ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 125 of 153
« First < 2575115121122123124125 126127128129135 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
staylor26 07:06 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Nah.

Spoken like someone who doesn’t “get” the transgender thing (and who struggles with it as a grammarian) but who does have a family member he loves who is trans, whom he has talked with this at length about to try to understand and be supportive and loving (all my family member wants).

The pronoun issue IS perceived as transphobic when people willfully mock it or refuse to acknowledge preference. That’s what her tweet - written remarks - did.

It comes across like an attack of their identity.
If you want to say she “mocked” them, I’d agree. “Transphobic remark” implies something different.

Also, she did it in response to the Twitter mob trying to force her to put pronouns in her bio. Who are they to tell a woman what to do on her Twitter?

I find it hilarious that the same people that want to tell people they aren’t allowed to have an opinion because of skin color, gender, or sexual orientation are the same ones trying to dictate how everybody else speaks and acts to the point of telling them what they must do in their own Twitter bio.

There’s no logical consistency here from their side, and you don’t get to tell me or anybody else what they can or can’t have an opinion on just because you choose to bow to them.

I have a trans family member as well. I don’t have a problem with trans people at all.

I’d go as far as to say that most of the people that get outraged about this kind of stuff aren’t even trans anyways. It’s just FLWNJ’s. Those are the people I take issue with, regardless of skin color, gender, or sexual orientation.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:35 AM 02-19-2021
This shit isn't even 'political' anymore, so much as it is psychological.

Language is a consensus for communication. It's an evolution of vocal vibrations into commonly agreed meaning.

Here you have two incompatible concepts;
The right of every person to determine and express what is acceptable or offensive to them
And the consensus of all as to the meaning of expressions.

Asserting that some speech [ambiguously defined] is offensive to an assertive group, and that no one else has any say in the merits of that assertion, is weaponization of language.

This is true at one level when you say 'don't broach this subject.' It gets exponentially more valid and pressing when you delve into 'you must broach this subject, and further must do it in this particular manner.'

Your point is 'expression of pronouns' is important for some people. But that doesn't mandate it be important for all people. The expression started unimportant to Gina, then she was pressured to express herself publicly, then she replied by demonstrating her indifference in a public expression, then her mandated expression of indifference was interpreted as hostility.

This isn't mutual respect, it's mandated capitulation and demanded expression of celebration through the weaponization of the subjectivity of discourse.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:17 PM 02-20-2021
Caught up to episode 5 of season two last night, and yeah man this show just keeps getting better and better

And as Dane says, the FX on season two are even better... which is saying something

My bud said The Passenger episode might bore me a bit, but it really didn't at all... loved the ice spiders, that whole set piece sure seemed like an Aliens tribute of sorts, it was very well done

The Jedi episode 5 was definitely a favorite, loooved it... can't wait for episode 6 since as my bud put it "you're not gonna BELIEVE who shows up in that one"

I'm gonna guess Lando Calrissian, but I'm sure to be thrilled with whoever it is

Finally, one last note on Gina Carano... there is not one thing she posted that is anti-semitic in any conceivable way

Hamfisted and over the top a bit? sure I'll buy that, but anti-semitic? No fucking chance

The old Hollywood, WWII serving tough guys like Bronson, Marvin, Stewart, etc must be rolling in their graves at just how far left that town has become

Lastly, thank you mods for allowing some of these politicized conversations to take place in this thread outside of DC... everyone said their piece, but it never actually derailed the thread
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:50 PM 02-20-2021
Really tough to overstate just how great the VFX have become in season 2

It just jumps out at you, its as close to 3D as anything will ever come on a standard HD tv... in a word, Immersive
[Reply]
staylor26 08:56 PM 02-20-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:

It just jumps out at you, its as close to 3D as anything will ever come on a standard HD tv... in a word, Immersive
It’s a beautiful show to watch on a nice TV.

All of these Disney shows are movie level production, and I think it’s going to to change the game.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:14 PM 02-20-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It’s a beautiful show to watch on a nice TV.

All of these Disney shows are movie level production, and I think it’s going to to change the game.
My work buddy gave me his spare roku that supposedly gets Disney+, haven't jacked around with it yet... but it will be operational by the time season 3 rolls around for sure

Its definitely GoT, Sopranos level television
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:10 PM 02-20-2021

It's due to The Volume, which is a massive LED screen that's also 20 foot high that encompasses the stages. The VFX are done before the actors shoot and when the actors move, the background moves with them and doesn't stay static. It's amazing tech that Favreau initially used on The Jungle Book followed by the Lion King. And the LED walls will continue to improve over time as well.

Sony just jumped into this tech as well, ordering their own Volume, so this is really the beginning of something that will change the industry forever.

That said, I'm totally with you on the VFX in S2. :-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:48 AM 02-21-2021
"The problem here is you offered a logical answer to an emotional question"
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:11 PM 02-21-2021

[Reply]
Bowser 03:15 PM 02-21-2021
:-)
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 02:51 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Are you trans, staylor?

If not, you don’t get to determine what is and what isn’t transphobic. The affected community gets to comment on what is offensive/phobic to them
That is what is known in the real world as complete bullshit. And trying to blend "transphobic" with "offensive" is a shit maneuver.

Be better than that.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:15 AM 02-27-2021
Finished up season two last night, those last three episodes were just awesome

Clay had to have busted nuts all over his living room seeing Boba Fett brought back to life... I sure didn't see that coming, still trying to figure out how he escaped the Sarlacc but somehow left his armor behind

And even though I knew he would appear in the finale, seeing young Luke back in action practically brought a tear to my eye

Can't wait for season 3, and sheesh is it gonna be a looong wait... didn't know until last night that its not coming out for well over a year :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:20 PM 02-27-2021
Clay had to have busted nuts all over his living room seeing Boba Fett brought back to life...
I made this to honor him.

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 05:29 PM 03-01-2021
Please please please.

https://thedirect.com/article/star-w...e-new-republic

Star Wars: Gina Carano's Cara Dune Rumored To Be Replaced By Hera Syndulla For Rangers Series
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:59 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Please please please.

https://thedirect.com/article/star-w...e-new-republic

Star Wars: Gina Carano's Cara Dune Rumored To Be Replaced By Hera Syndulla For Rangers Series
I heard they were considering this last week but it was just "under consideration" and wasn't set in stone, but I'd love to see it as well.

I hope they allow Vanessa Marshall to play Hera, just as I hope they hire Tia Sircar for the Ahsoka series but so far, it's been really quiet on the casting front.

Vanessa lives in my neighborhood but I haven't seen her since before COVID. If I happen to run into her, I'll be sure to ask but at 51, she may be considered too old for the part.
[Reply]
Page 125 of 153
« First < 2575115121122123124125 126127128129135 > Last »
Up