ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3203 of 3903
« First < 2203270331033153319331993200320132023203 32043205320632073213325333033703 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 09:54 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Define "real" in the context of your statements? I think this is where the disconnect is, very very few people believe its not real, many people still think its not as dangerous as being portrayed. Thats not the same thing.

Right in the post from IA_Chiefs_fan he says his dad didn't believe it was real but also said his dad claimed to have already had it last November.

Get what I am saying? So you need to define what "its not real" actually means.
Yeah, I'm not really certain what my dad believes lol. I guess he thought it was just the flu?? But yesterday he got hit harder than he ever has with the flu.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:57 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Sorry man but thats how conversations go in DC. No interest in going down that road. See The Pete and Donger debates for pages in this thread.

Wheres your evidence? How do you define "real"? With all due respect, I just don't want to get into those conversations.

I said these reports are anecdotal which means its not a fact so I'm not having a conversation about defining "real" for something thats not a fact.
I have zero idea what DC has to do with this. I am asking an honest and sincere question. When you make a comment like many people don't think its real, it would seem important to define what that means because I dont think its how you are using the term.

It sounds much like the claim is many people still think the virus doesn't actually exist and thats something I disagree with. Yea maybe a very very small %. The truth is many people think its overblown and thats something thats been debated from the start. That dos not = thinking its "not real". Many older people think of it like many other things they have survived in their lifetime and dont want to drastically change their lives over it. Thats somewhat understandable as well even if its a bad idea.

But it sure sounds better to just claim a ton of people think its all fake and we all know why people make that claim.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:58 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
When someone posted somepne in their family didn't think Covid is real it was followed by many posters calling BS. Then for pages you had posters say, my neighbor, uncle, friend and even my dad think it was fake.

Its all anecdotal but there is also reputable polls. Okay so polls can be wrong.

There is obviously a significant portion on the USA that doesn't think Covid is real. We don't know how large but why the denial it even exists. People believe misinformation every single day, why would this be different?
The point wasn't whether some people think its real. Its that there is now an interesting amount of what looks like Covid propaganda that the media reports with little digging.

The South Dakota nurse got a CNN appearance.

As someone who was already skeptical of lockdowns and government overreach these Covid morality tales only make me MORE skeptical.

This reminds me of the WMD in Iraq. Once I realized the media was pushing for it I started reading non US media because I stopped trusting what I was reading here in the US.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 10:12 AM 11-29-2020
My dad never wears a mask. His main reason is he saw a video on Facebook saying they were dangerous and causing people to pass out. I never could get him to understand. Would a mask have kept him from getting COVID? Honestly, probably not with the way he was still socializing, shopping, going to restaurants with friends etc. But it MIGHT have. It might have also reduced the viral load and increased his odds of pulling through more easily. It might have also reduced the number of people he likely infected. Covid in a 78 year old man with heart and other health complications is concerning.

Besides loving my dad and wanting him to be okay, I'm personally frustrated as well. My wife and I have chosen to significantly alter our lifestyle due to COVID to protect people just like my dad, yet many of them are just making things worse. We haven't been in a restaurant or with friends indoors since March. We've elected to miss out on family Thanksgiving and Christmas stuff that we're pretty sure the rest of the family will still have. I want nothing more than to hug every single one of my and my wife's family members. I don't pretend to have the answers. Everything just sucks until next summer. Oh, and I'm still extremely worried about my mom with dementia in assisted living too.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:18 AM 11-29-2020
I have zero idea what DC has to do with this. I am asking an honest and sincere question. When you make a comment like many people don't think its real, it would seem important to define what that means because I dont think its how you are using the term.

It sounds much like the claim is many people still think the virus doesn't actually exist and thats something I disagree with. Yea maybe a very very small %. The truth is many people think its overblown and thats something thats been debated from the start. That dos not = thinking its "not real". Many older people think of it like many other things they have survived in their lifetime and dont want to drastically change their lives over it. Thats somewhat understandable as well even if its a bad idea.

But it sure sounds better to just claim a ton of people think its all fake and we all know why people make that claim.
DC is his go-to excuse when he gets called on saying something that isn't accurate. I have seen him say millions of people think it's a hoax and what not and now suddenly it's anecdotal.

I think we know there are people out there who don't think it is real but as you said, of the "hoax crowd" most just think it isn't as dangerous as they are told.
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:18 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan:
My dad never wears a mask. His main reason is he saw a video on Facebook saying they were dangerous and causing people to pass out. I never could get him to understand. Would a mask have kept him from getting COVID? Honestly, probably not with the way he was still socializing, shopping, going to restaurants with friends etc. But it MIGHT have. It might have also reduced the viral load and increased his odds of pulling through more easily. It might have also reduced the number of people he likely infected. Covid in a 78 year old man with heart and other health complications is concerning.

Besides loving my dad and wanting him to be okay, I'm personally frustrated as well. My wife and I have chosen to significantly alter our lifestyle due to COVID to protect people just like my dad, yet many of them are just making things worse. We haven't been in a restaurant or with friends indoors since March. We've elected to miss out on family Thanksgiving and Christmas stuff that we're pretty sure the rest of the family will still have. I want nothing more than to hug every single one of my and my wife's family members. I don't pretend to have the answers. Everything just sucks until next summer. Oh, and I'm still extremely worried about my mom with dementia in assisted living too.
Its definately a frustrating situation. I live in the middle of redneck America and I know a bunch of families who chose to either not have their family Thanksgiving or have it way scaled down. My family included. We usually have a huge Thanksgiving the Sunday before the actual holiday with 50+ people. Ended up only having immediate family over, my 71 year old dad and step mom chose to stay home.

Hope the vaccine gets here ASAP.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 10:20 AM 11-29-2020
It will end up in a lawsuit like when that lady spilled coffee on herself and a jury gave her 10 million for it.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:22 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
The point wasn't whether some people think its real. Its that there is now an interesting amount of what looks like Covid propaganda that the media reports with little digging.

The South Dakota nurse got a CNN appearance.

As someone who was already skeptical of lockdowns and government overreach these Covid morality tales only make me MORE skeptical.

This reminds me of the WMD in Iraq. Once I realized the media was pushing for it I started reading non US media because I stopped trusting what I was reading here in the US.
It's beyond the CNN Nurse story. Which was complete and total bullshit I might add.

But let's just go through recent history..

Mayor of D.C. exempts herself from quarantine
Mayor of Chicago celebrates in the streets
Mayor of Denver travels for Thanksgiving
Governor of CA has fancy dinner with no masks indoors with a lot of people
Brooklyn official has huge indoor party with no masks

Then these same people and their like tell everyone else not to have Thanksgiving or travel for Thanksgiving, etc.

Now what do you suppose people say when they get told one thing but see the people telling them the one thing doing another?

The CNN story was a crock of shit and everyone knows that.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:26 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan:

I have 4 parents (divorced family obviously). 3 in their mid-60's and one their 70's. I had the Covid talk with all of them and surprisingly all of them said the same thing to me.

"I'm not living what might be the last of my days in hiding" or something very similar to that.

Now they wear masks and stuff when they go out but that's their general view and for the most part it's the same view of other people I have talked too that's their age and older.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 10:31 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I have 4 parents (divorced family obviously). 3 in their mid-60's and one their 70's. I had the Covid talk with all of them and surprisingly all of them said the same thing to me.

"I'm not living what might be the last of my days in hiding" or something very similar to that.

Now they wear masks and stuff when they go out but that's their general view and for the most part it's the same view of other people I have talked too that's their age and older.
I get that. My dad never said that to me. He just kept referring back to some FB video about how dangerous masks were.
[Reply]
Otter 10:39 AM 11-29-2020
Define "real" in the context of your statements? I think this is where the disconnect is, very very few people believe its not real, many people still think its not as dangerous as being portrayed. Thats not the same thing.

Right in the post from IA_Chiefs_fan he says his dad didn't believe it was real but also said his dad claimed to have already had it last November.

Get what I am saying? So you need to define what "its not real" actually means.
I don't really take into account anyone who says it isn't real at this point but they are using the statistics of "new covid cases" to scare the population. Covid does not equal death. Many like myself are stating that this is being blown out of proportion.

My wife is an ER nurse and thinks the same thing.

Let's take into account the list of NFL players with COVID.

Spoiler!

Now, how many died or were even hospitalized?
[Reply]
O.city 10:40 AM 11-29-2020
Clearly the general public has a lot in common with nfl players from a physical and health standpoint.

I mean, come on
[Reply]
O.city 10:41 AM 11-29-2020
Plus those are close contacts. They didn’t all have covid
[Reply]
Otter 10:45 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I finally got my test back today and I’m positive just like I thought. Sucks not being able to go anywhere but oh well.

I feel more fatigued and still sweat a lot but really not too bad. Wife is fine too. Breathing is still different but nowhere near bad by any account.
Any issues with taste?
[Reply]
Otter 10:49 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Clearly the general public has a lot in common with nfl players from a physical and health standpoint.

I mean, come on
OK, how about Marcellus' kids or RunKC's family or all the others in this thread that are dealing with it?

Do you think it's really as bad as govt and media are making it out to be? "New cases" is a very, very broad term at this point and is being used to manipulate the population.
[Reply]
Page 3203 of 3903
« First < 2203270331033153319331993200320132023203 32043205320632073213325333033703 > Last »
Up