ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Early 2021 Mock (3 rounds)
In58men 02:11 PM 12-17-2020
Are we in on WR Chris Olave @ 32?
[Reply]
staylor26 06:32 PM 12-17-2020
Originally Posted by In58men:
Are we in on WR Chris Olave @ 32?
Yes. He’d be in my top 10 or so.
[Reply]
In58men 10:23 AM 12-19-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yes. He’d be in my top 10 or so.
Looks like he won’t be playing in the Big Ten Championship game, COVID.

Could hurt his stock a little bit.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:28 PM 12-19-2020
When you hit on 4 rookies that can start and play well on defense you really open yourself up to be able to attack some deficiencies on offense.

Wharton, Danna, Sneed and Gay were such crucial picks for us. That doesn’t even include Clyde!

Would really like to see us attack WR, DE, safety and OL in this draft.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:25 PM 12-19-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
When you hit on 4 rookies that can start and play well on defense you really open yourself up to be able to attack some deficiencies on offense.

Wharton, Danna, Sneed and Gay were such crucial picks for us. That doesn’t even include Clyde!

Would really like to see us attack WR, DE, safety and OL in this draft.

Yeah, fortunately it’s a deep draft for WR and OL, so they can focus on DE with their first pick. I think they can afford to swing for an upside guy who may need some development time (Jayson Oweh, Jaelan Phillips) at the end of the first.

Both those guys jump off the screen when you watch them. Crazy athletic.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:27 PM 12-19-2020
From Matt Miller’s scouting notebook:

Originally Posted by :
26. OT Christian Darrisaw, Virginia Tech

27. OG Alijah Vera-Tucker, USC

28. RB Najee Harris, Alabama

29. WR Chris Olave, Ohio State

30. TE Pat Freiermuth, Penn State

31. OT Alex Leatherwood, Alabama

32. OT Liam Eichenberg, Notre Dame
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...UM&share=other

That looks pretty damn awesome if this turns out this way. 3 tackles and 2 nice receiving weapons.

Sounds like we’ll have lots of quality options
[Reply]
In58men 08:52 AM 12-21-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
From Matt Miller’s scouting notebook:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...UM&share=other

That looks pretty damn awesome if this turns out this way. 3 tackles and 2 nice receiving weapons.

Sounds like we’ll have lots of quality options
This draft class is very deep @ OT. I’d be surprised if we went that high, I wouldn’t be opposed to it. I still like Chris Olave @ 32. Gotta do something with Robinson or Hardman.
[Reply]
Riflemen 02:52 PM 12-21-2020
I was not impressed with Dylan Moses in the SEC Championship. I really wanted to like him but he was abused in pass coverage. It was bad...
[Reply]
staylor26 02:26 PM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by Riflemen:
I was not impressed with Dylan Moses in the SEC Championship. I really wanted to like him but he was abused in pass coverage. It was bad...
Yea I’m out on Moses in the 1st. He will not be the pick in my next mock, which should be done by the end of the day.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:50 AM 12-22-2020
I just don't see drafting another RB in the first.

The Chiefs' redzone issues are an offensive line problem. I mean, we have the problem with CEH and Le'Veon Bell for fuck's sake. Wouldn't you think that RB isn't the problem?

Not saying we need an OL in the first, but I really think a DE, LB, or WR would be positions in which we could go, with the WR spot being more of a re-stocking situation.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:30 AM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I just don't see drafting another RB in the first.

The Chiefs' redzone issues are an offensive line problem. I mean, we have the problem with CEH and Le'Veon Bell for fuck's sake. Wouldn't you think that RB isn't the problem?

Not saying we need an OL in the first, but I really think a DE, LB, or WR would be positions in which we could go, with the WR spot being more of a re-stocking situation.
Bell won't be around next season as I said Damien is an average 29 years old who has horrible contact balance. Damien will be on a contract year, and will want be paid, Darrel is JAG who'll be a RFA this offseason. Then there's Thompson who sucks.

Najee Harris and Javonte Williams will be a part of the interview process and targets in rounds 1-3
[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:15 PM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Bell won't be around next season as I said Damien is an average 29 years old who has horrible contact balance. Damien will be on a contract year, and will want be paid, Darrel is JAG who'll be a RFA this offseason. Then there's Thompson who sucks.

Najee Harris and Javonte Williams will be a part of the interview process and targets in rounds 1-3
Perhaps, but probably a minuscule chance they take either. They’ll add RB competition in rd 4 or 5
[Reply]
staylor26 02:27 PM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Perhaps, but probably a minuscule chance they take either. They’ll add RB competition in rd 4 or 5
A guy like Khalil Herbert on day 3 would be ideal.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 02:32 PM 12-22-2020
I was thinking drafting RB after watching CEH go down. Then realized that it woulda been a good idea to get a mid to late round guy to go with him anyway....I havent watched much college ball but my eye is on Rhamondre Stevenson from OU. And Juju if he hits free agency
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up