ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 100
« First < 45678 91011121858 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>CBS: The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs
diqlix 09:12 AM 01-04-2021
Mentions the Chiefs several times, so figured you guys would want to see it.

The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs

Forget the Ravens. Forget the Bucs. The team you don't want to play in January is the Buffalo Bills.

With all due respect to the Packers, the AFC's No. 2 overall seed may very well be the second-best team in the NFL.

The Bills crushed the Dolphins 56-26 in a game Miami needed for their playoff hopes. And maybe we didn't see a 30-point win coming, but it's in line with what the Bills have been doing to teams in recent weeks.

Buffalo has had a top-five scoring defense since Week 12. If not for the Hail Murray they would have finished on a 10-game win streak dating back to before Halloween.

And then there's Josh Allen. The third-year franchise quarterback has, in consecutive weeks, set the Bills single-season records for passing touchdowns and passing yards.

What I love most about the Bills is that they aren't even letting teams hang around. Since that Week 10 loss to the Cardinals, not a single team has finished within a possession of the Bills.

I go back to that Week 6 loss to the Chiefs. Head coach Sean McDermott picked his poison and let the Chiefs' run game beat them up so that Patrick Mahomes wouldn't. Kansas City rushed for 245 yards and Mahomes passed for 225 yards.

But with about 5 minutes left in the game and down 23-17, the Bills forced a Clyde Edwards-Helaire fumble that would have given the Bills the ball at the Kansas City 31.

They would have had a chance to take the lead against the Chiefs there. But instead, the replay showed Edwards-Helaire's knee was down just before the ball came out. Mahomes took the Chiefs down for the field goal and that provided the final margin of victory.

Allen is a better quarterback today than he was then. The defense is playing far better ball. And after sweeping the Patriots and beating the likes of the Seahawks and Steelers, the Bills now know how to win big games.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...insider-notes/
[Reply]
O.city 12:16 PM 01-04-2021
Buffalo is definitely playing the best entering the playoffs. I'd rather avoid them, but I'd always rather avoid the best teams. Why wouldn't you?
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:17 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by warpaint*:
Tremendous

Ty for being here
:-)

Dedication!
[Reply]
warpaint* 12:21 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
No one cares, no one is scared of the Bills. Your troll game is weak.
Is it?

Look it’s clearly thinly veiled and the same babble regurgitated but it’s gotten him seven pages today and many more in the other Bills thread.

Ppl keep falling for it
[Reply]
CoMoChief 12:22 PM 01-04-2021
Bills or Titans are prob #2 and #3 teams heading into post-season.
[Reply]
DRM08 12:27 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

Compare that with how Mahomes handled adversity, coming from behind in 3 straight postseason games to snatch victory.

My money's on Mahomes until shown otherwise.

Heck, the Chiefs came from behind to take the lead on the Patriots as well. That's with the best defensive coach ever on the other side, a defense that later shut down the 30 ppg Rams offense to only 3 points total in the Super Bowl. Dee Ford bailed out both Brady & Belichick.

So the Chiefs offense had 4 straight playoff games where they came back from double digit deficits to take the lead with less than 5 minutes to go in the game. I would prefer to see them get off to a faster start in the playoffs this year, but we know they are capable of pulling off some pretty great comebacks.
[Reply]
PHOG 12:29 PM 01-04-2021
:-)
[Reply]
Chief Northman 12:30 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Bills or Titans are prob #2 and #3 teams heading into post-season.
Titans defense is swiss cheese. Ravens will fuck em up.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:30 PM 01-04-2021
BUF is obviously the best team out of the AFC not named the Chiefs. That said, they still need to win a playoff game before anyone takes them seriously. Until then, they're just another 'hopeful' entrant, as opposed to legit contender.

Personally though, I fully expect them to beat IND. The Colts are going in hamstrung by the fallibility of Rivers and the fact that somehow they can't run the ball consistently. Though the Bills inability to stop the run might erase the Colts troubles in that area. If they can run effectively, and not have Rivers throw 40+ times, IND has a legit shot at taking BUF down.

But I just don't see that happening.
[Reply]
carcosa 12:31 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by warpaint*:
Is it?

Look it’s clearly thinly veiled and the same babble regurgitated but it’s gotten him seven pages today and many more in the other Bills thread.

Ppl keep falling for it
Change ur thread display settings
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 12:32 PM 01-04-2021
Einstein was too smart to be a Buffalo Bills fan.

The Colts are on paper our toughest matchup in the first playoff game, but I hope they beat Buffalo for shits and giggles.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:32 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
BUF is obviously the best team out of the AFC not named the Chiefs. That said, they still need to win a playoff game before anyone takes them seriously. Until then, they're just another 'hopeful' entrant, as opposed to legit contender.

Personally though, I fully expect them to beat IND. The Colts are going in hamstrung by the fallibility of Rivers and the fact that somehow they can't run the ball consistently. Though the Bills inability to stop the run might erase the Colts troubles in that area. If they can run effectively, and not have Rivers throw 40+ times, IND has a legit shot at taking BUF down.

Yep.

It all comes down to the Buffalo defense. The Chiefs have trouble running the ball consistently and we saw what they did to Buffalo.

If Indy can get the running game going, Buffalo is in trouble.
[Reply]
Toad 12:33 PM 01-04-2021
High degree of confidence that this Chiefs team will not look ahead and only be focused on the immediate upcoming game.

If and/or when we play the Bills...bring them on!

You gotta beat the champs to be the champs!
[Reply]
DRM08 12:34 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

Never would have expected to see the Chiefs run for almost 250 yards against Buffalo, so it's certainly possible for the Colts to have some pretty good success in that area.
[Reply]
scho63 12:41 PM 01-04-2021
I predict this game as my upset special: Colts shock Bills in Buffalo

Rivers has one more fleeting moment of glory
[Reply]
warpaint* 12:47 PM 01-04-2021
Rivers lol
I’ll believe that when I see it
[Reply]
Page 8 of 100
« First < 45678 91011121858 > Last »
Up