ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 38
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dental experiences with O.City
O.city 11:54 AM 12-05-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I noticed i had tartar build up on the backside of my lower front teeth the other day so i picked it all out with a paper clip cuz im a bad ass mofo like that.

...Actually i just dont like going to the dentist...or doctor.
Sounds smart. Good job. :-):-):-)
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:00 PM 12-05-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Sounds smart. Good job. :-):-):-)
Hey it worked though! Teeth feel so clean and smooth now....
[Reply]
Eleazar 11:59 AM 12-05-2019
Dear Mr. O.city, I read on a website that there is some thought that flossing may not be as beneficial as people think. Your thoughts?

Is the correlation between flossing and good dental health a direct one, or because daily flossers are more likely to take better care of their teeth in general?

I'll listen off the air.
[Reply]
O.city 12:06 PM 12-05-2019
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Dear Mr. O.city, I read on a website that there is some thought that flossing may not be as beneficial as people think. Your thoughts?

Is the correlation between flossing and good dental health a direct one, or because daily flossers are more likely to take better care of their teeth in general?

I'll listen off the air.
Eh, it's more about removing interproximal (between teeth) buildup and impacted debris (food) than anything. I haven't read on it recently, there was some stuff about it a few years ago (maybe what you're referencing) but I won't comment on it either way.

Brushing is the gold standard, but what I would say is the majority of decay occurs between teeth directly below the contact point where they meet. That can't be cleaned with a brush.

LIke you've said, most people that floss regularly are pretty habitual with their oral hygiene so that may correlate. Like most things in life, it's not one thing or another.

Diet, hygiene, type of bacteria intraorally etc is different for everyone. Some patients have a lot of trouble with periodontal disease but no issues with decay, some have decay but fine gum tissue, some both.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:43 PM 12-05-2019
what a bunch of vain assholes
[Reply]
DJJasonp 02:47 PM 12-05-2019
was enjoying a bowl of hot soup..........till I read this!

wow
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:49 PM 12-05-2019
what's wrong with hot soup
[Reply]
DJJasonp 03:05 PM 12-05-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
what's wrong with hot soup
something about nasty teeth and tooth decay kind of ruined it for me!

:-)
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:59 PM 12-05-2019
When you think about the distribution of teeth, is it a bell curve, or is it a logarithmic curve?

In other words, if I asked you to recall the best set of teeth you've ever seen from a combined aesthetic and health standpoint, would you immediately winnow the list down to a select few sets that wowed you? Or are perfect teeth something that should be pretty common so you've got 10 or 20 or 30 percent of patients with excellent teeth that are all perfect or near-perfect?
[Reply]
O.city 03:11 PM 12-05-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
When you think about the distribution of teeth, is it a bell curve, or is it a logarithmic curve?

In other words, if I asked you to recall the best set of teeth you've ever seen from a combined aesthetic and health standpoint, would you immediately winnow the list down to a select few sets that wowed you? Or are perfect teeth something that should be pretty common so you've got 10 or 20 or 30 percent of patients with excellent teeth that are all perfect or near-perfect?
Eh, would have to define perfect. Orthodontically perfect is different than say, restoratively perfect. I've got quite a few patients that don't have any restorations (filings, crowns etc) and have had braces so they're pretty.

Just depends what you want/like.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:36 PM 12-05-2019
Eh, would have to define perfect. Orthodontically perfect is different than say, restoratively perfect. I've got quite a few patients that don't have any restorations (filings, crowns etc) and have had braces so they're pretty.

Just depends what you want/like.
I'm just wondering if there has ever been a specific person where you've said, "That's the best set of chompers I've ever seen."
[Reply]
O.city 03:46 PM 12-05-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I'm just wondering if there has ever been a specific person where you've said, "That's the best set of chompers I've ever seen."
Yeah, some of my work!:-)

But no, not really. I've seen some really cool cosmetic cases that turned out well.
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:16 AM 12-06-2019
Yeah, some of my work!:-)

:-)

but seriously i would highly, highly recommend o.city, he does great work
[Reply]
O.city 03:13 PM 12-05-2019
Afternoon inmate is...…..surprise surprise a 21 year old previous (he says) meth and crack user. Guess he hasn't been using for 5 months, he's been in the clink that long.

Extracting a couple molars. Probably needs all his teeth extracted. Sad.
[Reply]
O.city 03:31 PM 12-05-2019
Afternoon inmate is...…..surprise surprise a 21 year old previous (he says) meth and crack user. Guess he hasn't been using for 5 months, he's been in the clink that long.

Extracting a couple molars. Probably needs all his teeth extracted. Sad.
And of course he says he's not numb and is freaking out. Should be a fun afternoon.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 38
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up