ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2036 of 3903
« First < 1036153619361986202620322033203420352036 203720382039204020462086213625363036 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaFace 01:18 PM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Actually I do not think we have learned much in that area. Its been known to be droplet spread from the get go I believe. What do you think has changed?
Our understanding of the size of droplets it can spread in has changed. We now know that it can travel in much smaller droplets than we originally knew. Big droplets fall to the ground quickly, so masks don't really matter. Small droplets can travel further, so having a mask to get in the way can help to prevent them from traveling as far.
[Reply]
O.city 01:18 PM 05-13-2020
369 of the deaths are from St Louis city & county. KC has 16.
Is it largely from nursing homes up there or what? I can't find any info
[Reply]
Monticore 01:18 PM 05-13-2020
Actually I do not think we have learned much in that area. Its been known to be droplet spread from the get go I believe. What do you think has changed?
I think asymptomatic spread was the main reason for the change and also what they were doing initially wasn’t working so they modified it.

Also the fear of hoarding which would have made it hard for hospitals to acquire them. My wife is still having a hard time getting N95 and prices have tripled if not more.
[Reply]
eDave 01:19 PM 05-13-2020
The temperament of this thread is shit.
[Reply]
TLO 01:21 PM 05-13-2020
369 of the deaths are from St Louis city & county. KC has 16.
What about the areas around KC?
[Reply]
DaFace 01:21 PM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Where did I purport it was recent? The fact is, he said this. It is common sense that your mask will get cross-contaminated unless you are doing everything 100% correct.

I am not trying to mislead anyone.
You posted a video from 2-3 months ago, uploaded with a date of 4 days ago, with a description that "Dr Fauci now says no masks." Your own caption in this thread was "Fauci says mask are useless!" when his current stance has changed entirely, and anyone who has paid any attention at all would know that.

If you can't see how that is misleading, I can't help you.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:23 PM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
What about the areas around KC?
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:24 PM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
He doesn't say they are useless at all.
He states that it might make people "feel" better" but they should Not be walking around with a mask on.

It is a placebo- meaning useless- according to his own words.

If he has flipped a 180- great- but why did he say this?
[Reply]
Donger 05-13-2020, 01:25 PM
This message has been deleted by Donger. Reason: Dup
Donger 01:26 PM 05-13-2020
He states that it might make people "feel" better" but they should Not be walking around with a mask on.

It is a placebo- meaning useless- according to his own words.

If he has flipped a 180- great- but why did he say this?
He said it might stop a droplet. Therefore, it's not useless.

He also says "right now." I don't know when this video was taken, but I'd be willing to bet it was before we confirmed community spread and asymptomatic transmission.
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:31 PM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
You posted a video from 2-3 months ago, uploaded with a date of 4 days ago, with a description that "Dr Fauci now says no masks." Your own caption in this thread was "Fauci says mask are useless!" when his current stance has changed entirely, and anyone who has paid any attention at all would know that.

If you can't see how that is misleading, I can't help you.
The point is- he did a detailed interview- 65 days ago and specifically said- mask do not help. 7 out of 10 people not wearing them in public obviously believe this.

The media are the ones that scared everyone into the mask thing- not Fauci.

It is no wonder people question his credibility when he flip flops on something so basic as the usefulness of a mask during a pandemic.
[Reply]
Lzen 01:36 PM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Just wear a mask. You'll be fine.
:-)
[Reply]
Lzen 01:39 PM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Hey if you're bored you can have the day I've had for the last 24 hours, gas company at my house, gas being turned off and on, eventually turning it off at the meter, realizing a couple of my joins to my water heater and furnace are leaking gas fixing those then find out a valve is leaking so having to turn it off again...

So hey that will all go a long way to giving you something to do.
I feel for you, brother. At my old house, we had an old concrete porch replaced with a wooden deck. The guys doing the demolition must have hit the gas line because when we got home, we could smell the natural gas. Had to have the gas company come out. They shut off our gas and, of course, would not turn it back on until we had a plumber out to fix it. :-) Luckily, this was in September so we didn't need it for heat, but still a pain in the butt.
[Reply]
Monticore 01:40 PM 05-13-2020
The point is- he did a detailed interview- 65 days ago and specifically said- mask do not help. 7 out of 10 people not wearing them in public obviously believe this.

It is no wonder people question his credibility when he flip flops on something so basic as the usefulness of a mask during a pandemic.
There are people higher up than him that have flip flopped since the beginning.
[Reply]
Lzen 01:41 PM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:

Greta Thunberg? WTF? CNN is a joke.
:-)
[Reply]
DaFace 01:41 PM 05-13-2020

None of this is true, but you don't seem to care about that.
[Reply]
Page 2036 of 3903
« First < 1036153619361986202620322033203420352036 203720382039204020462086213625363036 > Last »
Up