't why Mecole didn't put up big numbers, Travis Kelce and Tyreek Hill getting 280 total targets and being just total and complete badasses is why Mecole didn't have big numbers.
[Reply]
olgaol3 02-18-2021, 12:03 PM
This message has been deleted by Bearcat.
RunKC 07:54 AM 03-31-2021
Was just thinking about the morons screaming “wE pASseD oN mEtCAlF” and looked back at and saw that the Eagles took JJ Arcega-Whiteside over DK Metcalf and Jalen Reagor over Justin Jefferson in back-to-back drafts :-)
[Reply]
kcbubb 08:10 AM 03-31-2021
Easy to miss on these wrs... I liked reagor coming out.
[Reply]
-King- 08:36 AM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Was just thinking about the morons screaming “wE pASseD oN mEtCAlF” and looked back at and saw that the Eagles took JJ Arcega-Whiteside over DK Metcalf and Jalen Reagor over Justin Jefferson in back-to-back drafts :-)
What does the fact another team missed badly have to do with anything :-). What a weird post to chose to bump this thread with.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:04 AM 03-31-2021
I do wonder if Hardman IS the plan to start outside.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:03 AM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Let's pray that is NOT the case.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:08 AM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
What does the fact another team missed badly have to do with anything :-). What a weird post to chose to bump this thread with.

Because I can’t think of a single time where one team took the best possible player with every single one of their picks. Hell, I can’t recall a single time where a single team took the best possible player in each of the first three rounds!

All this, “Boohoo wish we had Metcalf!” crap from Chiefs fans is embarrassing. We’ve got the best QB in football, and for my money, I’d rather have Tyreek than Metcalf.

So who the hell cares? There are balls awesome WRs in every draft. Pick a different one next year if the one you took isn’t the best of his class. Or, I don’t know... just admire the talent you’ve already got at the position, perhaps, and let your GM do his damn job?
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:25 AM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Let's pray that is NOT the case.
I hope he is. I'm still very much a Hardman fan and think he will shine given if he has a good or outstanding OTAs this year can make him a much better player. He needs coached and I think last year with missing out of OTAs set him back a bit. I could be wrong but I think Hardman will have a great year as our #2 WR and teams just won't be able to mach our speed on both sides and cover Kelce and worry about CEH in the backfield. Fuck yeah I think Hardman will step it up this year. He needs to step it up or get fucked.

I also think it never hurts to draft a WR to keep competition and no job safe.

Pringle can also step it up this year I'm stoked for him but another player that can benefit from OTAs that was lost out from last year.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:30 AM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
I hope he is. I'm still very much a Hardman fan and think he will shine given if he has a good or outstanding OTAs this year can make him a much better player. He needs coached and I think last year with missing out of OTAs set him back a bit. I could be wrong but I think Hardman will have a great year as our #2 WR and teams just won't be able to mach our speed on both sides and cover Kelce and worry about CEH in the backfield. Fuck yeah I think Hardman will step it up this year. He needs to step it up or get fucked.

Pringle can also step it up this year I'm stoked for him but another player that can benefit from OTAs that was lost out from last year.
I'm with you. Im not down on Hardman at all. I think his problem has been a lack of chemistry with Mahomes and knowing where to be in a zone and when to be there.

This crap about his route running or anything else like that is a bunch of boo-boo. All the skills are there. At times he seems aloof and his misses with Mahomes seem to be about knowing where to be rather than the ability to get there.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:35 AM 03-31-2021
Hardman lacks football IQ. He’s never on the same page with Mahomes
[Reply]
-King- 11:35 AM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Because I can’t think of a single time where one team took the best possible player with every single one of their picks. Hell, I can’t recall a single time where a single team took the best possible player in each of the first three rounds!

All this, “Boohoo wish we had Metcalf!” crap from Chiefs fans is embarrassing. We’ve got the best QB in football, and for my money, I’d rather have Tyreek than Metcalf.

So who the hell cares? There are balls awesome WRs in every draft. Pick a different one next year if the one you took isn’t the best of his class. Or, I don’t know... just admire the talent you’ve already got at the position, perhaps, and let your GM do his damn job?
I mean sure...but why bump the thread to point out another team fucked up worse :-)
[Reply]
-King- 11:38 AM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:

Players are fighting for the off season to mirror last years as much as possible lol
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:47 AM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Hardman lacks football IQ. He’s never on the same page with Mahomes
I wouldn't say never, he's made some big time plays for us. He just needs to be more consistent to be a real threat. The potential is still there and he is always a threat because he can make big plays for us.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:47 AM 03-31-2021
I'm sure that's the case, regardless of who we sign or who we draft.

Nobody that gets here in 2021 is going to know the offense like guys who have been here a year or two.

Anybody new is going to have to get up to speed.

Hardman I'm sure was hurt by the plague year of no OTA's and weird camp. He has all the ability, just wasn't always sure on his reads and so was sometimes not where Mahomes was expecting him to be. It's totally a coachable thing, and I expect him to improve this year.

I'm still down for drafting a WR, and early, as we need a Pringle sized guy but with more upside I think.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:49 AM 03-31-2021
I'm with you. Im not down on Hardman at all. I think his problem has been a lack of chemistry with Mahomes and knowing where to be in a zone and when to be there.

This crap about his route running or anything else like that is a bunch of boo-boo. All the skills are there. At times he seems aloof and his misses with Mahomes seem to be about knowing where to be rather than the ability to get there.
For me, my frustration has been when he doesn't connect with Mahomes on a broken down play, and then immediately afterward, Mahomes is yelling at him to just keep running.

Ever since Mahomes took over as starting QB, he's been telling all of his guys to just keep running no matter what, and in Hardman's 2nd season, I remember two or three distinct times on 3rd down where he didn't follow this rule.

Granted, I have no clue what it's like to be an NFL wide receiver, and what we hear from Mahomes being mic'd up in practice ("just keep running... I'll try to find you") probably sounds like a way simpler direction than it actually is to execute.
[Reply]
Page 52 of 53
« First < 2424849505152 53 >
Up