ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2700 of 3903
« First < 1700220026002650269026962697269826992700 270127022703270427102750280032003700 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Chitownchiefsfan 09:26 AM 07-24-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
People will do some mental gymnastics to justify Lord Fauci. Regardless you can take away from this is that they suck to wear.
Everytime i read one of your posts my iq drops a few points. I'm basicallly drooling on my keyboard as i type this. Thanks for the irreparable damage you've done.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:27 AM 07-24-2020

[Reply]
Donger 09:30 AM 07-24-2020
People will do some mental gymnastics to justify Lord Fauci. Regardless you can take away from this is that they suck to wear.
No gymnastics are needed. It's expected of pete. And of you, it seems:

In an interview with Fox News, Fauci called the criticism “mischievous” and explained he was sitting with his wife and a friend, and removed his mask to take a drink of water.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:40 AM 07-24-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
No gymnastics are needed. It's expected of pete. And of you, it seems:

In an interview with Fox News, Fauci called the criticism “mischievous” and explained he was sitting with his wife and a friend, and removed his mask to take a drink of water.
And the fact that he's sitting with a whole two people outdoors, and the outlandishly wild assumption that him and his wife could be getting tested fairly often, and that everyone not living under a rock knows by now that the concern has always been and will continue to be the chance of spreading it among larger groups and particularly indoors, and....

Cartwheels!
[Reply]
petegz28 09:42 AM 07-24-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
And the fact that he's sitting with a whole two people outdoors, and the outlandishly wild assumption that him and his wife could be getting tested fairly often, and that everyone not living under a rock knows by now that the concern has always been and will continue to be the chance of spreading it among larger groups and particularly indoors, and....

Cartwheels!
Some of you need to lighten the fuck up. It's Friday. No surprise ?onger has it shoved far up his ass but you should know better
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:50 AM 07-24-2020
And I nailed it. Boom!
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:52 AM 07-24-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Some of you need to lighten the fuck up. It's Friday. No surprise ?onger has it shoved far up his ass but you should know better
I was responding to the "mental gymnastics" part, and just the fact that Fauci would have to justify himself in an interview.... the stupidity is hilariously sad.

I am appropriately lightened.

Sarcastic Celebration GIF from Billnye GIFs

[Reply]
Fish 09:52 AM 07-24-2020
Bad Fauci!!!!

Welp, everybody can throw their masks away now I guess....

[Reply]
Marcellus 09:54 AM 07-24-2020
Just a little FYI, I mentioned this a few weeks ago here. The need for a negative test for players (or employees) to come back is stupid as dead RNA from the virus can sometimes be detected for weeks after the person is healthy. It just adds to the pile of positive tests incorrectly. When I read MLB's initial plan requiring 2 negative tests to get back on the field I knew it was flawed out the gate.

From the Athletic-

Originally Posted by :
Kingery, now active, was an example of how an individual can continue testing positive for COVID-19 even while asymptomatic and not contagious. The virus’s tendency to leave a longer footprint in certain individuals prompted Major League Baseball and the Players Association to adjust their approach in similar cases, sources said. A player who repeatedly tests positive might not require back-to-back negative tests at least 24 hours apart if a joint panel of experts from the league and union, relying on an extensive set of criteria, clears him to play.

Yet even as the league adapts to new developments, its health and safety protocols remain on the stricter side. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recently recommended a symptom-based rather than test-based strategy for determining whether health-care professionals can return to work. The Professional Golfers Association (PGA), following CDC guidelines, also is employing a symptom-based approach, allowing players and caddies who test positive to return after they are asymptomatic for 72 hours and at least 10 days removed from when their symptoms first appeared.

“The general consensus even in some health-care facilities is yes, you can test positive for the virus and not be infectious,” said Dr. Zachary Binney, an epidemiologist at Emory University’s Oxford College. “There can be either dead virus or just genetic fragments of the virus that are still picked up by a test. But there isn’t actually a lot of live virus that you are shedding and is able to infect other people.”

[Reply]
Pants 09:55 AM 07-24-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:

:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:01 AM 07-24-2020
Originally Posted by :
But hours before Opening Day, Nationals star Juan Soto, one of the most promising young talents in baseball, received a positive test and there it was: all the challenges of a 60-game season summed up neatly, a sucker punch for Washington’s roster felt around baseball.

Except maybe it wasn’t. One positive test in an age of false positives with a virus we still know little about, meant Soto was quickly whisked off for more. The outfielder, who was asymptomatic, was frustrated but in good spirits. He was able to talk to teammates and talk on the phone on Thursday. He then tested negative for COVID-19 on follow-up rapid tests, sources told The Athletic.
Wow this is going to be an interesting baseball season. I still don't see how he tested positive being isolated for weeks so maybe it was a false positive.

Then throw in stories like this -

Originally Posted by :
ARLINGTON, Texas -- Texas Rangers outfielder Joey Gallo says he doesn't know if he actually had the coronavirus despite two positive tests, since he has never had any symptoms and also had multiple negative tests.

"I wish I had an answer," he said Saturday, a day after he was able to join the team. "I don't know. I really don't know."

Gallo said he planned to have a more extensive antibody test to be sure after a finger-prick test didn't indicate that he had COVID-19 at any point.

The 26-year-old All-Star slugger missed the first week of the Rangers summer camp and isolated from teammates for two weeks after two positive tests that sandwiched a negative result during intake testing. He had two negative tests on his own outside of the MLB testing program, but wasn't cleared to join the team until consecutive negative tests under the protocol.

[Reply]
kgrund 10:17 AM 07-24-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Just a little FYI, I mentioned this a few weeks ago here. The need for a negative test for players (or employees) to come back is stupid as dead RNA from the virus can sometimes be detected for weeks after the person is healthy. It just adds to the pile of positive tests incorrectly. When I read MLB's initial plan requiring 2 negative tests to get back on the field I knew it was flawed out the gate.

From the Athletic-
The INITIAL positive is the same thing. It could be dead RNA of virus that the immune system beat and the person is fully healthy, immune, and likely no threat of spread. This weakness in the test is not nearly talked about nearly enough.
[Reply]
Donger 10:18 AM 07-24-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I was responding to the "mental gymnastics" part, and just the fact that Fauci would have to justify himself in an interview.... the stupidity is hilariously sad.

I am appropriately lightened.

Pete in with the "I was just kidding around!"?

[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:18 AM 07-24-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:

Not seeing that glass of water.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:20 AM 07-24-2020
Bad Fauci!!!!

:-)
[Reply]
Page 2700 of 3903
« First < 1700220026002650269026962697269826992700 270127022703270427102750280032003700 > Last »
Up