ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3209 of 3903
« First < 2209270931093159319932053206320732083209 32103211321232133219325933093709 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
tooge 03:24 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
This thing is so rough on the elderly, I think you gotta start there.
I was talking about this with a patient today. As she mentioned, her mom is in a long term care facility and is in poor health. She is 84 years old and has COPD and dementia. Her concern is that her mom gets the vaccine, gets the "flu like symptoms" from it that some reports say can suck pretty bad for a day or two, and then she dies from it.

So, my only issue with the elderly first is to really consider how safe it is with elderly with co morbidities. Has anyone seen any data on the testing for this subgroup of people?
[Reply]
vailpass 03:26 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Nah. If you aren't departing with the gift of Covid you will just be departing with something else. It's expected.
It's not for my protection, it's for all their kids. Strippers are essential too.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:30 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
It's not for my protection, it's for all their kids. Strippers are essential too.
Plus, they're more likely to be super spreaders. Of a sort.
[Reply]
vailpass 04:24 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Plus, they're more likely to be super spreaders. Of a sort.
^
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 04:38 PM 11-30-2020
My dad was just admitted to the hospital. I don't know anything more than that.
[Reply]
DaFace 04:40 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan:
Damn. :-)

Thinking of you. Best of luck.
[Reply]
Pants 04:43 PM 11-30-2020
I'm so sorry, man. I hope he pulls through. Thoughts and prayers your way.
[Reply]
Marcellus 04:47 PM 11-30-2020
Good luck man.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 04:50 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I think the way prioritization should work is that you build a model of life expectancy losses by demographics. You build a first-order model to look at life expectancy changes for people who get it, and then you add a second-order effect to account for their impact on others. Whoever has the biggest expected losses gets it first, and then you work down the list.

For example, you look at an 85 year-old in a nursing home. What is the likelihood of that person getting it, and how many years of life do they lose? Who can they spread it to, and how many years would those people lose?

Now you do the same thing for a health care worker. What's their likelihood of getting it, and how many years do they lose? Who can they spread it to?

Just build categories and work down the list. You can keep expanding the categories as you go to get more precision.
FWIW, an age and propensity-matched study earlier this year estimated that the average person that died of COVID-19 lost 10 years from their life expectancy.
[Reply]
vailpass 04:52 PM 11-30-2020
Best wishes for a full and swift recovery.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 04:57 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
There's no evidence that the vaccine will work long term nor is there any evidence that it does not have any deleterious side effects.
There is plenty of evidence that it doesn't have deleterious side effects, but if you are arguing in bad faith, are a moron, or both, you can always extend the long-term potential for side effects long enough to say, "We're not sure," especially when you've been posting (and completely transparently hoping) for months about how lockdowns will never end because it fits your "woe is me," view of the world.

Go watch some old videos of concentration camps, Tutsis getting hacked to death with machetes, or just kill yourself if you want to get your jollies on suffering and misery, because you're a worthless motherfucker that adds nothing to this thread.
[Reply]
Pants 05:07 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
There is plenty of evidence that it doesn't have deleterious side effects, but if you are arguing in bad faith, are a moron, or both, you can always extend the long-term potential for side effects long enough to say, "We're not sure," especially when you've been posting (and completely transparently hoping) for months about how lockdowns will never end because it fits your "woe is me," view of the world.

Go watch some old videos of concentration camps, Tutsis getting hacked to death with machetes, or just kill yourself if you want to get your jollies on suffering and misery, because you're a worthless motherfucker that adds nothing to this thread.
Dude, it's so much easier to just

[Reply]
TLO 05:16 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
Dude, it's so much easier to just

Whatever happened to Smed? Haven't seem him around in ages.
[Reply]
penguinz 05:21 PM 11-30-2020
My results came back negative. I guess that is good.

Not sure I believe it 100%. I have never felt the way I felt when being sick before. Maybe it was all mental.
[Reply]
TLO 05:47 PM 11-30-2020
Keep us updated. Good vibes heading your way.
[Reply]
Page 3209 of 3903
« First < 2209270931093159319932053206320732083209 32103211321232133219325933093709 > Last »
Up