ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 18
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Media Center>HBO series The Leftovers
Fire Me Boy! 06:59 AM 06-06-2014
Two percent of the world's population disappears. Looks intriguing. Starts June 29.

[Reply]
KCUnited 01:35 PM 07-06-2014
I'll give it a few more, but that pilot had waaay too much piano going on for me.
[Reply]
underEJ 10:48 AM 07-07-2014
I like it. I'm not totally sure what I'm watching yet, but it is summer and there isn't much else on, so it gets a longer chance to make me love it!

The three years is interesting, as I think there should be more reactionary response to that many people disappearing, but I guess that gets into the place where people just can't fathom the actual numbers, like in this episode, and after a bit of time, it starts to become fun facts more than actual impact (the entire cast of a long dead tv show all disappearing for instance.)

Looking forward to more. I like Justin Theroux and Scott Glenn, but I hate Amy Brenneman so I will have to like it alot to stay with a show that has her as a central character.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:49 PM 07-08-2014
They just added a lot more mystery and WTF is going on here moments. Consider the dude's track record with Lost, I'm not in on this yet.
[Reply]
Braincase 10:26 AM 07-09-2014
I watched the first episode last night... interesting, dark...but one question, and you can message me with the answer.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Rausch 11:51 AM 07-09-2014
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I have it recorded, but am mulling whether to watch right away or let a few pile up and binge.
I always do that with a new show anyway. Not really fair to judge anything off just one epp. I try to go at least 3 eps in before throwing in the towel...
[Reply]
BigBeauford 12:13 PM 07-09-2014
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I always do that with a new show anyway. Not really fair to judge anything off just one epp. I try to go at least 3 eps in before throwing in the towel...
Yeah, this show has about 1 more episode to start explaining the weirdness, or it's pretty much done for me. I felt like I have been watching one continuous pilot between two episodes.
[Reply]
vailpass 07:55 AM 07-10-2014
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Yeah, this show has about 1 more episode to start explaining the weirdness, or it's pretty much done for me. I felt like I have been watching one continuous pilot between two episodes.
Tried to watch first 2 episodes, couldn't get all the way through either one. Done. Wonder what the ratings are?
[Reply]
Sfeihc 09:49 AM 07-10-2014
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Tried to watch first 2 episodes, couldn't get all the way through either one. Done. Wonder what the ratings are?
So far this show is well below HBO's normal standards. Honestly, the whole premise seems flawed to me.
[Reply]
vailpass 12:16 PM 07-10-2014
Originally Posted by Sfeihc:
So far this show is well below HBO's normal standards. Honestly, the whole premise seems flawed to me.
Agreed on both points. After such a stellar run I guess even HBO was due for a dud.
[Reply]
vailpass 08:06 PM 07-11-2014
Weekend TV Preview: Will HBO’s ‘The Leftovers’ Get Better This Week?
By Dustin Rowles | 7/11/2014

Leftovers (HBO, Sunday 10 p.m.) — Everyone among the critics says this episode is the one to watch, that the third episode will CHANGE OUR LIVES. I haven’t watched it yet, but then again, I liked the first two episodes just fine. However, I wouldn’t object to a remarkably strong third episode, if only so viewers will stick around and continue to watch it with me. It’s not like the old days, before Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead, when people would give a new drama a half season or so to find its feet … oh wait, didn’t both of those shows start off slow, too (especially The Walking Dead)?
http://uproxx.com/tv/2014/07/weekend...ter-this-week/
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:47 PM 07-11-2014
John from Cincinatti II
[Reply]
BigBeauford 09:57 PM 07-11-2014
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Weekend TV Preview: Will HBO’s ‘The Leftovers’ Get Better This Week?
By Dustin Rowles | 7/11/2014

Leftovers (HBO, Sunday 10 p.m.) — Everyone among the critics says this episode is the one to watch, that the third episode will CHANGE OUR LIVES. I haven’t watched it yet, but then again, I liked the first two episodes just fine. However, I wouldn’t object to a remarkably strong third episode, if only so viewers will stick around and continue to watch it with me. It’s not like the old days, before Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead, when people would give a new drama a half season or so to find its feet … oh wait, didn’t both of those shows start off slow, too (especially The Walking Dead)?
http://uproxx.com/tv/2014/07/weekend...ter-this-week/
The Walking Dead actually started off very strong, didn't lose me until season 3.
[Reply]
ragedogg69 08:23 AM 07-12-2014
I love Dustin and the warming glow, but every once and a while he just makes shit up to fit his theories. Walking Dead had one of the strongest pilots ever, and I would never classify GOT as "needing to find its feet."

We are now in a TV landscape where it is easier than ever to just marathon a TV Show after the fact. No need to stress on "is this worth my time?"
[Reply]
vailpass 11:25 AM 07-12-2014
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
The Walking Dead actually started off very strong, didn't lose me until season 3.
Yeah. GoT kicked ass from jump as well. Not sure what that guy is talking about...
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:31 PM 07-12-2014
Walking Dead was lucky to survive the first half of season 2. Show just ground to a halt on the farm. Not much wrong with season 1 though.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 18
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up