ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 50
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Media Center>Justice League (2017)
Munson 04:34 PM 07-23-2016

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:54 PM 11-20-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The critics can bite it. I'm looking forward to this movie and I'll bet it's pretty good.
Critics are ruining movie goers experiences by placing their thoughts into the minds of viewers who have yet to see the film. Most of the time it's "fanboy", fake reviewers:

Marvel's Thor: Ragnorak is amazing but DC's Justice League is not.

:-)

A great number of these "reviewers" receive compensation for raving about Marvel and blasting DC. It's become an ugly business and no one should trust them. I don't even bother reading reviews or Rotten Tomatoes because "Aggregate Websites" will take a line from a review, then use it as their own lead line to bash a film.

And I'm sorry, 99.9999% of Chiefsplanet members aren't movie critics. Just because you don't like a movie doesn't mean it wasn't well made. I read this shit on Facebook by dozens of friends that said "La La Land" was overrated and how "critics" are stupid.

La La Land and Marvel/DC films have absolutely zero in common with each other, other than the fact that they're both fictional tales shown on the same medium.

Go see a movie. Enjoy or don't enjoy it. But don't let some buttfucking moron that you don't even know decide whether or not a movie is "good" or "bad".
[Reply]
SAGA45 02:58 PM 11-20-2017
Dane,

I agree. I avoid reviews completely before seeing a film, especially DC movies. They torched Batman vs Superman but I really enjoyed it. I usually read reviews afterward to see what whether they agree or not with my thoughts on the film.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 02:59 PM 11-20-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Critics are ruining movie goers experiences by placing their thoughts into the minds of viewers who have yet to see the film. Most of the time it's "fanboy", fake reviewers:

Marvel's Thor: Ragnorak is amazing but DC's Justice League is not.

A great number of these "reviewers" receive compensation for raving about Marvel and blasting DC. It's become an ugly business and no one should trust them. I don't even bother reading reviews or Rotten Tomatoes because "Aggregate Websites" will take a line from a review, then use it as their own lead line to bash a film.

And I'm sorry, 99.9999% of Chiefsplanet members aren't movie critics. Just because you don't like a movie doesn't mean it wasn't well made. I read this shit on Facebook by dozens of friends that said "La La Land" was overrated and how "critics" are stupid.

La La Land and Marvel/DC films have absolutely zero in common with each other, other than the fact that they're both fictional tales shown on the same medium.

Go see a movie. Enjoy or don't enjoy it. But don't let some butt****ing moron that you don't even know decide whether or not a movie is "good" or "bad".
I am the .0001 percent (or was)! :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:01 PM 11-20-2017
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
I am the .0001 percent (or was)! :-)

Yep :-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:10 PM 11-20-2017
What's going on with Affleck? It would be a damn shame if he left.
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:44 PM 11-20-2017
The internet and particularly social media has turned the public into a herd. It's just as visible in video game discussion. And I believe at least some of these 'open and honest conversations' are carefully constructed narratives. In the end people let their minds be made up for them long before they experience anything for themselves.

What the net IS good for is breaking down movies and games. In terms of finding Easter eggs, understanding references and connections, etc.

But value judgements? No thanks. It's all marketing, either for or against.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:49 PM 11-20-2017
BTW, Gadot still isn't believable as WW, but Miller did surprisingly good job as the Flash.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:51 PM 11-20-2017
People actually read movie reviews? I don't think I ever have. If it looks good....I'll go see it. If it doesn't....then I'll probably wait until it hits Redbox and then maybe give it a shot.
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:00 PM 11-20-2017
Who needs to read a review when you can just look up a percentage on the tomatometer...
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:01 PM 11-20-2017
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Who needs to read a review when you can just look up a percentage on the tomatometer...
I don't even do that.
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 04:04 PM 11-20-2017
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
RT isn't the bible or whatever but it's sometimes nice to know what the general opinion of it is. That said, sites like Metacritic are a lot better because on one hand you can see the pundits' score and at the same time, you can see the average movie-goer's score which also is more fuel to the "critics are bought out" conspiracy theorists:

http://www.metacritic.com/movie/justice-league
[Reply]
BigRichard 05:26 PM 11-20-2017
Originally Posted by Ragged Robin:
RT isn't the bible or whatever but it's sometimes nice to know what the general opinion of it is. That said, sites like Metacritic are a lot better because on one hand you can see the pundits' score and at the same time, you can see the average movie-goer's score which also is more fuel to the "critics are bought out" conspiracy theorists:

RT also does what you are describing. They have a critics score and an audience score. Critic scores mean dick to me but I am, a good majority of the time, right on with the audience score. The audience scored well on Justice League but the critics abused it. I for once was going along with the critics on this one.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 05:40 PM 11-20-2017
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
RT also does what you are describing. They have a critics score and an audience score. Critic scores mean dick to me but I am, a good majority of the time, right on with the audience score. The audience scored well on Justice League but the critics abused it. I for once was going along with the critics on this one.
Yeah 7.2 for metacritic and 8.5 from audience scores on RT. Both better than BVS theatrical which shouldve never been released...UE should've been the theatrical one.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 09:42 PM 11-20-2017
Originally Posted by Ragged Robin:

Average movie goer scores are inherently biased on the high side, because most people who go to a movie want it to be good. It doesn't mean all the scores will be bloated, but it is something to take into account.

Using critics is a pretty easy, efficient, and sensible, way to decide how to spend your movie dollars. Find a group of critics whose opinions generally line up with yours. Stick with them until you see consistent divergence.

And, apparently, you need to avoid listening to CP's comics fanboys about DCU movies.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:23 PM 11-20-2017
Well, it certainly wasn't a great movie but it was entertaining.

Spoiler!

Anyway, I'm excited to see where things go.

Assuming they don't blow it all up, the next JL film could be the Legion of Doom or Darkseid himself. I'm down for either one.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 50
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up