ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 132 of 173
« First < 3282122128129130131132 133134135136142 > Last »
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 03:57 PM 01-24-2017
Originally Posted by FlintHillsChiefs:
You're a Rasmussen? Small world.
No, I just picked that name because Rasmus sounds like the kind of guy who can swing an axe, although Ragnar could whip me easily! My Danish family name was Christensen until they got a large farm and then became Vestergaard. Here in the USA, they spell it wrong: Westagard. It's not really a title, but it means Western Farm, so that meant my family had the largest farm in that area. There are Eastern Farms, Northern Farms, and Southern Farms, too, but Vestergaard seems to be more common a name from what I have seen.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 11:47 PM 01-24-2017
I just read a report on my last biopsy and I can't decipher 90% of it since it's all medical speak. One part said that the tumor in my liver was not malignant, I think. Or was the stuff in there not malignant? Groan. SOMETHING is not malignant and I know malignant means bad. I don't know if I should get excited over this news or not, but the potential is there for it to be good if not great news. Now if the cancer in my lungs would just piss off. It can take a hike with the stuff swelling up my lymph nodes, too, for that matter.

I suppose I won't know much more before I see the doc on February 8th, however. I've still got my faith in God and that this is in His hands and part of the plan for me. If I end up cured or it is how I check out of this world, I've got to keep my faith that it is what should be and whenever I make it to the other side, I will be told why I had this burden and then it will make perfect sense to me.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:10 AM 01-25-2017
Praying for good news for you, Ed.

Keep your head held high!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 02:03 PM 01-25-2017
Ok, now it is straightened out. What I got was my doctor's sign off report on the first biopsy, so it's not the last one. The nurse called and said those results are still out.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:38 PM 01-25-2017
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
I just read a report on my last biopsy and I can't decipher 90% of it since it's all medical speak. One part said that the tumor in my liver was not malignant, I think. Or was the stuff in there not malignant? Groan. SOMETHING is not malignant and I know malignant means bad. I don't know if I should get excited over this news or not, but the potential is there for it to be good if not great news. Now if the cancer in my lungs would just piss off. It can take a hike with the stuff swelling up my lymph nodes, too, for that matter.

I suppose I won't know much more before I see the doc on February 8th, however. I've still got my faith in God and that this is in His hands and part of the plan for me. If I end up cured or it is how I check out of this world, I've got to keep my faith that it is what should be and whenever I make it to the other side, I will be told why I had this burden and then it will make perfect sense to me.

Hang in there Ed , you're right God has a plan and do you know what, part of it may be the inspiration you've given so many here on this site. at some point and time many of us will develope a type of cancer and every one of us will think about your story and how inspiring it is.
Many people are diagnosed with cancer waay too late and given weeks to live. You were put in this place at this time for a reason. We all love you and most of us if not all pray for you.I do. The Chiefs are giving you a SB win before you're done and it ain't gonna happen with Alex smith so you know you got bunches of time left.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 10:37 PM 01-26-2017
Thanks so much. There are two or three on here who don't love me, but that's nothing new to me! All the support I have gotten and am getting from so many of you is truly humbling and I can't thank you all enough.
[Reply]
Kman34 10:47 PM 01-26-2017
Thanks so much. There are two or three on here who don't love me, but that's nothing new to me! All the support I have gotten and am getting from so many of you is truly humbling and I can't thank you all enough.
Who are these two or three jerkoffs?? I will hunt them down for you....Don't dwell on any negativity.. you can never tell what the tide could bring in...
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:51 PM 01-26-2017
Fuck those guys
[Reply]
Lumpy 10:53 PM 01-26-2017
You're good people, Ed. Keep up the fight, sir! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 06:54 AM 01-27-2017
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Who are these two or three jerkoffs?? I will hunt them down for you....Don't dwell on any negativity.. you can never tell what the tide could bring in...
I used the ignore option on them, so it's not a problem. Well, a few years back one of them did to me after neg repping me because I didn't think the Alaska pipeline was all that bad of an idea. He sent me a nasty message and then blocked me so I couldn't reply. Such courage... lol
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 07:00 AM 01-27-2017
Name these people and we will turn the Dallas squirt gun teacher loose on them.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 07:06 AM 01-27-2017
Keep fighting the good fight.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 07:15 AM 01-27-2017
Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop:
Name these people and we will turn the Dallas squirt gun teacher loose on them.
They are irrelevant to me and don't affect my life at all. The rest of you matter and make a difference in my life, and that is what is important to me.
[Reply]
threebag 07:31 AM 01-27-2017
Keep kicking that ass Ed.
[Reply]
scho63 12:42 PM 01-27-2017
Originally Posted by threebag02:
Keep kicking that ass Ed.
Your AVI gets me everytime! :-)
[Reply]
Page 132 of 173
« First < 3282122128129130131132 133134135136142 > Last »
Up