ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 24
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fisher has a Achilles injury
ShowtimeSBMVP 08:36 PM 01-24-2021

T Eric Fisher is out with an achilles injury.

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) January 25, 2021

tough break for Chiefs and Fisher. They'll play in Super Bowl without either starting tackle. https://t.co/O4KR9KJ65r

— Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) January 25, 2021

[Reply]
tmax63 11:22 AM 01-25-2021
He won't be ready until late next year if at all.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:22 AM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
Will Fisher be ready for start of next season with a torn Achilles?

Sucks for him, sucks for us.
It is like a 7-9 month recovery so he may have to start the season on the PUP list.
[Reply]
Kman34 11:23 AM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by tmax63:
He won't be ready until late next year if at all.
That’s what I fear.. some guys never recover fully..
[Reply]
tmax63 11:28 AM 01-25-2021
Average NFL return timetable is 11 months. I just Googled it for my own information. And up to 1/3 never return but some of that is marginal players or older players that don't want to go through the rehab etc.
[Reply]
kgrund 11:28 AM 01-25-2021
Major question in the offseason I am guessing will be Veach's thoughts on how effective of a LT Fish can be post Achilles. If enough doubts are there, it is within the realm of possibility that the Chiefs could cut both tackles in the offseason. It would create major cap space, but major holes as well.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:29 AM 01-25-2021
I don’t see how you can hang onto him with the hopes that he can MAYBE return late in the year at that salary. With this already being his last year under contract I think now is possibly the time to go young at tackle. Letting him go clears $12 million in much needed cap room.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:30 AM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
I don’t see how you can hang onto him with the hopes that he can MAYBE return late in the year at that salary. With this already being his last year under contract I think now is possibly the time to go young at tackle. Letting him go clears $12 million in much needed cap room.
They'd still need some kind of stop gap.

You can't go completely young because Niang is essentially a rookie next year. You can't go into the season with two rookie tackles.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:32 AM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

You can't go completely young because Niang is essentially a rookie next year. You can't go into the season with two rookie tackles.
I'm assuming Remmers returns and they go bargain shopping.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:33 AM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I'm assuming Remmers returns and they go bargain shopping.
Yep.

Bring back Remmers, bring Niang into the fold... if Schwartz is gone, might need to draft another OT in the first few rounds.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:34 AM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Yep.

Bring back Remmers, bring Niang into the fold... if Schwartz is gone, might need to draft another OT in the first few rounds.
Prince Tega Wanogho is a wildcard here, lots of people thought he had second round talent, his medicals killed him.
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:38 AM 01-25-2021
This definitely adds a deeper layer of interest to the draft and free agency, Veach is gonna have to wizard up another offseason miracle
[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:39 AM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

I agree. I think you bring Remmers back, look for a fully healthy Rankin to hopefully compete somewhere, and maybe also find another stopgap option. I think you then look to take a tackle somewhere in the 1-4 range. Personally I'd like to see them trade down from the #32 pick if the opportunity presents itself to accumulate some extra picks.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:41 AM 01-25-2021
Mentioned this in the draft subforum...Jason Peters would be a nice stop gap LT. He’s old but he’s still in great shape and would really only be needed for 1 season at the most. Fisher could possibly be back by November or December.

He’s an Andy Reid guy. Andy did trade for him in Philly. Bet he’d love the chance to be here with Andy and Patrick.
[Reply]
nychief 11:43 AM 01-25-2021
More worried about the super bowl at the moment. Next year will figure itself out... in Veach we trust.
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:49 AM 01-25-2021
I know this would be extremely temporary, but Jason Peters (Eagles OT) says he wants to play one more year. He just turned 39, but he's still reasonably productive. He says he wants to try and get another ring before he retires - a pretty good opportunity in KC. Could provide some nice depth?
[Reply]
Page 9 of 24
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up