ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2478 of 4797
« First < 1478197823782428246824742475247624772478 247924802481248224882528257829783478 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
alanm 07:52 PM 05-03-2020
Originally Posted by :
Elway: "We were kind of giggling in the draft room" about what might happen when Wolfe & Bolles grapple in practice.
That it would carry over to the shower or what? :-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:56 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I'd imagine their fans were pretty excited when he started out 2-1....kind of like Donko fans right now.

How long do you stick with a rookie QB after you know he's not going to be good enough?

If I were a GM...first full season as a starter is a wash. After the 2nd full season..you know. That's 32 games....if they haven't shown it, they wont.

Teams spend way too much time hoping their QB will become something they arent...
We went 2-1 with Matt fuckin' Moore.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:14 AM 05-04-2020
Raiders and Broncos saw Andy killing them with speed weapons in 11 personnel getting open. Now they want to copy to prop their QB’s up
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:10 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
And while you should treat first years from rookie starters as a wash, sometimes you just know it's not going to work out after year one.

I just don't see Dwayne Haskins' dinking and dunking at Ohio State turning him into a franchise QB.
I'm surprised Rivera didnt take Tua @ #2...he didn't draft Haskins so had no ties to him.

It was kind of of a no lose situation...Haskins was a need pick after Smith went down. You dont get those chances very often...

I'll take a potential franchise QB over a pass rusher 10 times out of 10...

Will be interesting to follow those two...to see if I would be fired as a GM....hah

QB would be my sole priority...you're not doing shit without one.
[Reply]
Valiant 11:04 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I'd imagine their fans were pretty excited when he started out 2-1....kind of like Donko fans right now.

How long do you stick with a rookie QB after you know he's not going to be good enough?

If I were a GM...first full season as a starter is a wash. After the 2nd full season..you know. That's 32 games....if they haven't shown it, they wont.

Teams spend way too much time hoping their QB will become something they arent...
Meh, certain QBs need guidance or the right system to unlock their potential.
[Reply]
Halfcan 02:10 PM 05-04-2020
Donks might end up beating us in a few years if they ever get a good QB, a good coach, GM, Owner, stadium and get rid of the ghey uniforms.

Until then...the streak continues.
[Reply]
tredadda 03:18 PM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
We went 2-1 with Matt ****in' Moore.
This is why we will continue to dominate the AFCW. We have both the best QB by far but we also have the best HC by far.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:19 PM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Donks might end up beating us in a few years if they ever get a good QB, a good coach, GM, Owner, stadium and get rid of the ghey uniforms.

I don't see any of that happening.
[Reply]
BlackOp 04:16 PM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:

Sooo... essentially if they burn their entire franchise to the ground.

I, personally, like Horceface's approach...get average coaching talent and bring in average QBs. Start over every year or two when it doesn't work.

You know he has a 2022 calendar with a giant red circle on it, a picture of Rodgers on his desk...and speed dial set up with his HGH connect.

The only way the Donks are going to catch the Chiefs is if Andy's heart explodes and Mahomes pursues a MLB career....
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:38 AM 05-08-2020
Week 1, Sept. 14: vs. Titans (Monday Night Football)
Week 2, Sept. 20: at Steelers
Week 3, Sept. 27: vs. Buccaneers
Week 4, Oct. 1: at Jets (Thursday Night Football)

Yes, they start off at home again, but 3 of the first 4 are road games, and tough games, so the majority of you should be happy there. I don't mind it as I like late home games.

At this point, I would say 2-2 is their best case and they could go 1-3. I don't see them losing all 4, nor do I see them winning 3 of 4. I think they lose @ PIT and possibly the Bucs or Jets. I believe they'll win at home in week 1.

Week 5, Oct. 11: at Patriots
Week 6, Oct. 18: vs. Dolphins
Week 7, Oct. 25: vs. Chiefs
Week 8: BYE
Week 9, Nov. 8: at Falcons

They have the week 8 bye between the KC game in Denver and road trip to ATL. That's a decent midseason bye. Who knows what to make of the Patriots at this point or ATL really for that matter.

I think 2-2 is a lock here and they potentially go 3-1. It's going to be very difficult to beat KC, I have no false hopes there. Anything could happen and they will have had 6 games under their belt, but I'll stick with 2 as the floor and 3 as the top end because I do think they have the talent and ability to win @ NE, vs MIA and @ ATL.

Week 10, Nov. 15: at Raiders
Week 11, Nov. 22: vs. Chargers
Week 12, Nov 29: vs. Saints
Week 13, Dec. 6: at Chiefs (Sunday Night Football)

This one is a lock for 2 losses (KC and NOS). The Raiders visit will not be an easy game, but I will say they beat the Chargers in Denver. As much as I hate it, I'll say this is a 1-3 performance with a best case of 2-2

Week 14, Dec. 13: at Panthers
Week 15, Dec. 19/20: vs. Bills
Week 16, Dec. 26/27: at Chargers
Week 17, Jan. 3: vs. Raiders

I think they end well, question is what shape is the young team in if they indeed struggle to maintain .500 in the first 12 games?
I think 3-1 is a safe bet here, winning @ CAR and vs the Bills and Raiders in Denver. I'll say they lose @ Chargers, but you could easily flip the results for Chargers or Bills.

Overall, this looks like an 8-8 which is kinda what one would expect. They're going to win/lose a game or two that should go the other way, always happens. If I were to wager a prediction, I'll stick with 9-7 as they should be the underdogs more often than not, but there are a number of games that I have pegged as losses like Bucs @ Denver, @ PIT, KC in Denver, @ Raiders, @ Chargers... just need 1-2 of them to go the other way.

There you go... flame away and tell me why it's looking like a 3-13 campaign.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:16 PM 05-08-2020
Can’t really disagree with much. Denver seems like an 8-8 team. Could see 6-10 or 7-9. Could also see 9-7 and maybe even 10-6, with a LOT of luck and challenging for a WC spot (extra playoff spot now and all).

Reasonable non-homeristic take.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:40 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Can’t really disagree with much. Denver seems like an 8-8 team. Could see 6-10 or 7-9. Could also see 9-7 and maybe even 10-6, with a LOT of luck and challenging for a WC spot (extra playoff spot now and all).

Reasonable non-homeristic take.
Yeah, not sure I’m a fan of the extra playoff spots. It’s not like a lot of strong teams were consistently missing out. It’s a money play for sure.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:48 PM 05-08-2020
Only good defense Lock played was against us and he was awful. Week 2 on the road against that Steelers D will tell a lot.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:10 PM 05-08-2020
Okay, I'll play.

Week 1, Sept. 14: vs. Titans W
Week 2, Sept. 20: at Steelers L
Week 3, Sept. 27: vs. Buccaneers L
Week 4, Oct. 1: at Jets W

DEN mauled TEN last season, don't see TEN solving DEN without the benefit of OTAs, mini-camp, possibly no training camp. Steelers D will carry the day. In spite of TB12's problems in Denver, Tampa Bay's defense does enough to eke out a win. Jets gonna Jet and give this one away.

Week 5, Oct. 11: at Patriots L
Week 6, Oct. 18: vs. Dolphins W
Week 7, Oct. 25: vs. Chiefs L
Week 8: BYE
Week 9, Nov. 8: at Falcons W

Bill and the Patsies gonna make Lock see ghosts. Fitz-magik gonna fizzle out early in this one. Chiefs roll. ATL is a house of cards, DEN exploits an aging Matt Ryan and an inconsistent Dan Quinn.

Week 10, Nov. 15: at Raiders W
Week 11, Nov. 22: vs. Chargers L
Week 12, Nov 29: vs. Saints L
Week 13, Dec. 6: at Chiefs L

Raiders gonna Raider, especially with Carr still at the controls, and no real pass rush. Chargers will unleash Bosa and Ingram, and Lock spends most of the game running for his life. NO will copy the Chargers plan of chasing Lock out of the pocket, and have the advantage of a better offense. Chiefs cruise.

Week 14, Dec. 13: at Panthers W
Week 15, Dec. 19/20: vs. Bills W
Week 16, Dec. 26/27: at Chargers L
Week 17, Jan. 3: vs. Raiders W

DEN will take care of business against a Panthers team that is in full rebuild mode. Bills Suck. Chargers will double down. Raiders, probably with just 5 wins, will be in full tank mode, gives this one away.

So 8-8. It should be noted that there are several games that could easily go either way. The Titans do have a good pass rush and secondary, and could ruin DEN's opener easily. Fitz-Magik is nearly impossible to predict. The Bills are going to have a very good pass rush and that might easily make the difference against a young and still inexperienced Lock and DEN's OL.

Best case scenario DEN goes 8-8, and that would be something for them to build on in 2021. Probably they lose one of the games listed above and end up 7-9, which for them is still respectable, all things considered.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:11 PM 05-08-2020
Denver 2 out of 3 at home in September....again
[Reply]
Page 2478 of 4797
« First < 1478197823782428246824742475247624772478 247924802481248224882528257829783478 > Last »
Up