ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 34 of 61
« First < 243031323334 3536373844 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Report: Orlando Brown requests trade from Ravens, wants to play LT
Sofa King 01:40 PM 02-10-2021
Moving on from Fisher? Probably not.

Cap room for him? Not really, but moves could be made.

Draft capital for him? Maybe, but we're awfully low in the draft.

Tunsil trade (For record-keeping purposes, the trade saw the Dolphins acquire first-round picks in 2020 and 2021 and a second-round pick in 2021 along with offensive tackle Julién Davenport and defensive back Johnson Bademosi in exchange for Tunsil, wide receiver Kenny Stills, a 2020 fourth-round pick and a 2021 sixth-round selection.)

https://www.nfl.com/news/orlando-bro...nts-to-play-lt

It only took the Ravens a little over a year to learn their selection of Orlando Brown was a wise one, but they've met a new challenge with the tackle that could be their last.

Brown has expressed his desire to be traded, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday. After spending the majority of 2020 on the left side in place of the injured Ronnie Stanley, Brown has found his comfort zone and does not want to return to the right side. He'll only play for a team that will line him up at his preferred left tackle position, per Rapoport.

Rapoport added the Ravens value Brown significantly and would need major compensation in order to do a deal.

Brown's background is on the left side, but he ended up in Baltimore as a right tackle after a poor pre-draft showing saw him slide from a first-round projection to an eventual third-round pick of the Ravens. He blossomed in 2019 and especially in 2020 after switching to the left side to replace Stanley, earning his second straight trip to the Pro Bowl -- and first as an initial selection. Thanks to Brown's quick adjustment to the left side of the line, Baltimore didn't lose much in offensive production following Stanley's injury, finishing as the league's No. 1 rushing offense for a second straight season.

Brown's success on the left side and desire to remain there might very well also be tied to the financial ramifications of the tackle position. As it currently stands, there is a $5 million per year difference between the league's highest-paid right tackle (Philadelphia's Lane Johnson) and left tackle (Green Bay's David Bakhtiari). Of the top 10 highest-paid tackles in the NFL (in terms of average salary per year), only two -- Johnson and Las Vegas' Trent Brown -- are right tackles.

Orlando Brown missed out on significant money typically afforded to first-round picks right around the moment when he racked the bar after just 14 bench-press reps during a nightmarish 2018 NFL Scouting Combine. He's made a little over $1.8 million in base salary total in his first three seasons, and though he will see a significant boost in 2021 (base salary of $3.38 million) due to the structure of his rookie deal, that's still an incredibly far cry from where tackles of his level land in compensation ranking.

After demonstrating his ability to effectively handle the transition from right to left tackle -- a return to his roots, essentially -- Brown is in a prime position to capitalize financially and beyond. He'll maximize his earning potential by remaining a left tackle, and he'll probably enjoy playing the game a bit more in a stance and vantage point that's more familiar to him, anyway.

If that doesn't fit in Baltimore, the Ravens will have to move him. And though this isn't exactly the best way to ensure maximum leverage in a deal, they'll probably still get a haul for him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:09 AM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Jenkins arms aren’t that short. ESPN has it wrong.
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yea those measurements on Jenkins arms are wrong and I could’ve sworn Cosmi’s were just 33”.
Yeah, that was ESPN.

Wolf Sports has Jenkins at 6'5 and 7/8" with 33.5" arms.

They have Cosmi at 6'6" with 33" arms.

Honestly, is half an inch that much? Jenkins may have a half inch on him but Jenkins lacks range in his lower body so he's still going to have trouble setting the edge against guys with speed or length.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:10 AM 04-15-2021
You didn’t answer my question buddy!

How would you feel about that trade?
I’d probably be fine with it.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:10 AM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yeah, that was ESPN.

Wolf Sports has Jenkins at 6'5 and 7/8" with 33.5" arms.

They have Cosmi at 6'6" with 33" arms.

Honestly, is half an inch that much? Jenkins may have a half inch on him but Jenkins lacks range in his lower body so he's still going to have trouble setting the edge against guys with speed or length.
I don’t think that makes much of a difference personally, but if the Chiefs do want 33.5” and up, then it’s a possibility that it does make a difference for them.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:10 AM 04-15-2021
You didn’t answer my question buddy!

How would you feel about that trade?
I'd feel like the Chiefs panicked. I'd much rather have Spencer Brown in the 2nd than trading up for Jenkins. I'm just not that high on Jenkins at all. I think he'd really struggle in Andy's offense. Andy doesn't give chip help and Mahomes likes to drop and drop and drop. Jenkins' lower body is going to fail in that scenario.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:12 AM 04-15-2021
I'd feel like the Chiefs panicked. I'd much rather have Spencer Brown in the 2nd than trading up for Jenkins. I'm just not that high on Jenkins at all. I think he'd really struggle in Andy's offense. Andy doesn't give chip help and Mahomes likes to drop and drop and drop. Jenkins' lower body is going to fail in that scenario.
Man, see this is where we strongly disagree.

I for one really like Jenkins, and I don’t think that would be a “panic” move at all. I think you would only see it that way because you don’t like it. Which is fine, I can understand not liking it, but to call is a “panic” move? I think that’s a stretch.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:12 AM 04-15-2021
If Jenkins falls to 31....it’s one thing. I’d much rather take Brown or Little in the 2nd but that’s just my opinion.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:13 AM 04-15-2021
Man, see this is where we strongly disagree.

I for one really like Jenkins, and I don’t think that would be a “panic” move at all. I think you would only see it that way because you don’t like it.
To be perfectly honest, I don't think the Chiefs would ever pick him. He doesn't look like a good fit at all.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:17 AM 04-15-2021
The Chiefs are in a situation that there isn’t a lot that they can do in the first round that is going to upset me. Outside of QB, RB, OG, C, K and P....I’m pretty much fine with whatever they choose to do.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:19 AM 04-15-2021
To be perfectly honest, I don't think the Chiefs would ever pick him. He doesn't look like a good fit at all.
Again, strongly disagree there, and I think there’s enough smoke to say the Chiefs probably do as well.
[Reply]
O.city 10:24 AM 04-15-2021
I’m not a Jenkins fan either

If I’m trading up just blow it out and get darrisaw

Other wise just pick someone else at 31 or 62
[Reply]
staylor26 10:27 AM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I’m not a Jenkins fan either

If I’m trading up just blow it out and get darrisaw

Other wise just pick someone else at 31 or 62
htismaqe, if this doesn’t make you strongly reconsider your position, I don’t know what will!

:-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:39 AM 04-15-2021
htismaqe, if this doesn’t make you strongly reconsider your position, I don’t know what will!

:-)
I actually agree with him.

If we really think we have to trade up, just go get Darrisaw and be done with it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:41 AM 04-15-2021
Again, strongly disagree there, and I think there’s enough smoke to say the Chiefs probably do as well.
Maybe the Chiefs are changing their philosophy a bit, that's certainly a possibility. But I look at guys like Eric Fisher and the thought process on Jenkins would have to be a lot different to make him a fit. He's like the anti-Fisher.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:46 AM 04-15-2021
Maybe the Chiefs are changing their philosophy a bit, that's certainly a possibility. But I look at guys like Eric Fisher and the thought process on Jenkins would have to be a lot different to make him a fit. He's like the anti-Fisher.
Yea Jenkins is much more power than Fisher, but he handles speed A LOT better than Fisher handles power. That’s the difference for me.

So I understand what you’re trying to say, but I don’t think you’re giving Jenkins enough credit at the same time. Again, go back and watch Jenkins completely shut out Ossai if you think speed will be that much of an issue for him.

I’d love to have a self described “big nasty motherfucker” at LT.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:55 AM 04-15-2021
Any news about a potential trade for Brown?
[Reply]
Page 34 of 61
« First < 243031323334 3536373844 > Last »
Up