ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 72
< 12 34561252 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Most Teams ‘Not Interested’ in Chiefs’ Eric Bieniemy
Mephistopheles Janx 02:37 AM 12-30-2020
https://heavy.com/sports/kansas-city...5-o3CPAb3Zxeek

Originally Posted by :
On a previous episode of the PFN Weekly show, Allbright mentioned that Eric Bieniemy is “a titleholder who relays the play calls in but doesn’t make the play calls very often.”

“Andy Reid’s doing the play calling. Like 99 percent of the time Andy Reid is doing the play calling, he designed the offense, all of that stuff.”

Allbright has also mentioned that Bieniemy’s previous interviews have been poor. These poor interviews have likely caused him to fall out of consideration for certain positions in the past. Allbright mentioned that some teams with vacancies aren’t all that interested in Bieniemy. These historical poor interviews could be a big reason why.

[Reply]
RedRaider56 07:19 AM 12-30-2020
USA Today had a great article today that highlights all the reasons EB SHOULD be considered for a HC opportunity
https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/sp...ks/4022532001/
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:20 AM 12-30-2020
I speculated that maybe he was a poor interviewer and got trashed last season. And i still believe that he may be being hurt by Nagy and Pederson as much as whether or not he calls plays or not. The wheels are falling off ofr Pederson without elite talent, and Nagy had one flash in the pan season and can only seem to temporarily right the ship when he changes qbs for a week or two. Teams may see that and think the magic is mostly big Andy and be nervous about turning the keys to a franchise thats already in dismay over.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 07:23 AM 12-30-2020
I think Houston hires him.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:39 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I think Houston hires him.
God, if i was him id need minimum 5 year contract and locked into it pretty good. That franchise has a long road ahead with so few quality picks.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 07:45 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by Chargem:
Andy will just say at a presser this week that EB has called plays for the offense this year.
The 1 time shot could backfire. I think Childress did it with nothing to lose
[Reply]
DRM08 07:54 AM 12-30-2020
He can’t be any worse than guys like Adam Gase or Matt Patricia.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:10 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
God, if i was him id need minimum 5 year contract and locked into it pretty good. That franchise has a long road ahead with so few quality picks.
They have a damn good QB though and that's half the battle for a new HC
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:12 AM 12-30-2020
How do we know he doesn’t call the plays that everybody bitches about?
[Reply]
wazu 08:17 AM 12-30-2020
Probably not a great look if Kafka gets a head coaching job and Bienemy doesn’t.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:19 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
They have Watson. That's a pretty important piece of the puzzle.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:30 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
He can’t be any worse than guys like Adam Gase or Matt Patricia.
True but he may not interview well at all.

Its an interesting story because frankly outside of the locker-room and meeting rooms who knows how qualified Bienemy really is? He may interview like shit. OC may be his ceiling. :-)

Players are notoriously bad evaluators of coaches historically. Romeo Crennel is absolutely loved by his players for example, so was Gunther Cunningham.

The Peter Principle States if you continue to get promoted eventually almost everyone is promoted past their capabilities. We see this all the time in the NFL.
[Reply]
Jerok 08:31 AM 12-30-2020
Yeah coaches have built quality teams for years and gotten fired because they have Dwayne Haskins for QB. Having a top QB already under contract is huge, give any coach 3 or 4 years and they can rebuild that roster, but as a new coach you'd want at least that much time with such few draft capital. Start a firesale this offseason starting with JJ Watt.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 08:49 AM 12-30-2020
Doesn't matter all it takes is one team to be interested and he is gone.
[Reply]
Jerok 08:51 AM 12-30-2020
I just want those 2 3rd round picks when he leaves!
[Reply]
In58men 08:53 AM 12-30-2020
When did Heavy and USAToday become a sports source?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 72
< 12 34561252 > Last »
Up