ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 31
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Media Center>Disney+: WandaVision
keg in kc 05:06 PM 09-21-2020
I didn't think I wanted to watch this. Then the trailer premiered last night.

[Reply]
Buehler445 01:33 PM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I haven't read comics since the early days of Dark Horse, and never read Marvel comics.

Absolutely amazing.
Then you need to pull a Buehler445 and watch dork videos.

Yeah. They’re doing a fantastic job with many aspects of this.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:33 PM 02-13-2021
More and more convinced this is the best thing they have produced thus far in the MCU. Hoping they don't disappoint in the final stretch and I'm sure they won't based on what we've seen so far.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:39 PM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
More and more convinced this is the best thing they have produced thus far in the MCU. Hoping they don't disappoint in the final stretch and I'm sure they won't based on what we've seen so far.
We will see what happens.

Ultimately
Spoiler!

So this is a one off thing unless they keep the hex permanently.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:53 PM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

Ultimately
Spoiler!
Maybe.

That's the thing about the comics: No one's ever truly dead and nearly every one of them has been "brought back to life" one way or another throughout the years.

That's pretty much why I lost all interest in comics around age 12 or 13 because even I realized at a young age that if no one's really dead, there's nothing really at stake.

If their new characters and films don't connect with audiences the way that Phase I, II and III have, Marvel's biggest challenge will be to resist the urge to bring back dead characters in order to have that broader appeal and of course, that box office success.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:56 PM 02-13-2021

Ultimately
Spoiler!

I’ve been wondering what they will end up doing with Vision specifically all season. You’d obviously like to figure out some way to revive him permanently for the purposes of the MCU, but it has to make sense within the show’s construct.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:59 PM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I’ve been wondering what they will end up doing with Vision specifically all season. You’d obviously like to figure out some way to revive him permanently for the purposes of the MCU, but it has to make sense within the show’s construct.
One aspect of Endgame that never made sense to me is that before trying to extract the Mind Stone in Wakanda, Bruce made the plea that Vision is made up a complex network, including part Tony, part Bruce, part Ultron and part of the Mind Stone. He went on to say that "If we remove the Stone, maybe the best parts of Vision still remain".

So, with that being the case, and Bruce & Tony surviving The Snap, why didn't they at least attempt to bring Vision back? Why was he stored in a warehouse for 5 years?

Why didn't they make an attempt to revive him without the Mind Stone?
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:47 PM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
One aspect of Endgame that never made sense to me is that before trying to extract the Mind Stone in Wakanda, Bruce made the plea that Vision is made up a complex network, including part Tony, part Bruce, part Ultron and part of the Mind Stone. He went on to say that "If we remove the Stone, maybe the best parts of Vision still remain".

So, with that being the case, and Bruce & Tony surviving The Snap, why didn't they at least attempt to bring Vision back? Why was he stored in a warehouse for 5 years?

Maybe I misremembered this, but didn’t they say that it was Vision’s request in his will or whatever?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:58 PM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Maybe I misremembered this, but didn’t they say that it was Vision’s request in his will or whatever?
Yes, that was mentioned in the series, although I found it to be a weak explanation.

Tony & Bruce created Vision, neither of whom went missing for 5 years, so I find it really difficult to believe that they wouldn't have at least tried to bring him back without the Mind Stone. I'm sure Tony had a backup somewhere of Vision's mind and then after repairing the damage, could have at least attempted to upload his mind into the reanimated body.

It just doesn't make sense to me.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:11 PM 02-13-2021

Why didn't Vision backup his consciousness like Ultron which is what I thought they were using for his ability to exist in Wanda's fantasy construct
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:56 PM 02-13-2021
Yes, that was mentioned in the series, although I found it to be a weak explanation.

Tony & Bruce created Vision, neither of whom went missing for 5 years, so I find it really difficult to believe that they wouldn't have at least tried to bring him back without the Mind Stone. I'm sure Tony had a backup somewhere of Vision's mind and then after repairing the damage, could have at least attempted to upload his mind into the reanimated body.

It just doesn't make sense to me.
I think a big part of it is the avengers were broken after IW. Tony went off the fucking radar and did the farm life like him and cap talked about. Banner dove into figuring out the hulk thing. They were just beaten.

Some of it might be a matter of physics. They’ve said a bunch of times the infinity stones are like pure energy and they may not have been able to come up with that kind of juice. Arc reactor and all.
[Reply]
Fish 04:43 PM 02-13-2021

Ultimately
Spoiler!

I agree with Dane on this...

Spoiler!

[Reply]
staylor26 05:39 PM 02-13-2021
This show is phenomenal and so many people gave up after a couple episodes

:-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:44 PM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
I agree with Dane on this...

Spoiler!
There are so many ways to bring people back from the dead in the MCU that I'll be shocked if they don't bring back a few at some point in the timeline.

I'm also half expecting them to use their Time Machine at some point so that Captain America (Chris Evans) can return to his current age by pushing time through him, as they did with Scott Lang in their initial experiments in Endgame.
[Reply]
DaFace 05:56 PM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
This show is phenomenal and so many people gave up after a couple episodes

:-)
Critiquing is not giving up. I seriously doubt many people stopped watching.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:00 PM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Critiquing is not giving up. I seriously doubt many people stopped watching.
I took it similar to a Netflix show meaning if the plot or narrative doesn't become intriguing by the 4th episode then it'll suck to the end
[Reply]
Page 14 of 31
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up