ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 100
< 123 45671353 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>CBS: The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs
diqlix 09:12 AM 01-04-2021
Mentions the Chiefs several times, so figured you guys would want to see it.

The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs

Forget the Ravens. Forget the Bucs. The team you don't want to play in January is the Buffalo Bills.

With all due respect to the Packers, the AFC's No. 2 overall seed may very well be the second-best team in the NFL.

The Bills crushed the Dolphins 56-26 in a game Miami needed for their playoff hopes. And maybe we didn't see a 30-point win coming, but it's in line with what the Bills have been doing to teams in recent weeks.

Buffalo has had a top-five scoring defense since Week 12. If not for the Hail Murray they would have finished on a 10-game win streak dating back to before Halloween.

And then there's Josh Allen. The third-year franchise quarterback has, in consecutive weeks, set the Bills single-season records for passing touchdowns and passing yards.

What I love most about the Bills is that they aren't even letting teams hang around. Since that Week 10 loss to the Cardinals, not a single team has finished within a possession of the Bills.

I go back to that Week 6 loss to the Chiefs. Head coach Sean McDermott picked his poison and let the Chiefs' run game beat them up so that Patrick Mahomes wouldn't. Kansas City rushed for 245 yards and Mahomes passed for 225 yards.

But with about 5 minutes left in the game and down 23-17, the Bills forced a Clyde Edwards-Helaire fumble that would have given the Bills the ball at the Kansas City 31.

They would have had a chance to take the lead against the Chiefs there. But instead, the replay showed Edwards-Helaire's knee was down just before the ball came out. Mahomes took the Chiefs down for the field goal and that provided the final margin of victory.

Allen is a better quarterback today than he was then. The defense is playing far better ball. And after sweeping the Patriots and beating the likes of the Seahawks and Steelers, the Bills now know how to win big games.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...insider-notes/
[Reply]
arrwheader 10:08 AM 01-04-2021
Remember last year when the Ravens were blowing out teams in the regular season?

Then the playoffs happened and whoof.

Yea doesn't fucking matter.

Next hot take.
[Reply]
arrwheader 10:10 AM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by daquix:
I agree that the Chiefs are the team to beat. Out of curiosity? If beating a team, means you’ll do it again. Doesn’t that mean that the Raiders were better than the Chiefs after they beat them the first game, and that the Raiders should have won the second game too?
Lol nice reach.

The chiefs destroyed the bills it wasn't even really close all game. Raiders competed with the Chiefs. The built their team to beat us and did it once and then sucked against most other teams.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:14 AM 01-04-2021
The book is written on Josh. I bet he completes less than 55 percent of his passes this postseason.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 10:15 AM 01-04-2021
Mentions the Chiefs several times, so figured you guys would want to see it.

The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs

Forget the Ravens. Forget the Bucs. The team you don't want to play in January is the Buffalo Bills.

With all due respect to the Packers, the AFC's No. 2 overall seed may very well be the second-best team in the NFL.

The Bills crushed the Dolphins 56-26 in a game Miami needed for their playoff hopes. And maybe we didn't see a 30-point win coming, but it's in line with what the Bills have been doing to teams in recent weeks.

Buffalo has had a top-five scoring defense since Week 12. If not for the Hail Murray they would have finished on a 10-game win streak dating back to before Halloween.

And then there's Josh Allen. The third-year franchise quarterback has, in consecutive weeks, set the Bills single-season records for passing touchdowns and passing yards.

What I love most about the Bills is that they aren't even letting teams hang around. Since that Week 10 loss to the Cardinals, not a single team has finished within a possession of the Bills.

I go back to that Week 6 loss to the Chiefs. Head coach Sean McDermott picked his poison and let the Chiefs' run game beat them up so that Patrick Mahomes wouldn't. Kansas City rushed for 245 yards and Mahomes passed for 225 yards.

But with about 5 minutes left in the game and down 23-17, the Bills forced a Clyde Edwards-Helaire fumble that would have given the Bills the ball at the Kansas City 31.

They would have had a chance to take the lead against the Chiefs there. But instead, the replay showed Edwards-Helaire's knee was down just before the ball came out. Mahomes took the Chiefs down for the field goal and that provided the final margin of victory.

Allen is a better quarterback today than he was then. The defense is playing far better ball. And after sweeping the Patriots and beating the likes of the Seahawks and Steelers, the Bills now know how to win big games.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...insider-notes/

No one cares, no one is scared of the Bills. Your troll game is weak.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:17 AM 01-04-2021
Colts are going to upset the Bills. National media on a team junk normally seals their fate.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:18 AM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Geez, that's a little over the top, don't you think?
People wish death all the time on fellow Chiefs fans on here, doing so against a shit stain from the fanbase that's known for table diving isn't really all that bad.
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:24 AM 01-04-2021
I say, bring it on! I hope like hell we get to face the Billies in the AFCCG. Nothing would be sweeter than knocking those shit stains back to a long, hard, cold Buffalo Winter off-season.
[Reply]
Straight, No Chaser 10:26 AM 01-04-2021
I’m sure there will be plenty of snark in this thread, but I think the article is true.

The Chiefs would still be favored, as they should be, but if you were to give Andy Reid the CHOICE - would you rather play Buffalo, or a weaker team like the Browns, Steelers, etc - I think he would definitely choose someone other than Buffalo.
Do you really think this is what Andy Reid is thinking about? Myopia abounds in Bills land.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:29 AM 01-04-2021
Hard to dispute. Josh Allen looks like a completely different QB this year. It is also important to note that his QBR was almost identical to Mahomes this year.

And if you want to see improvement and a progression just look at Josh Allen. Every year he's gotten significantly better.

===QB Rating===
2018 67.9
2019 85.3
2020 107.3
[Reply]
TribalElder 10:29 AM 01-04-2021
We should revisit this article after next weekend

Just to make sure the bills are still in the playoffs
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:32 AM 01-04-2021
Frank Reich (a.k.a. QB of arguably the Bills most memorable postseason win in their franchise's history) now potentially preventing the Bills from winning their first playoff game in 26 years, in their first home playoff game in 25 years.

That will be rough.
[Reply]
notorious 10:35 AM 01-04-2021
I’m sure there will be plenty of snark in this thread, but I think the article is true.

The Chiefs would still be favored, as they should be, but if you were to give Andy Reid the CHOICE - would you rather play Buffalo, or a weaker team like the Browns, Steelers, etc - I think he would definitely choose someone other than Buffalo.
And, given the choice, would Buffalo rather play the Chiefs or anyone else in the NFL?

This is the playoffs, and I understand why you are excited, but it's completely different.

If riding blowout waves led to wins in the playoffs the Chiefs would have stomped the Pats a few years ago.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:39 AM 01-04-2021
Still hasn't answered for being a frontrunning trash talking douche. Were you just out of town for 9 years?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:39 AM 01-04-2021
This is going to end super well. :-)
[Reply]
DRM08 10:42 AM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
If riding blowout waves led to wins in the playoffs the Chiefs would have stomped the Pats a few years ago.
And the Ravens would not have flopped so hard in the playoffs last year. They were dominating the league during the final stretch of the regular season.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 100
< 123 45671353 > Last »
Up