[Reply]
chinaski 05:22 PM 12-08-2020
Sammy Watkins is cool
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:23 PM 12-08-2020
I love Sammy he does everything but stays healthy
[Reply]
MahiMike 05:24 PM 12-08-2020
It appears this team has certain guys that just like to rest up during the season and then come on during the playoffs. If the team is ok w/that and we keep winning in the playoffs, guess that'll work.
[Reply]
alanm 05:24 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Never draft at one specific draft position to fill holes. Draft for value and try to build an overall draft profile that fills holes.
I always want BPA regardless of position in the top couple of rnds. What I'm saying is it would be nice to grab a few fatties and LB's be it FA or draft next spring. You have half a billion dollars invested at QB. It would be nice to be able to keep him upright.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:27 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by alanm:
I always want BPA regardless of position in the top couple of rnds. What I'm saying is it would be nice to grab a few fatties and LB's be it FA or draft next spring. You have half a billion dollars invested at QB. It would be nice to be able to keep him upright.
Dude, Mahomes is #24 on the list of QB Sacks Taken.

Mahomes has been sacked only 15 times this entire season.

Compare that to Carson Wentz and his 50 sacks taken so far or 40 sacks taken by Russell Wilson and so on.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:28 PM 12-08-2020

Gotcha. Tyler Linderbaum and Alijah Vera-Tucker are nice round 2-3 options that fit KC well... I want them both.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 05:29 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I could also see moving up to take Penn State TE Pat Freiermuth in the mid-20s. I'm not sure the value will be there on a WR (though if Pitts slips into the mid-teens, that would be worth it, IMO) in that range, but Freiermuth is really versatile and super athletic. He's a matchup nightmare AND an in-line blocking dynamo. He could give KC a major matchup advantage in 12 personnel and extend Mahomes' run with a great TE target far beyond Kelce's career.

I would be OK bringing Watkins back at a reasonable price (1/2 what he's making this year?) and drafting a guy with the skills to replace him after this season. I think the mid-round value in this draft is actually on WR and IOL, so it matches up nicely with what KC needs. Watkins for another year paired with someone like Marquez Stevenson while he develops looks pretty good to me.
A Kelce and Pitts combination wouldn't even be fair. Coach Reid would have so fun with that.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:36 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
A Kelce and Pitts combination wouldn't even be fair. Coach Reid would have so fun with that.
The problem with that idea, is it appears Andy isn't interested in having two TE1s on the field at the same time. He seems to be content with Kelce and a TE3. I'm sure he has great reasons for that, but you can't help but wonder "what if" . . .
[Reply]
Dante84 05:45 PM 12-08-2020
After reviewing the past couple pages, here's where I land.

If Watkins is cheap and he wants to re-sign for $2-4M + incentives, instead of uprooting his life and relearning an offense, while being paid $5-6M elsewhere, we bring him back for another year.

This allows us to:
- stay flexible early in the draft
- operate from position of leverage with FA WR's
- have a veteran that intimately knows the offense and has chemistry with Mahomes

If he wants big money, and can get it elsewhere, more power to him. If he's open to staying here on a discount, all the better.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:46 PM 12-08-2020
Grab them in free agency. They're not premium positions, so they're comparatively cheap.

Grab a couple in the mid rounds of the draft. This draft is going to be deep in IOL but doesn't really have any blue chip prospects.

The issue is precisely what you said - they have a half billion dollars invested in their QB. They're not going to be able to afford guys like Frank Clark, Chris Jones, Tyreek Hill, Eric Fisher AND Tyrann Mathieu going forward.

You have draft for value and it's by far the cheapest way to get high value positions like OT, DE/DT, CB, S, etc. You can get decent IOL and LB's lots of places without spending high-value collateral on them.
[Reply]
O.city 05:59 PM 12-08-2020
The cap is going up so much, they can afford whoever they want relatively speaking.

The interior OL is god awful. They were after Peat in free agency this last offseason so I’d say they will be looking again
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:02 PM 12-08-2020
Draft ALL the fatties.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:04 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
The problem with that idea, is it appears Andy isn't interested in having two TE1s on the field at the same time. He seems to be content with Kelce and a TE3. I'm sure he has great reasons for that, but you can't help but wonder "what if" . . .
We ran a ton of two-TE sets with Harris. Even last year with Bell with ran it quite a bit.

I think Keizer is atrocious and Reid knows it so he doesn't run it so much.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:04 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
The cap is going up so much, they can afford whoever they want relatively speaking.

The interior OL is god awful. They were after Peat in free agency this last offseason so I’d say they will be looking again
The cap isn't going up this year and the broadcast negotiations have been stalled due to COVID.

It's like some people expect Mahomes to never face any duress, which is completely unrealistic.
[Reply]
O.city 06:06 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The cap isn't going up this year and the broadcast negotiations have been stalled due to COVID.

It's like some people expect Mahomes to never face any duress, which is completely unrealistic.
It’ll not go down like they thought though, and the viewing numbers are so huge that deal will get done.

Duress is one thing. Running for his life is another.

They can’t keep it up like this on the interior OL. They may not need to spend a first rounder on it, but it needs some assets
[Reply]
Page 16 of 30
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up