ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 116 of 153
« First < 1666106112113114115116 117118119120126 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:47 PM 02-11-2021
As a personal comment and not something that's been necessarily shared with me, I'll never understand why people put their careers in jeopardy over social media.

I mean, most of us who aren't related to actors, directors, producers, composers, et al, have to scratch, fight and kick just to even get noticed, let alone, make it to the "Top of the Mountain" of the entertainment industry.

I've mentioned that I had an offer to score a series for Disney a few years back and holy shit, if Disney asked me to stop posting on social media or lose my job, I would cancel my social media accounts immediately, which is something that I did back in 2017 anyway, as I saw the corrosive effects on other people in the industry.

God Bless her and all but for the life of me, I just don't get it.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:47 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You can’t possibly believe this :-)

News flash:

Those other clients are pretty much part of the mob. They’re all part of the same woke cult.
And you know absolutely nothing about the entertainment business.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:49 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
And you know nothing about how Hollywood works.
:-)

Here we go. Dane knows everything about Hollywood and anybody who questions him on any subject involving Hollywood is wrong.

I don’t need to “know how Hollywood works” to know that Hollywood is full of woke cult members.

You don’t have to be an expert to be aware of this.

Why don’t they want to be “associated with her” Dane? It has nothing to do with her political views opposing theirs, right?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:51 PM 02-11-2021

Here we go. Dane knows everything about Hollywood and anybody who questions him on any subject involving Hollywood is wrong.

I don’t need to “know how Hollywood works” to know that Hollywood is full of woke cult members.

You don’t have to be an expert to be aware of this.
Um, wrong again.

I've lived and worked in Hollywood since 1993, at Paramount Pictures and Universal. All of my neighbors are actors, directors and producers, some of which are Oscar winners. I have several friends that are big time agents as well.

You have absolutely zero knowledge of the inner workings of this business.

Zero. Zip. Nada.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:52 PM 02-11-2021
Um, wrong again.

I've lived and worked in Hollywood since 1993, at Paramount Pictures and Universal. All of my neighbors are actors, directors and producers, some of which are Oscar winners. I have several friends that are big time agents as well.

You have absolutely zero knowledge of the inner workings of this business.

Zero. Zip. Nada.

Why don’t they want to be “associated with her” Dane? It has nothing to do with her political views opposing theirs, right?

Get the fuck over yourself dude.
[Reply]
vailpass 06:53 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I don't think we need bullshit parody articles posted on here, but whatever.
Sorry bro. I didn’t mean to bring fiction into your Star Wars reality.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:55 PM 02-11-2021

Get the fuck over yourself dude.

[Reply]
staylor26 06:56 PM 02-11-2021
You apparently have all the answers, so what is it?

You said they don’t want to be associated with her. Why not?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:56 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Sorry bro. I didn’t mean to bring fiction into your Star Wars reality.
You're no better than staylor. You guys are obsessed with politics and allow it to permeate every facet of your life.

But hey, thanks for fucking up a great thread about a great Star Wars TV show.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:57 PM 02-11-2021
You're no better than staylor. You guys are obsessed with politics and allow it to permeate every facet of your life.

But hey, thanks for fucking up a great thread about a great Star Wars TV show.
JFC dude she was fired because of her political posts. This story is political by nature. No matter how much you want to pretend it isn’t.

You’re no better than the woke mob. You make excuses and defend this shit every single time.

Unless it’s Colin Kaepernick of course. Then a Cuban like myself isn’t even allowed to have anything to say about him wearing a Castro shirt while defending the evil dictator that tried to have my grandfather killed.
[Reply]
vailpass 07:01 PM 02-11-2021

But hey, thanks for ****ing up a great thread about a great Star Wars TV show.
Not politics to me, it’s humor. Apologies, I honestly didn’t realize you guys took it this seriously. I’ll not post in this thread again.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:02 PM 02-11-2021
JFC dude she was fired because of her political posts. This story is political by nature. No matter how much you want to pretend it isn’t.

You’re no better than the woke mob. You make excuses and defend this shit every single time.

Unless it’s Colin Kaepernick of course.
I haven't defended anyone, you fucking moron.

She was fired because she decided that posting on social media was more important than her career.

Period, end of story.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:03 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Not politics to me, it’s humor. Apologies, I honestly didn’t realize you guys took it this seriously. I’ll not post in this thread again.
Dude, there are 1,737 posts and counting along with nearly 157,000 views about a TV show that has a grand total of 16 episodes, so yeah, people care about this program.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:04 PM 02-11-2021
I haven't defended anyone, you fucking moron.

She was fired because she decided that posting on social media was more important than her career.

Period, end of story.
What was she posting? Certainly posting on social media isn’t an issue alone. It’s what she’s posting. Are you seriously trying to pretend that it has nothing to do with her political views?

I understand that she wouldn’t stop when they asked and she’s an idiot for that. It’s not the point. Where does the pressure come from to fire her in the first place?
[Reply]
vailpass 07:07 PM 02-11-2021
Dude, there are 1,737 posts and counting along with nearly 157,000 views about a TV show that has a grand total of 16 episodes, so yeah, people care about this program.
I hear you. I obviously did not read all those posts so was not aware there was no room for humor among a group of grown men discussing a TV show. Though it’s not my thing it’s obviously some of yours and I’ll respect that by not posting in here outside our current conversation. It was not my intention to shit on your enjoyment.
[Reply]
Page 116 of 153
« First < 1666106112113114115116 117118119120126 > Last »
Up